• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I've said this a few times now, but I really can't stand the hair on the main GioGio.

It looks like he has beehives on his head. I honesty feel a little quesy looking at it.
Nah, it's Donuts

donut_hair_by_vimyo-dbckr7y.png

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
Part 5 is impossible to spoil because I can outline numerous things that happen and no one will believe them

This is not an invitation to try that in this thread, so don't.

Anyway the best part in Part 5 is when Joseph shows up and he's suddenly younger and all he does is cheat on his wife for 15 straight chapters, creating enough future JoJo's for 20 parts.

Unsure if spoiler or not.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
For the new page From OP
NO MANGA SPOILERS

IF YOU WANT TO POST MANGA RELATED MATERIAL OR TALK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD, MAKE SURE IT IS SHOWN UP UNTIL THE LATEST AIRED EPISODE, ANYTHING AFTER IT (INCLUDING PARTS 6, 7 AND 8) IS A NO GO

PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW ERA MEMBERS WHO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME ONLY

Gotta say it again, because the Jojo community is really bad about this shit.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I held off on reading the new translation of the manga so that I remember as little as possible for the anime. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more now that the English will be coherent. So this won't have a break at all just like Part 4?

TheGamingNewsGuy

One Winged Slayer
Nov 5, 2017
I held off on reading the new translation of the manga so that I remember as little as possible for the anime. I'm sure I'll enjoy it more now that the English will be coherent. So this won't have a break at all just like Part 4?
We don't know if there will be a break - i mean it's very possible it won't but i hope there is some level of break

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
I read the terribad translations years ago so I'm excited to watch what might be the best version of this story. I wish I was one of the anime only people for this because a JoJo part is something that can't really be replicated after seeing it once.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Someone figured out what time will JoJo Part 5 come out:

Europe

UK (BST/GMT+1): -8 hours; Friday, October 5, 5:05pm
Central Europe (CEST/GMT+2): -7 hours: Friday, October 5, 6:05pm

Americas & Canada

Eastern (EDT/GMT-4): -13 hours: Friday, October 5, 12:05pm
Central (CDT/GMT-5): -14 hours: Friday, October 5, 11:05am
Mountain (MDT/GMT-6): -15 hours: Friday, October 5, 10:05am
Pacific (PDT/GMT-7): -16 hours: Friday, October 5, 9:05am
S&E South America & E Canada (GMT-3): -12 hours: Friday, October 5, 1:05pm

Australia

Western (AWST/GMT+8): -1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 12:05am
Central (ACST/GMT+9.5): +0.5 hour: Saturday, October 6, 1:35am
Eastern (AEST/GMT+10): +1 hour: Saturday, October 6, 2:05am

However, Crunchyroll's Simulcast may be an hour later
Thanks
Can't wait to see this!

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't agree on the spoiler tag rules at all but whatever, still just excited for jojo !!!!!

tenor.gif

big fans though I recommending reading the manga it's so good

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I'm here to ask whether or not Stands get anymore batshit insane than Part 4. Please say yes.
Stands are definitely crazier than Part 4 which felt a lot more grounded. Part 6 stands however are batshit insane, especially the later ones. You gotta wonder what Araki was on when coming up with the ideas for these stands.

AgentLampshade

Sweet Commander
Oct 25, 2017

MaitreWakou

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
May 15, 2018
Toulouse, France
Part 5 and 6 are the only parts I'm not really a fan of. Too much combats. Combats in part 5 are good ! But I remember that all those fights just gave me headaches, really. But I think it will be easier to follow in anime, I'm excited ! Also, it was 5 years ago when I read this arc, I forgot most of it.
Great cast anyway, I remember loving Giogio.

Ranmo

Oct 26, 2017
I am so ready for this. Nothing like getting off work for the weekend and watching some JoJo to unwind.

Ragnarsson

Oct 27, 2017
Lisbon, Portugal
I tried watching the first few episodes of Part 1, and sorry because this is probably off-topic, but do people actually think this is a good show, or it's just so bonkers and over the top that people just go with the flow? Does this get better/good? Because so far it's just melodrama taken to the extreme, and I can't handle all this exposition.

I swear I'm not trying to troll anyone, it's just that I badly wanna like it due to the aesthetics of the whole thing, but it hasn't clicked yet.

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why does JoJo get censored to hell but Attack on Titan(for instance) doesn't at all? Is it the broadcaster, time slot, or to boost physical release sales? Is there any chance in hell this season won't be censored(change in any of the above reasons?)?

Oct 25, 2017
For the new page From OP
NO MANGA SPOILERS

IF YOU WANT TO POST MANGA RELATED MATERIAL OR TALK ABOUT IT IN THIS THREAD, MAKE SURE IT IS SHOWN UP UNTIL THE LATEST AIRED EPISODE, ANYTHING AFTER IT (INCLUDING PARTS 6, 7 AND 8) IS A NO GO

PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF YOUR FELLOW ERA MEMBERS WHO FOLLOW THE SERIES VIA THE ANIME ONLY

Gotta say it again, because the Jojo community is really bad about this shit.

It's kind of a problem with all anime fans in general

Sibersk Esto

Changed the hierarchy of thread titles
Oct 25, 2017
I tried watching the first few episodes of Part 1, and sorry because this is probably off-topic, but do people actually think this is a good show, or it's just so bonkers and over the top that people just go with the flow? Does this get better/good? Because so far it's just melodrama taken to the extreme, and I can't handle all this exposition.

I swear I'm not trying to troll anyone, it's just that I badly wanna like it due to the aesthetics of the whole thing, but it hasn't clicked yet.
Yes, it gets better.
Why does JoJo get censored to hell but Attack on Titan(for instance) doesn't at all? Is it the broadcaster, time slot, or to boost physical release sales? Is there any chance in hell this season won't be censored(change in any of the above reasons?)?
I believe it's related to timeslot standards.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

It'll be censored, a lot, there'll be no way around some of it.

None of it should be Jotaro-smoking-a-cigarette-bad though.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017

Part 1 is charming though fairly simple compared to the rest, but it really was the beginning. Almost an "establishing" part, basically. It sets the plot in motion for the rest of the series to shine. I do love Jonathan though, and Dio is always great.

But yes, it is bonkers and over-the-top, and maybe even... bizarre. :P Just roll with it. Also make sure you are watching the subbed version.

Matsukaze

Oct 25, 2017

Parts 1 and 2 (Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency) are distinctly birds of a different feather than Parts 3 and beyond. Part 1 is by no means indicative of the rest of the series, and yes, Araki's technique as a storyteller does improve greatly (though this is not to say he is flawless by any means).

TheIlliterati

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

People certainly do like it legitimately, but its not a show to take seriously. I like it for the insane character designs, bizarre powers and it's an over the top show. The first half of season one is mundane in comparison to how it proceeds.

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why but I thought it was happening tonight and when I found out it wasn't, not gonna lie, my whole day was ruined. Part 5 has some of my favorite moments and I'm hoping it'll be gay enough to get my friends to care but I doubt it.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm here to ask whether or not Stands get anymore batshit insane than Part 4. Please say yes.

J7VUwJm.gif

You're about to reach the beginning of peak stando bullshit. Get ready, it's a rollercoaster! :D

Part 1 is by far the worst part. It gets way better starting at part 2. Part 3 takes what part 2 does and makes it twice as good, 4 makes it even better then part 5 is when I basically realised that I could never probably like a series as much as this again. Then part 6 happened and basically you know the Vince McMahon gif wiith the macho man? Yeah that was me.

Also, thread title is so easy, just search Jojo. That's the only part that matters in general.