• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
He was also pretty unique in that he hit a lot of different demographics and groups because he was prolific across different mediums and very different types of stories. Chances are you've seen or played at least one thing he was in that you really liked.

Thread on gaming side is big too.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
More Guardians are gathering around him and paying tribute at the Tower.

vdSJQlq.jpeg

AJ35G6L.jpeg

Still can't believe this, man.

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019
Holy fuck, he has so much work that isn't even out yet. There are going to be a lot of upcoming in memoriams to get sad all over again for.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I assume most people first saw Lance on The Wire but it was definitely Lost for me.

(Spoilers for season 4.)

What an introduction.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8YFjbAGijY

Totally forgot he was even in it. That would have been my first time watching something with him in then, though him as Daniels in The Wire has been my abiding memory ofc. He even left a notable impression in a very small part in The West Wing. Hell of a career.

Last edited:

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Can't imagine what "natural causes" means, he was in incredible shape and sixty is pretty damn young.

Last edited:

B'z-chan

Oct 27, 2017
This is sad news and he will be missed. He was a commanding talent and super generous human being irl. I will always remember his performances and the man behind them.

It irks me when people miss label deaths in threads. Using "dead" gives no respect or context. This is a "passing," and as such should be labeled so. When someone dies of/from something they have not just merely passed but have "died." Be it from illness or an accident. Same with "murdered," when people have been a victim. And if you're not sure which to label it use "passed" or "deceased," stop sensationalizing death and give respect where/when appropriate.

Kaelan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maryland
Man I'm fucking gutted. We keep losing so much black talent.. this hurts. I loved him in so many shows, and in Destiny

Oct 25, 2017
Damn this headline shocked me. A damned shame. Just a few days ago I was submitting fan questions to him for some interview he was gonna do. He played my favorite character in john wick and I'm looking forward to seeing more of him next week. I guess it might be the last thing I watch him in.

True Prophecy

Oct 28, 2017
What a horrible headline to wake up to. I legit thought I was seeing things.

RIP to a legend. Will miss his presence in everything. Will be bitter sweet with JW and Destiny now for sure.

bwahhhhh

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't imagine what "natural causes" mean, he was in incredible shape and sixty is pretty damn young.

unfortunately sometimes people have congenital defects that are just ticking time bombs. literally in great shape their whole life and just drop dead. had a friend from HS, was in great shape, was out jogging and his heart just stopped, cardiac arrest. not a heart attack, it just... stopped, some electrical signalling thing. turned out he had some congenital heart defect no one ever knew about or discovered, and it caused no issues prior to that. left behind a wife and two young daughters.

Eidan

Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
unfortunately sometimes people have congenital defects that are just ticking time bombs. literally in great shape their whole life and just drop dead. had a friend from HS, was in great shape, was out jogging and his heart just stopped, cardiac arrest. not a heart attack, it just... stopped, some electrical signalling thing. turned out he had some congenital heart defect no one ever knew about or discovered, and it caused no issues prior to that. left behind a wife and two young daughters.
I have a coworker whose good friend had something similar happen. His heart just stopped. He's only alive right now because his girlfriend, who is a nurse, was with him and immediately acted.

Rebel1

Oct 25, 2017
AWWW MAN THIS SUCKS!
I was hoing to see more of his character in the horizon games.... Loved his character wished Sylens had more screen time

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
Yeah latent heart problems are one of the biggest causes of sudden death in healthy people. There are lots of stories of people way younger than Lance was who were fit as a fiddle then suddenly had their heart give out. It's often a genetic thing that is unknown until it's too late. While we don't know cause of death I wouldn't be surprised if it was that sadly.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
This is actually shocking.

One of those presences that truly dominated the screen or audio cast whenever he was there.

Labyrinthe

Mar 12, 2018
Phenomenal actor, only got to discover him in the last 5 years from videogames to recent netflix series/movies.

So sudden!