Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
Man I really loved these last few episodes with this fight, I really liked that there were 2 enemy stand users. Plus it had Mista and Bucciariti being awesome. I think this might be my favourite stand battle so far, in the whole series.

Kaz Mk II

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Truly one of the best fight arcs of the series.

And part 5 isn't done giving yet. It's still a shame how much Giorno is sidelined in how own part.

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
The finale to the fight was great, but I can't say I'm not just a tad disappointed that they completely cut a few pages out at the end.

In the manga, Sticky Fingers was fast enough to stop Pesci from smashing Coco Jumbo without needing to separate his arm with a zipper, so Pesci responded by retreating into the turtle where he tried to strangle Giorno and the others with Beach Boy's line, which THEN led to Bruno launching Sticky Fingers' arm into the turtle so he could punch Pesci and pull him away like in the anime.
Still nothing compared to the stuff left behind in Part IV

Oct 25, 2017
Le Squadra is way more fucking hardcore than the pussies that Dio sent to kill Jotaro. Illuso continued the fight after losing his hand, Formaggio continued that shit after being set the fuck on fire and fucking Prosciutto is stuck as meat in in the gears of some train wheels. God fucking damn.

Booki

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn
Le Squadra is way more fucking hardcore than the pussies that Dio sent to kill Jotaro. Illuso continued the fight after losing his hand, Formaggio continued that shit after being set the fuck on fire and fucking Prosciutto is stuck as meat in in the gears of some train wheels. God fucking damn.
Do you really wanna see Iggy fight Prosciutto? Because that's how you get random Araki Facts about the dog aging process and how resolve can overcome doggy artrithis.

Oct 25, 2017

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
yeah okay Prosciutto was fuckin crazy but let's talk about Pesci having his neck snapped and strangled and still almost killing the gang

Yagi di Hoshi

Oct 25, 2017
United States
True and while they did cut a fair amount of stuff out - none of which was necessary and kept the fight feeling fast and frantic.
Except for the last part of the Transmission Tower arc where Josuke supposedly learns how Crazy D can directly interact with blood which plays into the scuffle between him and Kira, and then Kira's mathematics within that as well. The latter is a more long-term thing, tho

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Except for the last part of the Transmission Tower arc where Josuke supposedly learns how Crazy D can directly interact with blood which plays into the scuffle between him and Kira, and then Kira's mathematics within that as well. The latter is a more long-term thing, tho
I meant more this fight in particular - also orginally Bruno vs Proscuitto when they are on the train - Bruno let's go of Proscuitto then hits the wire of Beach Boy but that wouldn't make much sense so they decided to have him hang onto Proscuitto

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
Man, that episode... so damn good! Not that I didn't see it before but now I really, really see what all the fuss was about Bruno. Are we sure that there wasn't some mix up and he's actually the Joestar?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Man, that episode... so damn good! Not that I didn't see it before but now I really, really see what all the fuss was about Bruno. Are we sure that there wasn't some mix up and he's actually the Joestar?
The JoJo Wiki considers him the Deuteragonist which makes sense because while Giorno is important for sure but Bruno is also just as important

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
I was curious about how bullshit it was for Bruno to still be alive, let alone functioning properly, for what seemed like three whole minutes. Surprisingly, it turns out to be somewhat legit.

JZ8o8lB.png
I should never have doubted Araki

Greg NYC3

Oct 26, 2017
Miami
The JoJo Wiki considers him the Deuteragonist which makes sense because while Giorno is important for sure but Bruno is also just as important
Giorno has been really subdued compared to what I expected (at least so far) but I really like the fact that he's been mostly along for the ride and content to be in the backseat. It's a very different take on the usual JoJo structure.

Dreamboum

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Giorno is basically a good guy Kira to me. He doesn't stand out too much but he's a calculating son of a gun.

I'm 150% sure he already thought of how to get rid of the gang by exploiting the weakness of all of their stand now that he has seen them in action if it ever come to this. He trusts people but he's not stupid either.

Bruno though, he'd give everything if you ask him and if he deems you trustworthy. The people's champ.

A Wild Shark Appears

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
Not only did Bruno break Pesci's neck, but he sliced him into tiny pieces while also drowning him in a river.

You ain't coming back from that.

Ionic

Oct 31, 2017
Duo stand battles are probably the best thing in Jojo. Araki does crazy stuff when he's just writing for one power, but I absolutely love seeing him put them together like this to open up the crazy even more. Absolutely fantastic series of episodes.

Oct 26, 2017

I really like the overarching theme of having resolve that have been in these fights.
Everyone's putting everything on the line and it makes the enemies as persistent as the heroes.
Nice change of pace from the "enemy today, friend tomorrow" Stand encounters in Part 4.

Xpike

Oct 25, 2017
Wow I thought Trish knew she was a stand user? Glad she will get to do something after all I guess.

Glad this is over at least. Lasted an episode too long.
Trish is literally a girl whose mom just died and suddenly she's in the middle of a gang war between her unknown father's gang and people who want to kill her for no reason other than she is related to someone she doesnt know

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
As it turns out, Part 5 is pretty fucking good.

Are we sure that Bruno isn't actually the protagonist of Part 5?

The two of them kind of share the role. It's an unusual story structure and character dynamic. Bizarre, even.

EDIT: I mean, Bruno's stand even gets a battle-cry! Only the Jojos and Dio are supposed to up until now!

Oct 25, 2017
I really like the overarching theme of having resolve that have been in these fights.
Everyone's putting everything on the line and it makes the enemies as persistent as the heroes.
Nice change of pace from the "enemy today, friend tomorrow" Stand encounters in Part 4.
Bruno's resolve is fucking maximum. Also these guys aren't mooks, you really have to put in some intense work to get the win in, this isn't some Hit vs Vegeta shit.