• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Disappointing episode. Mista could have at least gotten some type of victory here instead of just being a tool to make Bucciratti look better than he already was. Maybe it'd be logically justified if perhaps the brother dude had been weakened or took more than just cosmetic damage on his fingers and ligaments. Buccirati made it look easy with that one lone punch. Mista could have easily thrown a punch back in that dining car as well, not play around with his gun at point blank range.

Also the opening animation is one of the few this season that is always nice to actually watch. I love the color and the characters movements with their stands, Narancia's moments especially.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece
Oh man, I am so bad at getting chapter counts correct for how the episodes are going to be paced. I went in thinking this would mostly be Sex Pistols VS Beach Boy, with the old man Prosciutto reveal at the end, but hoo boy did they fly past it. The way things are going, the 3rd Act is gonna be a major fucking trip, they are gonna have so much breathing room for the last 18 episodes, if its a full 3 cour 39 episode show.

chrisPjelly

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Amazing episode! The tension, key shots, animation, voice acting... peak Jojo right here.
The sexual tension this episode was off the charts

unknown.png
lol yeah, wtf was that? I'm sure it was more of a simple pat/hold in the manga. Prosciutto really wants to rub Pesci's neck :P

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I like how Mista
survived 3 bullet wounds to the head... which is consistent with his fear of 4 being unlucky

Oct 27, 2017
MISTAAAAAAAAAAAA NOOOOOOOOO

I'm fucking shook

YO WHAT HE AINT DEAD YET, this man is a fucking god, Bruno about to go all Pedro on us ffs this episode gave me a heart attack that was great

Last edited:

philstorm95

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Loved todas's episode, i think part 5 is slowly becoming my favorite part, and that is pretty funny cause i always heard that it was second to worst only behind part 1.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Loved todas's episode, i think part 5 is slowly becoming my favorite part, and that is pretty funny cause i always heard that it was second to worst only behind part 1.

The manga translation was lifeless but in a way that people thought it was a better job than part 4's duwang (it was extremely worse) so people just made their opinion thinking they got an accurate representation of what this part is about.

Take all the characters from part 5, grossly misrepresent them and remove all the humour, and then mistranslate pretty much every stand ability to make them impossible to understand, and you have the original part 5 translation. The biggest issue is that a lot of people thought it was fine.

The rest are just people getting into some weird fixation like thinking that a jojo part has to be about jojo and nothing else as if the series adhered to some rules in the first place

fertygo

Oct 25, 2017
Even with better translation my issue with P5 is not resolved whatsoever lol

But we have way more to go before can explain that, so I'll just enjoy the ride.. we're in no doubt best stretch in this part afterall

jett

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
This show is too much in the best possible ways.

Mista survived three bullets to the head, like they actually went in lol.

It's unfortunate that some time ago some moron in this thread decided to casually say that

Mista's stand was the most used in the series so I figured he wouldn't die at that point.

Can't some of you people stay in your manga-only thread? Is that too fucking hard?

Last edited:

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
This show is too much in the best possible ways.

Mista survived three bullets to the head, like they actually went in lol.

It's unfortunate that some time ago some UTTER MORON in this thread decided to say that

Mista's stand was the most used in the series so I figured he wouldn't die at that point.

Can't some of you people stay in your manga-only thread? Is that too fucking hard?
I mean I'm a manga reader too and I'm annoyed by those kinds of hints and shit because I love 100% raw reactions to shit. All those kinds of hints make you think too much about the future. Since I read the poorly translated manga so many years ago and mostly forgot a lot of stuff, I kinda feel like I'm watching it again for the first time. Hyping stuff up can get annoying tho. I think many an "anime-only" have fallen victim to this.

Jeeves

Nov 21, 2017
For whatever reason, people can't help themselves with JoJo spoilers. I know they're probably just excited, but they just go "oh if I just make this little hint subtle enough it'll be fine" or "oh if I just say something really general about how the part plays out, that's not actually a spoiler, right?"

I read the manga too but it's like...just don't say anything at all that is in any way informed by information that anime viewers don't have. It's really not a hard rule to stick to.

Amazing episode, by the way! Sticky Fingers is such a fun stand to watch.

Escaflow

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Even without the re-translation , I had Vento Aureo in my top 3 easily with Stardust Crusaders as num1 . I like the Italian/gang settings , the journey , and then the twist/turns so much .

Also anime-only JojoEra , next episode will even top this mark my word .

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
For whatever reason, people can't help themselves with JoJo spoilers. I know they're probably just excited, but they just go "oh if I just make this little hint subtle enough it'll be fine" or "oh if I just say something really general about how the part plays out, that's not actually a spoiler, right?"

I read the manga too but it's like...just don't say anything at all that is in any way informed by information that anime viewers don't have. It's really not a hard rule to stick to.

Amazing episode, by the way! Sticky Fingers is such a fun stand to watch.
Yeah that tends be the case, people get really excited about their favourite moments coming up.

Auron.90

Dec 3, 2017
In case you are interested, Prosciutto calls Pesci "mammoni" (at least in my version of the subs): it's a mistake. The correct word is "mammone", which means "momma boy", a person that prefers to stay with his parents instead of being an independent adult.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
In case you are interested, Prosciutto calls Pesci "mammoni" (at least in my version of the subs): it's a mistake. The correct word is "mammone", which means "momma boy", a person that prefers to stay with his parents instead of being an independent adult.
Yeah which makes since Pesci is kinda a big baby in a lot of his mannerisms

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
DTL I thought you liked Buccellati but not Mista? I do not understand
Aha, I had thought that was off
Yeah, so, as CNTR had given a rundown back then (still miss him very much):

DiU's Duwang translation was translated from Chinese to English, done by a guy who knew Chinese but had limited knowledge of English. The characterization was on point but the grammar was off and a few lines were misconstrued, but it wasn't too much of an issue.

GW's lame translation was also translated from Chinese to English, done by a guy who knew English but had limited knowledge of Chinese. The grammar was on point but the characterization was nonexistent and most lines were misconstrued, and it has left a negative impact on the franchise in the west itself - resulting in many calling JoJo "style over substance" when that couldn't be further from the truth just by understanding how much it itself has influenced for the Shonen demographic (this I argue based on how much of a phenomenon Part V has been pretty much any where else JoJo is consumed, and for the series itself to be received like this among the older niche western JoJo crowd says a lot imho)

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
DTL I thought you liked Buccellati but not Mista? I do not understand

Aha, I had thought that was off
Yeah, so, as CNTR had given a rundown back then (still miss him very much):

DiU's Duwang translation was translated from Chinese to English, done by a guy who knew Chinese but had limited knowledge of English. The characterization was on point but the grammar was off and a few lines were misconstrued, but it wasn't too much of an issue.

GW's lame translation was also translated from Chinese to English, done by a guy who knew English but had limited knowledge of Chinese. The grammar was on point but the characterization was nonexistent and most lines were misconstrued, and it has left a negative impact on the franchise in the west itself - resulting in many calling JoJo "style over substance" when that couldn't be further from the truth just by understanding how much it itself has influenced for the Shonen demographic (this I argue based on how much of a phenomenon Part V has been pretty much any where else JoJo is consumed, and for the series itself to be received like this among the older niche western JoJo crowd says a lot imho)
Please take this last thing I said with a grain of salt - it's mainly just me hypothesizing

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX
I just noticed that the next OP will have an English version according to Amazon. I guess this really is gonna be a regular thing for JoJo going forward, which I suppose is good for Toonami.