CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Today I learned in old EU when in hiding Lando dressed as such
2013-01-31_101429_Lando_Drebble.jpg

Got me thinking about when in universe a character steals a look of another pop culture icon that doesn't exist in their's.

Another example is Coonie from Steven Universe in Gohan's training GI.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Not outfits, but The Lion King stole entire looks from Osamu Tezuka's Kimba the White Lion.
75m75q23kgh44ey6eayjpc6elemgomaq_hq.jpg

kimba02.jpg

Anyone who claims that Lion King is based on Hamlet is Hyena food.

retroman

Oct 31, 2017
Bruce Lee's yellow-and-black tracksuit from Game of Death has been copied many times.

4e5fa5869fafe088c2d8e288a733a8bb.jpg

Kill Bill
kill-bill_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

The Last Dragon
The-Last-Dragon-1985-Kung-Fu-Kingdom-770x472.jpg

High Risk
HighRisk+1995-139-b.jpg

Shaolin Soccer
shaolin_soccer_still03_758_426_81_s_c1.jpg

Tekken series
U9kHcWYZkktHpmsWktcnzeUD7zU0asswKJNXnEOGTJehGFAyfiVRKRDkzU4wfQXIKOgxGpfHQ2_Z9__cE-VSYA.jpg

Dead or Alive series
Jann-Lee-wearing-the-famous-Bruce-Lee-track-suit-dead-or-alive-19937998-1920-1080.jpg

Rage of the Dragons
jones-p2.gif

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
He's the guy who you see in the "You are already dead" memes.
No, sorry, that's Ryo Saeba. Easy mistake to make.
I mean, apart from the fact that none of them look that much alike. Also, yeah, it's basically Hamlet.
I'm sure that video's as convincing, and as conclusive as your image comparison.
What is it about this thread that's pulling out the trolls?

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
I mean, Wikipedia talks about it and it was a controversy back in the 90s. The Simpsons joked about it.

Oh, the Simpsons. That's where I go for my hard hitting investigative journalism.

*discrediting evidence without even looking at it*

Oh, look, I watched it, and it's just coincidental occurances of animation, (with the sole exeception of the one with scar killing Simba's dad, and the corresponding scene in kimba.)

0f41da3f6c.png

That doesn't look that similar to me. Plus, one's a storyboard, and thus wasn't in the movie.

fc598c4dc5.png

Storyboard, again. He's in the movie, why didn't they use a shot of him from the movie (possibly because they don't look that similar?) But I mean, who's ever seen a mandrill before Kimba.

e8aac21c15.png

No one's ever put birds in an animated feature before Kimba, I guess?

c18e103d22.png

They don't really look the same. I mean, warthogs are in africa? Are we counting all usages of animals in africa as stolen elements from Kimba? (oh, and now we use a shot from the movie? Okay)

226bd5f447.png

...The only way they could've come up with the idea of showing him walking away from the camera is to have stolen it?

b68da1ccaf.png

Different color, different design....and the kimba one isn't the one who kills kimba's dad, so...um, are we counting the fact that they both have lions as a stolen element? Allright.

f1cc6e2ae0.png

The only way they could've thought to use hyenas in a movie set in africa (where they're indigenous) is to steal it from Kimba. Got it.

0a8b3a92e1.png

Yeah, okay, that's...semi close. I mean, they're kind of different, but eh.

Anyway, I eagerly await you telling me that my mind was made up, and I went into the film looking to find flaws with his arguement, and therefore I didn't give it a fair chance.

Last edited:

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
I already got the joke. Hahaha. I'm laughing.
"Coincidence doesn't happen a third time." -- Tezuka

Street Fighter took a lot of character designs from JoJo.
ff6c80f4950d644788f2dbb0d0372f65495f011ar1-720-335v2_00.jpg

LukeOP

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh, the Simpsons. That's where I go for my hard hitting investigative journalism.

Oh, look, I watched it, and it's just coincidental occurances of animation, (with the sole exeception of the one with scar killing Simba's dad, and the corresponding scene in kimba.)

0f41da3f6c.png

That doesn't look that similar to me. Plus, one's a storyboard, and thus wasn't in the movie.

fc598c4dc5.png

Storyboard, again. He's in the movie, why didn't they use a shot of him from the movie (possibly because they don't look that similar?) But I mean, who's ever seen a mandrill before Kimba.

e8aac21c15.png

c18e103d22.png

They don't really look the same. I mean, warthogs are in africa? Are we counting all usages of animals in africa as stolen elements from Kimba? (oh, and now we use a shot from the movie? Okay)

226bd5f447.png

...The only way they could've come up with the idea of showing him walking away from the camera is to have stolen it?

b68da1ccaf.png

Different color, different design....and the kimba one isn't the one who kills kimba's dad, so...um, are we counting the fact that they both have lions as a stolen element? Allright.

f1cc6e2ae0.png

The only way they could've thought to use hyenas in a movie set in africa (where they're indigenous) is to steal it from Kimba. Got it.

0a8b3a92e1.png

Anyway, I eagerly await you telling me that my mind was made up, and I went into the film looking to find flaws with his arguement, and therefore I didn't give it a fair chance.

Seriously dude? The Lion King is a rip off.

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017
Well of course you weren't convinced, you'd have to admit you were wrong.

Is that how arguments work? If people don't agree with you, it's because they don't want to admit they're wrong, and not because they don't agree with your conclusions? Man, I wish that's how arguments worked for me. It'd be so much easier if I just got to claim victory before I even started arguing.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

0f41da3f6c.png

fc598c4dc5.png

e8aac21c15.png

c18e103d22.png

226bd5f447.png

b68da1ccaf.png

f1cc6e2ae0.png

0a8b3a92e1.png

"Something cannot plagiarise a thing unless it's literally an exact copy of the thing. Also I'm just going to ignore all the other evidence in the video that is far more compelling than some bits I'll cherry pick."

Sandstar

Oct 28, 2017

Yah, and then I watched it, and it turns out I was right. They weren't convincing? What, you think that the ONLY reason I don't find them convincing is because I don't want to admit I was wrong? If that's your premise, we're done here. Toodles.

"Something cannot plagiarise a thing unless it's literally an exact copy of the thing. Also I'm just going to ignore all the other evidence in the video that is far more compelling than some bits I'll cherry pick."

Well, no, I didn't want to have a huge ass post with all the other image comparisons, because I didn't think that would be welcome. But, since you seem to know what I think better than I do, you can continue this conversation without me.

Deleted member 13364

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yah, and then I watched it, and it turns out I was right. They weren't convincing? What, you think that the ONLY reason I don't find them convincing is because I don't want to admit I was wrong? If that's your premise, we're done here. Toodles.

Well, no, I didn't want to have a huge ass post with all the other image comparisons, because I didn't think that would be welcome. But, since you seem to know what I think better than I do, you can continue this conversation without me.
This is some hill you picked to die on, friend.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
It's no use.
Sandstar's either a Disney lawyer or insistent on keeping up the trolling act.

Deedlit from Record of Lodoss War:
12602-1622981024.jpg

The Elf from Capcom's Dungeons of Dragons brawlers:
A76D49A0C8AAEDB8113C0DC79BFD56CB28FAF27E

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Tezuka would've been honored to know a Disney movie took so much inspiration from his work honestly.

Last edited:

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017

0f41da3f6c.png

fc598c4dc5.png

e8aac21c15.png

c18e103d22.png

226bd5f447.png

b68da1ccaf.png

f1cc6e2ae0.png

0a8b3a92e1.png

Wow, I didn't get round to watching the video, but your comparisons convinced me more than anyone else's post that TLK took a lot from Kimba. Cheers man :).

Jan 18, 2018

0f41da3f6c.png

fc598c4dc5.png

e8aac21c15.png

c18e103d22.png

226bd5f447.png

b68da1ccaf.png

f1cc6e2ae0.png

0a8b3a92e1.png

I've never seen someone this deep in denial. I get it though, its hard to see something you love for what it really is.