• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Do you think Bloodborne PC will ever come out

• Yes

Votes: 533 43.8%
  • No

Votes: 683 56.2%

• Total voters

Ovvv

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jan 11, 2019
Sounds like we might actually get this one day

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still expecting at this rate we'll see it remastered. That way Sony gets the PS5 and PC money.
With how long it has been and there being no intention of updating the PS4 version, they'd just be leaving money on the table not making it a full-fledged release.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
They've seen the code, huh? Next you know, they've also seen Jim Ryan's secret stash of cancelled hopes and dreams.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
Important to note that back in like January From was not involved with BB in any capacity as told by Omnipotent who is way closer to any of this than Lance will ever be. If anything was happening at the time it was strictly internal.

stormfire

Nov 26, 2018
According to Jeff Grubb From Software is too busy supporting its latest open-world RPG, Elden Ring, with post-launch support that it has little time to actively work on anything related to Bloodborne at the moment.

He also stated that the code used to develop Bloodborne is "problematic" in a way that Sony wouldn't be able to assign a remaster or PC port to any other studio without FromSoftware working on it.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I always thought the technical limitations were bull. I just think Sony doesn't give a shit. They have other more important things they want to port first, and after all that is done, maybe Bloodborne.

Siinova

Oct 29, 2017
I think it's a timing thing with Sony. No doubt when they release it, it will be a big deal and they are likely looking for the perfect window for it.

SunBroDave

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
He also stated that the code used to develop Bloodborne is "problematic" in a way that Sony wouldn't be able to assign a remaster or PC port to any other studio without FromSoftware working on it.
I mean that quote right there is a dead giveaway that this is bullshit. That's not how any of this works. From Software are not some coding gods nor or is it possible for them to write such idiosyncratic code that no other dev could possible decipher it. This sounds like what Grubb does very frequently, which is take a kernel or truth and add some extra personal creative dramatic flavor onto it, like when he said that thing about Eidos, and he thinks "they probably want to do what Cyberpunk couldn't". It's bullshit spin, and you should be able to spot that a mile away.

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
I do think people just need to kind of get over it :P Its fine to want it - I want it - but there are constant threads and posts and everything. The game works fine, we can live without a patch/remaster.

Not every game needs one.

Feb 21, 2022
i played through Bloodborne again last year and man is the framerate/frame timing/chromatic aberration/blur seriously holding it back.

i love the game but it is the very definition of an eyesore.

it is downright criminal that this amazing game has yet to get a full blown remaster. with 4k, fixed frame timings, 144hz support, graphics options so you can turn off some of the post-process effects, etc.

the hell is sony doing

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Edit: Just gonna edit to avoid possible stink later.
I don't think a port is out of the question still, I just have no idea if/when it'll ever come.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I still think that they are saving it for a PS6 launch title, and that version will be released on PC some time after that.

Phokal

Oct 25, 2017
WI
That they didn't release the "ps5" patch 2 years ago with the PS5 launch is a travesty. I've been playing Elden on the xsx because of the initially better performance and VRR support, but this would have been such an easy win for Sony to have the 'best' From game 'running the best it ever has' with the two lines of code fix.

Update: I should clarify, I've also just been waiting for this to jump into it. I wasn't able to play it at release and been itching for even a minimally fixed version ever since. It's been pretty frustrating.

Maple

Oct 27, 2017
A Demon's Souls style top to bottom remake of Bloodborne on PS5 would be incredible.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, that would explain the multiple acquaintances I've seen on Discord claim that they saw the Bloodborne PC port, since if Japan Studio got it running on Windows 7 back in the day, then it probably wouldn't be too much effort to dust off the code and send it to external QA testers to give it a spin.

My current theory is that an edict went out stating that PlayStation Studios won't release a PC port without an accompanying PS5 port for fear of angry fanboys throwing bricks through HQ's windows, hence the existence of the PS5 version of The Last of Us Part 1, and would also explain why the hype train to an immement Bloodborne PC port suddenly disappeared without trace last year.

crimsonECHIDNA

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
The real reason there hasn't been an ppdate patch is so Sony can release the full-priced Remastered Edition and then port that one a year or so to PC after.

TheAggroCraig

This guy are sick of the One Winged Slayer
Nov 6, 2017
My guess is one day Bloodborne Remastered will happen and then they'll port that to PC later, get that triple dip.

SofNascimento

cursed
Oct 28, 2017
São Paulo - Brazil
It's bizarre that we saw the massive success of Elden Ring on PC and also the success of Sony's PC ports. And here's a game that unite both sides of this story... just sitting there.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
They'll inevitably do something with Bloodborne at some point, the real question is if it'll be within the next few years or if it's something we play on the PS7 or whatever.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many devs making exclusives make PC versions just for themselves

dralla

Oct 27, 2017
Elden Ring's huge success shows PC players want more of these types of games. It seems like such an easy decision to bring this to PC and PS5.