• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
I live in Italy and today I noticed The Last of Us 2 just disappeared from Amazon.
You can't find it anymore if you search for it. It was available to preorder with the normal and Special Edition, both are gone.

Nov 3, 2017
User banned (1 month): inflammatory and insensitive joke
its release is cancelled in Italy due to how poorly you've handled the virus

poor taste joke

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
I noticed this morning that all preorder items (books and games--probably more) on Amazon UK have all been changed to "currently unavailable". I think Amazon is just playing things safe as they don't know what the supply chain will be like in the next few months. That and they're prioritising stocking their warehouses with essential goods.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

OP
OP
YuSuzzune

YuSuzzune

Nov 21, 2018
Thanks for this. Because being locked in my home from two weeks was not enough.

I noticed this morning that all preorder items (books and games--probably more) on Amazon UK have all been changed to "currently unavailable". I think Amazon is just playing things safe as they don't know what the supply chain will be like in the next few months. That and they're prioritising stocking their warehouses with essential goods.

This is true. In Italy Amazon stated they will give priority to food and first necessity stuff during the quarantine. But I noticed stuff like Persona 5 or RE3 and FFVII could still be preordered.

Ephonk

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Edit: I can see delays coming for several games this year. Even if you work from home, it might still have an impact.

NattyBo

Dec 29, 2017
Washington, DC
Don't quote the troll, just report and move on.

I wouldn't be surprised if games not releasing in the next few weeks get delayed everywhere. How are devs supposed to keep working through this? And Amazon in the US has already said it's streamlining to ship only more essential stuff for the foreseeable future.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
I think Amazon is cancelling pre orders on some games and other entertainment stuff now.

Rowsdower

Prophet of Truth - The Wise Ones
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Canada

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe we should prepare ourselves for another delay?
I won't be surprised to see delays for some of the games in next months. People can't work at studios in some countries because of coronavirus and it can be affect the release of games.

Snarfington

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tbh I wouldn't be shocked if TLOU2 gets straight up delayed because of this, even beyond any delay caused by disruption to work. It just doesn't seem like the time to release a major major game about an outbreak (yeah I know it's caused by fungus) causing society to collapse.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah I could see it getting delayed. Even if they have been able to shift to working from home, not having access to certain hardware, and the upheaval of reorganising, will likely delay their process. Then there is the fact that physical distribution networks have more important things than game discs to worry about shipping internationally.

Doubt it would be a major delay though. Weeks or months.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Cancelling pre-orders is one thing, but it looks like the game doesn't show up on Amazon IT at all anymore.

OneThirtyEight

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Just guessing but maybe it could be:
1. Non-essential goods are not prioritized when it comes to importing. There for no physical version at launch.
2. Seeing how the games is about quarantine zones and a huge outbreak or pandemic, it could be seen as a sensetive topic and will be delayed just for that reason.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I could see the physical version being delayed while the digital version will still be on time. Something kinda similar is happening with FFVIIR if I recall. Definitely weird tho.

Gay Bowser

Oct 30, 2017
Taking into account they are in crunch time and now propably need to work from home ...I see it beeing delayed again.

Yupppp.

It was coming in hot already, and covid-19 is a major disruption in those crucial final weeks.

If we're lucky, it'll only be a month, to GoT's slot. And even that might mean that it launches with a less-than-typical amount of polish for Naughty Dog.