Ananasas

Jul 11, 2018
People are saying a youtuber is white because the cops let her go yea? Not because she is high or doing a livestream while driving, because people of color do those things

Gr8one

Oct 25, 2017
live streaming and driving sounds like a bad idea let alone combined with getting fucking high. Take her license away.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Yep, knew before I clicked on the thread, just like I knew before I clicked when we saw the recent story about the Air Force member who was shot by the cops.

This show is getting pretty predictable; we might need to hire new writers.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
54329f5e-f8d8-4169-8744-9514152dee82_text.gif

regenhuber

Nov 4, 2017
It does, but only if the police feel like enforcing it. If you're rich, popular or white enough, they may choose just to let you go.

I am a big weed smoker myself and admit that I sometimes smoked a doobie at rest stops on long road trips, there is just sth magical about driving on the autobahn, listening to music. Makes a 6h drive feels like 2hrs tops.

But I never smoked in Berlin city traffic and never got into a car with people who did it.
Not only is it a waste of a good high, it is also fucking dangerous.
Absolutely disgusting that this lady isn't in jail.

If you really must be high in the car, at least pull over and smoke on the side of the road. Takes 5mins.

Bengraven

Powered by Friendship™
Oct 26, 2017
Florida
Outside of the obvious blonde white girl alibi, I wonder if cops in these "celeb" heavy areas see their viewer count and are like "ugh she can probably afford to sue us, these fucking stars always do, and I'm just not in the mood - as long as she hasn't hurt anyone we'll just let her go".

AstralSphere

Feb 10, 2021
Outside of the obvious blonde white girl alibi, I wonder if cops in these "celeb" heavy areas see their viewer count and are like "ugh she can probably afford to sue us, these fucking stars always do, and I'm just not in the mood - as long as she hasn't hurt anyone we'll just let her go".

Well in this case she did hurt someone

Whelp. Hope the victim sues everyone involve, from the perpetrator to the LAPD police department. This shit is absurd to the fullest extent, and she deserves to be in jail like anyone else would and should have been.

People are saying a youtuber is white because the cops let her go yea? Not because she is high or doing a livestream while driving, because people of color do those things

It's the part that she committed a crime like hit n' run under the influence—and while she was on her cellphone—and was let go. People of color can do those things, but when caught by the police, they are far, FAR more unlikely to not get shot get let go with any consequences. At least in the United States anyway.

So by reading the title description, people had a (rightful) hunch that the perpetrator was white.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Well, she evidently did not get arrested, but her claiming that she didn't get a ticket or anything is just something she's claiming. She's also claiming she didn't see the pedestrian because the sun blinded her, while the video is showing her eyes in shadow for the period leading up to the incident.

She obviously should have been arrested, placed in jail, had her car impounded, license suspended etc. As well as her Youtube account. And the cop/department who committed malpractice need to face consequences for endangering the public by letting her go. Hopefully all that is to come.

Icebergslim

Feb 19, 2021
Thats funny I already knew what she looked like before even clicking on the thread. Just a lucky guess I guess.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is only partially related because this person seems dumb as hell to have any reasonable opinions, but something that drove me crazy pre-legalization movement, is how many people who supported legalization completely swept marijuana-related OUI under the rug, or would say things like "Driving while high isn't dangerous, it makes me a better driver." It was so frustrating how common and normal this was in liberal/left-leaning communities.

It is just *so so so* common to see people smoking and driving. Smoking and driving has always been a part of weed culture, it's a tough problem to reverse now.

Question from a non-US poster, does smoking cannabis while driving not covered under your DUI laws?

It's illegal everywhere, but it's harder to test for on the field than alcohol. Alcohol has cheap, easy to use, easy to understand tests... breathalyzer is pretty effective, rarely false positive, and then you've got your standard OUI/DUI tests which are hit or miss (alphabet backwards, walking a straight line, hand to your nose, stuff like you've seen in the movies). But THC tests are more expensive, less reliable, many aren't immediate, and you kinda need to do a blood test to really confirm it, which nobody can do in the field.

Oh I saw a video about her the other day. She does door dash and let her dog shit and piss on the food. And the dog had a huge worm come out of it's butt. it's not safe for life. The worm is bigger than the dog

View: https://youtu.be/dOrsgI7UVDQ?si=7q3nWu8r_y6zd_Eb

I aint watching this but what the actual fuck

Last edited:

Sidewinder

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone recording content while they're behind a wheel should be indefinitely banned regardless of platform. That should be a starting point with all of this.

Please think about all that content, engagement and money these Tubers generate, we can't just banish them because they hit somebody with a car without giving a shit while livestreaming, this is not how capitalism works!

And probably free speech etc.

Katbobo

May 3, 2022
after reading all the info posted about her in this thread: what the fuck. how does someone end up like this, this girl is a complete disaster in so many ways.

HeySeuss

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
It's more likely that the charges will be pending based on the severity of the persons injuries. Those things aren't usually known at the scene and make the difference between a felony and a misdemeanor. The case will go through a grand jury process and she will probably be indicted for more serious crimes. Arresting her on the spot would trigger timelines for court processes that would hinder the investigation.

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

What a weird take, lol. No one is saying POC's do not break the 'laws' or behave badly, it's just that the state reacts in completely differently depending on the color of your skin when you're doing said behavior.

Reason why I put laws in quotes is then it becomes one class overpoliced, the other under; I remember parking my bike outside of a bank, hopping on it and riding ten feet to get to the curb and I got 'pulled' over on the street and given a ticket for riding on a sidewalk, something I see egregiously happen for blocks every day. She just wanted to run my ID, effectively 'stop and frisk'