• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
i'm sure once Sony orders a Bloodborne patch/PC port, reliable people will be in the known.

for now move on people, please.

the-pi-guy

Oct 29, 2017
While I trust Lance, his tweet doesn't really make sense.
A contract ending for a specific project doesn't mean there aren't contracts for other projects, and it doesn't mean they can't make another contract.

He's also not really confirming PC isnt happening, just that it isn't being done by the studio rumored.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility and antagonizing other members over a series of posts
TIL I'm pathetic and embarrassing for hoping more people will be able to experience what I consider the game of the generation.
Everyday I learn something new on ResetEra.
yes if you choose to be so hyperbolic and define yourself and your interests based on a single fucking video game

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
It will be funny to see everyone that jumped on the bandwagon of this rumor last year try and claim credit whenever Bloodborne gets a re-release of some form.
Time will tell but iam personally optimistic about it. But yeah if by any chance it gets a re-release on PS5 or PC, shit is gonna hilarious to read.

Although the developer part of the rumor still confuses me so i would really like to find out the truth behind it :D

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
That leak that had Days Gone and the Ninja Gaiden Trilogy before they were announced also had Bloodborne.

I still believe.

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, for clarity Lance is specifically debunking the "Bloodborne Remastered for PC & PS5 by QLOC & Bluepoint" claims last year. It doesn't mean zero chance of Bloodborne on PC, given that's the screamingly obvious move, but it likely will mean no updates for the existing console version. Then again, we're still waiting for P5R after the success of the Steam version of P4G.

Indeed, I've heard claims that the reason Bloodborne PC is taking so long is that they're working on cross platform multiplayer with the existing console version. Given that is likely to be the same cross platform system MLB The Show will be using (and that they'd need to get it talking to at minimum Steam for a future PC version of The Show), I suspect we'd have a good idea how Sony's getting on with building a cross platform multiplayer infrastructure next week.

As always, time will tell. However, there's really no need to rely on rumors when facts and common sense are more than enough to form an opinion on the matter. Sony already confirmed that more of its games will be coming to PC. Souls-likes enjoy immense success on PC. Bloodborne is a core-gamer darling. It doesn't take a genious at business to realize that releasing an updated version on PS5 and PC will make Sony lots and lots of money.

Oct 25, 2017
It just means that Sony contracted them on Demon's Souls and the contract was finished once the game released.
This is the worst thing about remasters/faithful remakes. I'm not aware of the Demon's Souls particular issues that would require patching, but Dark Souls Remastered is pretty much the only version available on any modern platform and the ambient sounds, so critical to the game's atmosphere, just don't work properly, and nobody will patch it because nobody is getting paid to work on the game anymore.

The workaround is quite simple, if slightly annoying: you just need to reload the game after changing areas. But who will ever think of doing that on their first playthrough? And it's the one where this matters most.

It really really sucks when versions that are supposed to replace another as the definitive one end up with worse issues. Thank God Namco still sells vanilla DS2 on Steam.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
can we make thread whining legal for just this thread? ha. man this news hurts so bad.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The thread title should be "Bloodborne for PC rumors were 100% fake about a year ago last time I checked but is it happening now? It absolutely 100% could be maybe!" That's the real message here =P

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
This is the worst thing about remasters/faithful remakes. I'm not aware of the Demon's Souls particular issues that would require patching, but Dark Souls Remastered is pretty much the only version available on any modern platform and the ambient sounds, so critical to the game's atmosphere, just don't work properly, and nobody will patch it because nobody is getting paid to work on the game anymore.

The workaround is quite simple, if slightly annoying: you just need to reload the game after changing areas. But who will ever think of doing that on their first playthrough? And it's the one where this matters most.

It really really sucks when versions that are supposed to replace another as the definitive one end up with worse issues. Thank God Namco still sells vanilla DS2 on Steam.

no one made a mod to fix it? at least on PC there's that.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
"I know for a fact the rumours were fake even though I have no idea if BB PC is happening or not" - Random modder guy

Makes perfect sense to take his word as gospel

Alexandros

Oct 26, 2017
Thank you mods for the updated thread title.

JUST RELEASE A FUCKING 4K 60 FPS PATCH FOR FUCKING SAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I'm sure it will happen. If I had to guess, Sony probably wants to put some distance between such a release and the new game it released a few months ago in the genre (Demon's Souls).

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
People that haven't experienced BB yet should just play it on ps4. Maybe it'll get released on pc eventually, but it's not worth stressing and waiting for more than 5 years for a game you're really excited to try.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
It could still happen. All he's saying is that the rumors from last year were fake.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
FYI for those crushed by this news, he's only saying those rumors from last year were fake. While I don't think you should wait around for a PC version, it doesn't mean that the door is officially closed.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
yes if you choose to be so hyperbolic and define yourself and your interests based on a single fucking video game

I wasn't the one saying it.
I just said there's nothing pathetic or embarrassing about hoping for a game to be ported to a new platform that will not only broaden the player base but also help preservation.
You seem unreasonably and unhealthily angry at the idea.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
They didn't even commission a Pro patch for Bloodborne, and a further lack of movement on any PS5 enhancements, it's just not happening sadly.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
Then why is he not releasing his patch? :)
He did.

I just said there's nothing pathetic or embarrassing about hoping for a game to be ported to a new platform that will not only broaden the player base but also help preservation.
I'm sure an eventual emulator and ISO will help preserve it the same way a lot of console exclusives have been.

e: I'm not anti-PC port, just saying to act like the game will vanish if it remains without a native PC port is a bit much.

DustyVonErich

Oct 31, 2017
I think the guy telling everyone theyre pathetic is actually more pathetic

...You seem unreasonably and unhealthily angry at the idea.
Agreed. Dude coming in aggressive for what reason?

Anyways back on topic, I hope Bloodborne pc eventually happens. I don't own a gaming pc, but if a 60 fps remaster was being made for pc, you'd think a PS5 version would be coming right along side of it.

There is a part of me wondering if Sony would go full remake instead to really cash in, because I could see that happening too.

Either way, I just want my next play through of Bloodborne to be 60 fps. Playing at 60 frames this gen so far has made me a believer lol.

Corralx

Aug 23, 2018
London, UK
He did.

I'm sure an eventual emulator and ISO will help preserve it the same way a lot of console exclusives have been.

Yes, however:
- for emulation to be legal you technically still need to own the copy of the game and the console you've extracted the ROM from (we know no one cares but still)
- we're still many years away from perfect emulation of PS4 content as far as I'm aware

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
The Bluepoint contract thing is interesting to know. At least now we know that they're not working on Bloodborne.

Edit : I should probably rephrase my first post, but by interesting, i mean that it's interesting to see that a game like Demon's Souls doesn't have a really long contract time post-release to patch some stuff in.

As soon as the game is released it's considered an old past released and Sony doesn't care about it. You'll be lucky if the PS5 slim is even able to play it.

Oct 30, 2017
i'm not against the idea. i'm not against hoping for it. i get it. i own the game. i spent triple digit hours playing it. it's a fantastic game.

but seeing how often people twist tweets or insinuate things that just aren't there in some vain attempt to pressure Sony into doing something about the game is what i find to be over-the-top. for all the people like you who come at this in good faith, there are an equal number likely attacking companies over this very game.

Pancracio17

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Agreed. Dude coming in aggressive for what reason?

Anyways back on topic, I hope Bloodborne pc eventually happens. I don't own a gaming pc, but if a 60 fps remaster was being made for pc, you'd think a PS5 version would be coming right along side of it.

There is a part of me wondering if Sony would go full remake instead to really cash in, because I could see that happening too.

Either way, I just want my next play through of Bloodborne to be 60 fps. Playing at 60 frames this gen so far has made me a believer lol.
I dont think a bloodborne remake makes that much sense tbh. Like, sure the sales numbers compared to a patch or rerelease would be higher, but the production cost would also be so much higher they arent comparable. Would a remake sell that much more that its worth it?

Jun 7, 2018
Germany

There isn't really a need for Sony to invest in a remake. Even a remastered version of Bloodborne would make them a ton of money. This is also one of the reasons why I absolutely cannot understand that Bloodborne Remastered has still not been released.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
They can't patch Demon's Souls because their contract was finished? wtf, that's crazy.

I'm betting the contract would cover only stuff like game breaking bugs. Weird, but kinda makes sense, I'm sure Sony wanted to pay as little as possible and BP wanted to move on to another project asap.

I always wondered why they never patched "Splitter" face camo in MGS3 remaster being low res (not many people noticed that, but I did and it always bugged me lol) compared to others, but that would make perfect sense, project is done, there's nothing game breaking, we're moving on.