pHk99lt.png

tIyVWk8.jpg

oAcanvE.png

4Su3emm.png

mrqlMHB.png

ETE7nEA.png

FAQ:

When's Worlds?
- Play-In Stage W1: September 23-26 at 1:00 PM China Standard Time (CST)
- Play-In Stage W2: September 28-29 at 11:00 AM CST
- Group stage W1: October 5-8 at 3:00 PM CST
- Group stage W2: October 12-15 at 12:00 PM CST
- Quarterfinals: October 19-20 at 4:00 PM CST and October 21 at 11:00 AM CST
- Semifinals: October 28-29 at 4:00 PM CST
- Finals: November 4 at 3:30 PM CST

Where do I buy tickets?
- https://en.damai.cn/event/tickets_130170/
Which stream should I watch?
- You should MOST DEFINITELY not use Riot's terrible esports site that barely works and half the times forget you were in spoilerfree mode. Use twitch or youtube

These games are all at like 4 in the morning, wtf should I do?
- Again, don't use Riot's sucky site, go to the lolevent vods subreddit, they organize everything very neatly, keep shit 100% spoilerfree and upload vods super quick

I hear we now doto??
- 25% of the sales of Championship Ashe and the Championship ward will go toward raising the prizepool. Also something about icons, I think you can give tsm your money that way idk...

Base prizepool is $2.25 million, after that money is split like so:
  • World Champion: 37.5% of prize pool
  • 2nd place: 13.5%
  • 3rd/4th place: 7%
  • 5th-8th place: 4%
  • 9th-12th place: 2.25%
  • 13th-16th place: 1.25%
  • 17th-20th place: 0.75%
  • 21st-24th place: 0.50%
I hear we now overwatch??
- There's might be an event where you can unlock loot chests so you can finally acquire your third copy of Vandal Brand but nothing confirmed yet

Links:
-Schedule
-VODS
-Official League OT Discord
-League of Legends OT
//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Credit to Zkylon and Newt for OP

edit: nice apparently the formatting live is different from previews. hang on trying to fix it.

edit 2: about as good as it's gonna get I guess.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
i cant fix the formatting on the stream links because for some reason they add spaces between links. kill me

Newt

Oct 25, 2017
Competitive LoL does a good job of showing me how minorities must feel when watching movies and tv. "I have nothing against these guys, but can I see a white person in the finals just once?"
NA and EU are just way too behind in terms of strategy, specifically in their drafting. That being said, both NA and EU were extremely close in making it to the semis with C9 and MSF.

Undivided

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
NA and EU are just way too behind in terms of strategy, specifically in their drafting. That being said, both NA and EU were extremely close in making it to the semis with C9 and MSF.
The problem seems to me to be that Koreans and asians in general are REALLY REALLY good at RTS games, and that skill carries over incredibly easy to LoL. The NA/EU strategies are legitiamte strategies, but they just aren't that good on sheer skill. remember that the world's after Aatrox was released, the Koreans laughed their asses off because the opposing team picked him. And for those first two games, they got annihilated. By korean standard, Aatrox was a literal joke of a champion, and didn't fit anywhere in the meta. They had never played against him in any real capacity, and got destroyed for a few games because of it/ But they learned how to play against it, and in the end won because they know how to be mechanically good at the game. I mean, name a player anywhere close to how good Faker is. Those players just don't even exist in the western countries.

OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
If Western teams want to compete with Eastern teams, then they need to work long and hard on the very nebulous and difficult to nail-down parts of League that have plagued Western teams in non-CS/DOTA ever since the start of E-Sports. I think there's really no mechanical difference between teams anymore, but you can clearly see how much better the teams in Korea are in drafting, prioritizing objectives and their general teamfight decision making, which isn't something that you can just scrim and improve in.

Mzril

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Korean teams in particular always seem to heavily respect the shotcaller and gameplan showing absolutely 0 hesitation in their map coordination.

zkylon

Oct 25, 2017
i think the biggest problem with western teams is adaptation, mentality and decisiveness in execution (so just about everything haha). drafts are sometimes bad, but it's not the only reason teams lost specially considering it's bo5 and on many games western teams got good drafts

and tbh i'd bundle china in here too, at least in their past record

koreans are just really good at drafting and playing towards their win conditions, and they don't tilt and have really clear shotcalling. it's not necessarily 100% perfect but they're really good at playing as a team and looking at the big picture

i feel like western teams can really easily go on tilt or be undecisive and that's really exploitable by better teams

cHinzo

Oct 27, 2017
After watching the quarters, I got the feeling it's all gonna be SKT again. -_- Please prove me wrong, Chinese teams!

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
I kinda want SKT to win again. I'm on the "SKT domination dynasty or Western Underdog Upset" camp. Which I just invented.
Another asian team winning is like "ehh" at this point.

Tsuyu

Oct 25, 2017
The great China vs Korea semi-finals war has begun.

On China hometurf, can the Koreans make it a 5 out 7 World Champions?

OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
Well everything is in the cards for an RNG victory. SKT's bot lane has been playing unusually poorly while RNG has one of the best in the world playing at their peak. SKT have also been struggling with their early game, which is also one of RNG's strengths. If they can't beat them here, then I don't think any non Korean team will ever win an international premier tournament ever again.

Acquila

Oct 26, 2017
All image links are broken for me. Just a bunch of image tags.

Last edited:

R.T Straker

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping somehow RNG will beat SKT today.

I'm so sick of them.

Watching SSG vs SKT again will end up exactly the same as the last year.

MortosDer

Oct 27, 2017
Wut? Only Korean teams have won Worlds since S3. A Chinese win would be huge.
Taking that into consideration, you're right. I don't follow the Chinese scene that much so it's not as big for me. Samsung winnig it's "ehh" because, they won already and for some irrational reason I find them to be the least interesting Korean team ever. (I can't give you reasons really, I just feel that way. When I think of Samsung I go "meh" in my mind)
So, teams I don't really follow winning or SKT building their legacy even further? In my mind SKT winning it's bigger. So... that's the reasoning. Pretty much, yeah.
If KT were around tho... Back to the good old BW days.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Looking forward to this... really hoping the a team can finally take down the Korean juggernauts.

clemenx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Venezuela
If SKT wins I hope Riot comes up with the most bullshit excuse to not make them more skins. Put up a badge on their existing skins or something.

Partially because I don't see what else they can do and also for the Reddit meltdowns.

Deleted member 1041

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well everything is in the cards for an RNG victory. SKT's bot lane has been playing unusually poorly while RNG has one of the best in the world playing at their peak. SKT have also been struggling with their early game, which is also one of RNG's strengths. If they can't beat them here, then I don't think any non Korean team will ever win an international premier tournament ever again.

They do appear if you hit reply? Like if you press reply on the post, THEN they appear.

edit:
Yup the the site is https'ing everything including imgur links. Which is not supposed to happen since imgur images don't work on https.

OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
Sorry for the image problems. Apparently https affects images differently from http. who knew ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Ever

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
PoBDDbO.png

Can anyone catch the champ? IDK, but there are plenty of challengers, for sure.

Jobias

Oct 26, 2017
San Diego
I like SKT as much as the next guy, but I'm hoping for an RNG upset tonight or a WE upset tomorrow. WE would be best, as the upstart 3rd place LPL team vs the defending world champions in the finals would make for the most hype matchup.

I really just want to see China vs Korea in the finals so that there can finally be a host country that plays in their finals other than Korea.

OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think WE has what it takes to beat SSG. Their series vs C9 showed a lot of inflexibility and honestly I thought that the incompetence of C9s execution on their good drafts and their terrible Game 5 draft let them go to semifinals.

OP
OP
Janna OP

Janna OP

Oct 25, 2017
yea like i predicted wolf played like ass. he missed too many hooks during those teamfights and even heroic plays from fakers galio couldnt really do much for their comp if wolf cant hook uzi.