• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

GavinUK86

Oct 25, 2017
I loved this game back when I played it on 360 and then PC later on.

Even though I was awful at it. I thought everyone was lying to me!

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks pretty damn good! Terrible release date, though. No one's going to be buying this with so many other AAA games this month.

Oct 25, 2017
A2KUAAH.gif

GeoGonzo

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Madrid, Spain
I can't watch the video yet but I guess this has no gameplay of the VR version, right? I don't think I've seen a single screenshot of that.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Super excited about driving around in L.A. The story left a bit to be desired but the attention to detail was razor sharp. I loved Cole's suits to unlock and the interiors we got to explore during case progression were incredible.

Bluebot

Oct 25, 2017
Japan
I wonder how the Switch version is going to look and run. Lately I've been doing all my console gaming there, but 4K and new effects pique my interest in booting up the PS4 again.

BLLYjoe25

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I never played this before so this is perfect for me.

I was going to get it on Switch but had to return it so it'll be PS4 for me.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
The world holds up well enough but the character models don't hold up at all. Reminds me of this:
michelin_man.jpg

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Better than the original still? Because if that's the case, a slightly improved game that's portable is very compelling for me.
We don't know for sure yet, but come on... if tech illiterate Bethesda is doing their remaster on Switch than it seems doubtless Rockstar will not just port the unaltered old game.

Robdraggoo

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good, the faces still look great.

This will be a switch pick up for sure. What is it, 40bucks?

Dragoneye

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The United States of America
I love L.A Noire but this trailer doesn't really make the remaster look that great. I'm sure for people who never played it will be worthwhile but for all the lack of info we've been getting about it I was expecting Rockstar would give us something that looked really good.

I however really really want a poster of the games cover, this would look great on a wall.
la-noire-announcement-poster.jpg

Jeremiah

Oct 25, 2017
I'm confused, the trailer is 4k, but in safari I can only max out 1080p@60? Am I missing something?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the original game on PC but that trailer didn't blow me away, the textures looked 10 years old (no surprise).

It also made me sad thinking about how sales of the game basically shut down the studio behind the game, Team Bondi, and I wonder what their follow up game, Whore of the Orient (yeah, you can kinda guess why no publisher wanted to touch that) would have been like.

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
I loved the original game on PC but that trailer didn't blow me away, the textures looked 10 years old (no surprise).

It also made me sad thinking about how sales of the game basically shut down the studio behind the game, Team Bondi, and I wonder what their follow up game, Whore of the Orient (yeah, you can kinda guess why no publisher wanted to touch that) would have been like.
Actually the studio was headed to die before the game even released. Rockstar had to step into a bigger role to make sure it was up to quality before launch because the main studio behind the game was a mess and crunching like crazy. Rockstar owns the brand though thankfully, and speculation is that this remaster may be a sign Rockstar wants to at least not forget about the brand just yet.

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
This game really deserves a sequel; it had such a great premise.The sequel would need to fix the first's biggest problems, of course:
- provide more ways to interact with the open world
- make investigations less linear and clues harder to find

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
This game really deserves a sequel; it had such a great premise.The sequel would need to fix the first's biggest problems, of course:
- provide more ways to interact with the open world
- make investigations less linear and clues harder to find
Which clue setting did you play on? It was possible to make it so the game would give zero indications of when you were looking at a clue, rather than having it play piano key sounds or visually highlighting it if you didn't want those hints

greatgeek

Oct 25, 2017
Which clue setting did you play on? It was possible to make it so the game would give zero indications of when you were looking at a clue, rather than having it play piano key sounds or visually highlighting it if you didn't want those hints
Interesting. I remember the musical cues. So I guess I missed or skipped that feature.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how the Switch version is going to look and run. Lately I've been doing all my console gaming there, but 4K and new effects pique my interest in booting up the PS4 again.
the Switch version is a port of the PC version, so it wont have the graphical upgrades of the XBO and PS4 version (Switch is outsourced to Virtuous, while the other 2 are in-house)

OP
OP

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
the Switch version is a port of the PC version, so it wont have the graphical upgrades of the XBO and PS4 version (Switch is outsourced to Virtuous, while the other 2 are in-house)
RIP that's unfortunate. Surprising that Skyrim is getting the upgrades on Switch but LA Noire from a much better publisher/studio isn't.

starsleep3

Oct 25, 2017
This is right up there this fall with Mario/AC/Wolf/CoD, etc in terms of highly anticipated. Loved this last gen, very excited to play it again.

I listen to the soundtrack regularly, still.

Split

Oct 25, 2017
Excited to finally play this all the way through. I purchased the original on release but my backlog in the 360 days was crazy since I spent all my time with halo and fallout games.

Reick17

Oct 25, 2017
I'm excited to play this again. As a fan of old-time Hollywood and films, I would sometimes just drive around the map for hours looking at stuff.

Any word if this includes the DLC? I would assume so.

GearDraxon

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe this is the time for my wife and me to finally finish this. Any word on if the PC version is getting upgrades/changes, or should I just crank it up to 4k and go nuts?

Dax

Oct 25, 2017
It is so great to see that this game hasn't been forgotten, I had an absolute blast with back when it was first released, hopefully this Switch port introduces it to a new audience with style. If by some miracle we get LA Noire 2 down the track where you could relish in your own corruption and abuse of the system, that would be dandy.

Simo

Oct 26, 2017
Michigan, USA
Of all the games under the rockstar label, this one is the least likely to ever get s sequel. So I'm happy with it.

Actually to Take Two it's one of the 3 successful pillars under the Rockstar brand. GTA and RDR being the other two.

Zhuge should be able to confirm but they list as much in their investors package from 2016 and it was the best selling title for a new IP in 2011 with 5-6 million copies sold. So for all we know Rockstar is planning, or already working, on a sequel and the remaster is just to reintroduce the IP to the market.

Again the game sold well apparently. Bondi closing was all McNamara and upper management's fault for mismanagement and being difficult to work for. I mean, Bondi would of been Rockstar Sydney if McNamara hadn't screwed it all up.

KMM acquired McNamara and the Orient project but shifting work load and changes like getting Fury Road finished and no longer pursuing the game industry shuttered the project and team.

Personally I didn't like L.A Noire especially when you get to Homicide and realize that none of your choices really matter. That the city was just a note with nothing to really do.