• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea how anyone could think Crazy Diamond is inconsistent or has multiple powers.

It "fixes" things by returning them to a previous state, and if Josuke is too mad to think clearly or wants to do so, he can fuck with the reversion's accuracy to make it warped (Jotaro's hat, the furniture, later he sorta does this with asphalt during Highway Star) or to make it so two objects being fixed in the same spot will merge into one "reverted" object (Angelo, Enigma boy)

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
Being honest i find it fun to compare Part 4 and 5 because they are the complete opposite of each other even more so then 3 and 4. 5 is arguably the most laser focused JoJo Part (at least of the Stand Era) - the characters and plot are always moving forward and for the most part every fight shows a new character interaction/dynamic or ability. While JoJo Part 4 sometimes has focus - a lot of the time it's more about the daily adventures of these characters. The plot in Part 4 is almost secondary to a point while in Part 5 the plot is always changing or moving foward. Part 5 generally tends to be a lot more serious while Part 4 indulges in it's goofy moments. While i prefer Part 4 i do think Part 5 being the opposite of Part 4 was needed.

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
They were both part of the same body. Come on, at this point it looks like you're just trying to find errors where there are none.

That's exactly the problem, though. The whole reason Crazy D works on Josuke's dried blood is because it's not part of him anymore. You can't use "it's part of his body" as the basic premise of why something works if "it's not part of his body" is directly stated as the reason why it works.

As I said, he beat up Angelo and the rock, and "healed" them both together. Things get fucked up and the result is that.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Healing and making an immortal stone man by mashing a rock and a person together have nothing to do with each other on any level in any sense of any of those words. This is you just making up new definitions of words now. Please treat this discussion of the fictional adventures of flamboyant, emotional, voguing young men with a suitable level of gravitas.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Now you're just being ridiculous. Healing and making an immortal stone man by mashing a rock and a person together have nothing to do with each other on any level in any sense of any of those words
That's literally what the story says he did. He broke both Angelo and the rock at once, and then "fixed" them at once, and being fixed in the same spot caused them to "fix into" one object.

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
That's exactly the problem, though. The whole reason Crazy D works on Josuke's dried blood is because it's not part of him anymore. You can't use "it's part of his body" as the basic premise of why something works if "it's not part of his body" is directly stated as the reason why it works.

Now you're just being ridiculous. Healing and making an immortal stone man by mashing a rock and a person together have nothing to do with each other on any level in any sense of any of those words. This is you just making up new definitions of words now. Please treat this discussion of the fictional adventures of flamboyant, emotional, voguing young men with a suitable level of gravitas.
He broke the rock with angelo above it, then rebuilt the rock around his body, since two bodies can't normally occupy the same space they fused together, imagine the rocks atoms going back to their place with angelo's atoms still there, it's like they got weaved together and that's why he can't die

Josuke can fix things but he can half fix things too, he just have to stop rewinding midway, or rewind parts of it, by returning both to their original state but while they are in the same space, they fuse

Tunahead

Oct 30, 2017
Look, all I'm saying is the next time you complain about Gold Experience being able to do absolutely anything, please remember that Araki once claimed that jamming a rock and a dude together into an undying stone man counts as healing and you all unanimously agreed that this makes perfect sense. You hung this albatross around your own necks.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Look, all I'm saying is the next time you complain about Gold Experience being able to do absolutely anything, please remember that Araki once claimed that jamming a rock and a dude together into an undying stone man counts as healing and you all unanimously agreed that this makes perfect sense. You hung this albatross around your own necks.
I never complained about Gold Experience, but the Angelo thing does make perfect sense, and has never not made sense.

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I think both are really fun and creative!

Though GE has some pretty nebulous rules sometimes. A dismembered hand is lifeless and can turn into a piranha, but then he can give life to a brooch and turn it into another hand? I can understand why people can be confused

But as I said, this happens at one point or another with pretty much every stand so whatever
Well i think the implication is that when gold experience creates disembodied parts, they're being sustained by the life force he gives them, as if they were connected to their necessary parts. If left alone too long they will of course die, but once integrated into a body they were specifically designed to fit, they naturally assimilate. In cases where giorno set something to become a part but is unconscious, it appears to continue the process but at a less accelerated speed, which is why people have time to put it in play before the life energy tapers off.

Porl

Nov 6, 2017
Well i think the implication is that when gold experience creates disembodied parts, they're being sustained by the life force he gives them, as if they were connected to their necessary parts. If left alone too long they will of course die, but once integrated into a body they were specifically designed to fit, they naturally assimilate. In cases where giorno set something to become a part but is unconscious, it appears to continue the process but at a less accelerated speed, which is why people have time to put it in play before the life energy tapers off.
good enough for me

pirata

Oct 25, 2017
5ca.jpg

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I accept both and they're awesome, you won't last long in jojo if you can't accept stuff like this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh, this is a nice explanation for the parts not going back to become stuff

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I have been wanting to learn the lyrics. Good to know it is possible -- even if it's hard. Sono Chi No Sadame! (That your blood's destiny!)
Tbh I know some japanese, so it's easy to keep up with that while on karaoke and stuff, there are far harder jojo ops in that regard... But mimicking the sounds isn't hard if you get a good romanji transcription, luckly the wiki has all versions for study:
(not mobile friendly at all though =( )

The real problem is hitting the notes and holding the Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojos

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I've always seen it as: if you enjoy JoJo your willing suspension of disbelief must be turned to the maximum.

And I fucking love jojo

Deleted member 19782

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Tbh I know some japanese, so it's easy to keep up with that while on karaoke and stuff, there are far harder jojo ops in that regard... But mimicking the sounds isn't hard if you get a good romanji transcription, luckly the wiki has all versions for study:
(not mobile friendly at all though =( )

The real problem is hitting the notes and holding the Joooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooojos

その血の運命さだめ~ ジョジョ !

Thank you for the link. I'll be sure to take a look at it -- for the first opening and for End of the World as well!

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I wished i had more friends around to sing end of the world, that song is a bitch to sing alone, it's a 3 voice one >_>:
One representing each jojo so far, using the singers from Chi no sadame, Bloody stream and Stand proud lol

roughly this

Calvarok

Oct 26, 2017
Ive always liked the thing of "future written in his blood" as a stand-in for the chorus in english versions

Oct 27, 2017
Me and my girlfriend always tried when we were watching it but our weeb powers are too weak and we'd stuff up and fall behind pretty quick

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I could sing with you once I learn the lyrics =)
Kinda hard to arrange but I appreciate the feeling! :D
Me and my girlfriend always tried when we were watching it but our weeb powers are too weak and we'd stuff up and fall behind pretty quick
Man, when I tried singing Chi no Sadame a friend said he was going to help me with the "JOOOOOOOOOOOOOJO"s but I think my weeb energy at the first one was so strong I scared him out of it D:

...At least I nailed the notes, my biggest fear was ruining it... had no voice afterwards though.

Honestly, all you need is to find a nice and noisy karaoke place with separate booths so you don't have to worry about people watching you sing it, the place being loud is important cause you can't sing JoJo openings while worrying about neighbors complaining...Trying to sing them quietly is a sure way to not keep up with them =/

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017

Ya know, it makes me kinda sad when pepole hate on Polneraff - i mean he's the best, he's one of the charcters that i think represents JoJo the best - from it's goofy to its serious moments

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I just hate cliff-hangers mostly and every episode or other is a cliff-hanger in Jojo usually. I was watching in chunks until recently but I'm watching it live now, really like where it's going now.
This is a good time to watch live, as the endgame approaches the cliffhangers at least have more story to expect from... It's different than waitin a week on a fight like little feat or kraftwerk that feel more monster of the weekish lol

Ya know, it makes me kinda sad when pepole hate on Polneraff - i mean he's the best, he's one of the charcters that i think represents JoJo the best - from it's goofy to its serious moments

I'm surprised how many people remember him fondly tbh, i was expecting way less people to do so

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
This is a good time to watch live, as the endgame approaches the cliffhangers at least have more story to expect from... It's different than waitin a week on a fight like little feat or kraftwerk that feel more monster of the weekish lol

I'm surprised how many people remember him fondly tbh, i was expecting way less people to do so
I would make an argument that he's the most liked Part 3 charcter besides Dio or Joseph maybe

Komii

Oct 26, 2017
I would make an argument that he's the most liked Part 3 charcter besides Dio or Joseph maybe
Well you see, I'm an Avdol fan

Yeap. :(

But besides that i'm mostly neutral torwards Polnaleff, dude had a grudge and couldn't let go of it until people got "killed" over his mistakes and then, having a chance to redeem himself he stull had to see two of his friends sacrificing themselves on a fight he survived, as if he needed any more survivor's guilt after that prank the team played on him... lol

Idk if he's the 3rd most popular but his character arc did overshadow Jotaro's more than once during SDC

Yonafunu

Oct 26, 2017
Boss uses epitaph and forecasts all of his opponents actions 10 seconds into the future. Then activates king crimson to erase these forecasted 10 seconds which means any action his opponent was supposed to take in that time is erased from existence. Everyone just suddenly teleports to the position they were supposed to be in 10 seconds into the future. Someone who was about to climb a stair suddenly teleports to the top of the stairs. The bullets that were supposed to pierce the boss and then hit risotto suddenly teleport inside risotto without ever going through the boss.

what about the cat tho