Status
Not open for further replies.

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018
This isn't a game that needs a long media cycle. Just announce and drop it. There will be more to see later when they're ready to show you before release.

Those "simple official previews" take time to come together and take time away from production. Which is why maybe God of War Ragnarok has only one trailer: doesn't mean it won't be awesome.
Yeah, yeah, you're right. A tiny struggling nobody studio like ND probably doesn't have the resources to throw together a 5 min video that shows some examples of the updated gameplay in their new game that they're releasing five or six weeks from now. How insane it would have been to have that video ready on the day of the official announcement. It would be a waste to do a looooong marketing cycle like that for this game, what was I thinking? Better to just keep everyone in the dark as long as possible.

Last edited:

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, yeah, you're right. A tiny struggling nobody studio like ND probably doesn't have the resources to throw together a >5 min video that shows some examples of the updated gameplay in their new game that they're releasing five or six weeks from now. How insane it would have been to have that video ready on the day of the official announcement. It would be a waste to do a looooong marketing cycle like that for this game, what was I thinking? Better to just keep everyone in the dark as long as possible.

Sounds like you just can't wait until they show you more. Just wait lol

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Why would there be multiplayer when they are making factions? How far do you want the scope the to go for a game that shouldn't exist in the first place?
I don't see the connection... What has that to do with the marketing, the game or the value for money of the offering?

Those "simple official previews" take time to come together and take time away from production. Which is why maybe God of War Ragnarok has only one trailer: doesn't mean it won't be awesome.
GoW Ragnarok is a game in development as we speak and the developers would need to spend time and money to create a vertical slice for a gameplay demo.

TLOU Part 1 is a game that's in the day1 patch phase and the project is gold. ND wouldn't need to do a vertical slice to show it. The game is done (for all intents and purposes). The comparison just doesn't work.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, yeah, you're right. A tiny struggling nobody studio like ND probably doesn't have the resources to throw together a 5 min video that shows some examples of the updated gameplay in their new game that they're releasing five or six weeks from now. How insane it would have been to have that video ready on the day of the official announcement. It would be a waste to do a looooong marketing cycle like that for this game, what was I thinking? Better to just keep everyone in the dark as long as possible.
I mean.. you'll get the footage prior to release. Why does it matter?

I'd rather the game go gold, they finish just about everything, and then show us the best representation of the game they can put together. And fortunately that seems to be what we are getting :)

Last edited:

Rotimi

Dec 25, 2017
Jos , Nigeria
The double standard on display here is crazy. Would love to see the same energy for EA . Who hasn't shown gameplay for a game launching in two months. Has controversies on the gameplay mechanics that they are silent.
I would love to see people just come into the thread and just whine that a thread negatively criticizing EA is stupid or
The funniest one is "why are you discussing leaks in a leak discussion thread ? Just wait for the official one" then why are you in the freaking thread.
The last one is ooh you are making the devs feel bad when you criticize them. like WTF, when you shit talk companies like EA and Ubisoft on this site it seems the devs are forgotten.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great to me. I agree that the price tag is pretty crazy but let's see what actual gameplay changes are there.

VanDoughnut

Oct 30, 2017
I don't see the connection... What has that to do with the marketing, the game or the value for money of the offering?

GoW Ragnarok is a game in development as we speak and the developers would need to spend time and money to create a vertical slice for a gameplay demo.

TLOU Part 1 is a game that's in the day1 patch phase and the project is gold. ND wouldn't need to do a vertical slice to show it. The game is done (for all intents and purposes). The comparison just doesn't work.

Seriously maybe they're working on it. Lol give it a second. We'll get another look at the game.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
The double standard on display here is crazy. Would love to see the same energy for EA . Who hasn't shown gameplay for a game launching in two months. Has controversies on the gameplay mechanics that they are silent.
I would love to see people just come into the thread and just whine that a thread negatively criticizing EA is stupid or
The funniest one is "why are you discussing leaks in a leak discussion thread ? Just wait for the official one" then why are you in the freaking thread.
The last one is ooh you are making the devs feel bad when you criticize them. like WTF, when you shit talk companies like EA and Ubisoft on this site it seems the devs are forgotten.
Why are you acting like the general gaming community doesn't continually (rightfully) shit on Ubisoft, EA, Activision, Take Two for all their anti consumer shit… if anything I don't see enough of this energy towards platform holders that we should.

Oct 30, 2017
EA could do the exact same thing for their Dead Space Remake and I couldn't care less. I know that pre-release I'll see enough of the game to make an informed decision about the purchase.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yeh, more overblown anger and disregard for developers is definitely what the gaming community needs.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Looks great to me. I agree that the price tag is pretty crazy but let's see what actual gameplay changes are there.
I'll definitely play the game at some point, because TLoU was a unbelievable experience and I rarely had a game that hooked me as much. Now it all depends on the official gameplay to convince me to get the remake sooner rather than later. If I am not impress, then I'll wait for a price drop and perhaps during the wait the game gets added to PS+.

Seriously maybe they're working on it. Lol give it a second. We'll get another look at the game.
ND will surely show the gameplay at some stage. My point was that your Ragnarok comparison doesn't work though. As you rightfully said gameplay demos take production time away and imo that's why those are rare, especially during covid. However TLOU1 production is finished, bar the common Day1 patch these days.

Oct 30, 2017
I mean, it seems kinda like bad marketing strategy to let the "THEY DIDNT UPDATE THE GAMEPLAY AT ALL THEY BARELY IMPROVED THE GRAPHICS FUCK THIS CASH GRAB" crowd have the room for this long.
I don't think it really matters. Consumer brain is short. They can dispel it instantly if there's significant changes. Or they can just validate it and there's not much they can do.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Or you know, a little perspective can help and we can just be chill all around. It's still just games at the end of the day and the worst part would be canceling your preorder.

I'm definitely a bit surprised how many people value preordering, I always thought the gamer mantra was "don't preorder no matter what" .

Deleted member 95442

User-requested account closure
Banned
Apr 26, 2021
It's polished/refined up, just no Ellie moves like prone, squeeze, dodge tho sadly.

I am fine with that. If levels were not redesigned changing all those would not have been right.
Personally, I am seeing this as ND PS3 design philosophy modernized, in contrast to TLOU2 which had an evolved philosophy. I am sure Part III will bring in yet another gameplay style and in the end we will have three different style games for the same series. Throw in Factions which is bound to have something different too being multiplayer.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Not gonna lie I expected level redesigns and part 2 movement improvements. As it stands now it will be a prettier game sure, but I can wait till it is cheap like I would have anyway. Plus no ps5 yet. 😅

Vidpixel

Oct 27, 2017
I get not having prone due to the level design of the original, but not having even a dodge button kinda hurts.

arne

Vice President at Naughty Dog
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA

Druffmaul

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account.
Banned
Oct 24, 2018

PJV3

Oct 25, 2017
London

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017

LV-426

Oct 29, 2017
Well, we just dropped a nice long video we've been working on for a while that goes a bit more in depth on a lot of questions you all have. Enjoy!
www.youtube.com

The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Deep dive into interviews with the Game Directors of The Last of Us Part I and how the team went in and rebuilt the beloved game from the ground up. From Dua...

Yoooo, thank you cannot wait for this! Will play this before my PS5 replay for part 2.

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022

Kevin360

OG Direct OP
Oct 25, 2017
Well, we just dropped a nice long video we've been working on for a while that goes a bit more in depth on a lot of questions you all have. Enjoy!
www.youtube.com

The Last of Us Part I Rebuilt for PS5 - Features and Gameplay Trailer | PS5 Games

Deep dive into interviews with the Game Directors of The Last of Us Part I and how the team went in and rebuilt the beloved game from the ground up. From Dua...
Amazing.

Not even gonna ask about the timing!

Leaks are frustrating all around.

saforia

Apr 19, 2019
UK

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
www.youtube.com

Thanks for the video and link. Will watch soon.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the video proved that all of the most pessimistic predictions were right on the money. Incredible.

Poimandres

Oct 26, 2017
Someone still want to tell me this thread wasn't toxic?

It was (and will likely remain so).

But, if the video released today had come out before the leaks would people have been satisfied with the upgrades? I think the answer is no... many would still be disappointed there aren't any meaningful changes/upgrades (extra moves etc).

The thread is certainly a wild ride, but those first pages have plenty calling BS on the "no gameplay changes" claim. But... well... it's not entirely inaccurate.

Status
Not open for further replies.