• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
I'm looking forward to when Bowser escapes and they have to send in a heavily armed response unit to take it down, only for the scientist who genetically modified it to find out that they put velociraptor DNA in there and it can turn invisible.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The rumor is that the 3D Land lookout binoculars are going to be used for AR tech to show additional characters and elements in the land. Would be cool if this creates an effect of Mario running and jumping through the land like in the concept trailer for Japan.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Prolly won't make it to Japan but I'll definitely be visiting Hollywood in 2021 if Mario Kart lives up to the hype. Gonna be going constantly when it opens in Orlando.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Visiting Japan next year would be the ultimate 3-week trip.

Shop and eat at Tokyo, watch the Olympics events, and finish it off visiting Nintendo World.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Sounds like what I expected. Hopefully the Zelda-themed refresh of Lost Continent (in IoA) is also happening.

Also we seriously need some form of Pokémon content in this place.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Im going big, waiting 2023 for the orlando version, and taking a month vacation for visitng every theme park there for the first time. Im also a big Harry Potter fan, so seeing both universal harry potter lands is going to be great (or three if you count fantastic beasts at the new park).

I really hope that the Alicia Stella rumour of them working on a smash bros show for orlando turns to be ture for 2023. The only thing tthat im not a big fan of Super Nintendo World is that the inital area is only mario and DK. A smash bros show that os basically Nintendo's fantasmic would fix that for me.

Yup! Very similar to what Efteling has.

Efteling is my favourite park with original disneyland. So freaking gret.

I think it's deceptively small. It's going to be on two walkable levels which is pretty rare for a theme park land.

Its a joke from zoolander, about the photos being a model and not the real thing lol
I suppose we thought you were continuing the joke with the "what" hahaha

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Okay seriously though, I'm hoping we get SOME sort of Zelda representation in this world. I know the series doesn't loan itself well to a ride, but given how acclaimed the franchise is, it deserves something. I'd even take walk-around characters.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT

Ok I gotta help you out here

Okay seriously though, I'm hoping we get SOME sort of Zelda representation in this world. I know the series doesn't loan itself well to a ride, but given how acclaimed the franchise is, it deserves something. I'd even take walk-around characters.

Like with Potter there's going to be phases, I expect Zelda to show up. Pokemon will be "harder" to get as they need to work with more stake holders but if SNW is great then I can see Nintendo convincing the others.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a controversial take, but I really hope Pokemon doesn't take the future expansion pad next to Mario in Epic Universe. (Of course I'd love it in USF or IoA, or even in another piece of land at EU)

I always felt like Zelda would be the most fitting since Mario and Zelda are sibling IP, with them sharing the same original creators. Even if it isn't another new IP though, there are so many easy ideas for new Mario attractions. A Luigi's Mansion dark ride, a New Donk City festival show, perhaps themed dining in the Comet Observatory, the list goes on.

Mar 9, 2018
Christ, Tikis out the whazoo in that concept art. Are we going to have to bring the Kremlings ourselves? We will cover Nintendo World with Klump cosplayers if that's what Nintendo wants. #NIPSOUT will trend on opening day.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Christ, Tikis out the whazoo in that concept art. Are we going to have to bring the Kremlings ourselves? We will cover Nintendo World with Klump cosplayers if that's what Nintendo wants. #NIPSOUT will trend on opening day.

The land is full-on Retro's DKC. Tiki Tong seems to be a set piece in the minecart ride from the concept art.

I actually wonder if Ellie was a mistake and Universal Creative meant to use the elephant from Returns but mixed up characters.

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I'm trying to go to Japan later this year so I can visit Nintendo world at Universal.
I, too, am planning a trip to Japan either next year or 2021 primarily for Super NIntendo World. But also to visit a friend. Gotta saaave.

I live in SoCal, so if the Hollywood one turns out dope I'm gonna be there all the time.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
Considering Nintendo and Universal have been planning this since about 2015, it does make sense that the land is going to draw mostly from the games that were prominent during that timeframe, like Mario 3D World and Retro's DKC games.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Considering Nintendo and Universal have been planning this since about 2015, it does make sense that the land is going to draw mostly from the games that were prominent during that timeframe, like Mario 3D World and Retro's DKC games.

Yep. This has been in the works for a very long time. Also makes sense to base the land on Returns, because Tropical Freeze doesn't use DK Island as a setting until the last world when it is frozen. In the masses minds they would envision the world of Donkey Kong as a big jungle, so Returns makes the most sense as a modern interpretation of that world, therefore Tikis.

Mar 9, 2018
Yeah, that makes sense, I bet if K. Rool and the Kremlings do show up, it would be through character costumes or merchandise. Nips in for now, fellow Kremlings. Nips in for now.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a controversial take, but I really hope Pokemon doesn't take the future expansion pad next to Mario in Epic Universe. (Of course I'd love it in USF or IoA, or even in another piece of land at EU)

I always felt like Zelda would be the most fitting since Mario and Zelda are sibling IP, with them sharing the same original creators. Even if it isn't another new IP though, there are so many easy ideas for new Mario attractions. A Luigi's Mansion dark ride, a New Donk City festival show, perhaps themed dining in the Comet Observatory, the list goes on.
Luigis Mansion was in the cards in the same building as Mario Kart, but that didnt pan out. Zelda is maybe going to Lost continent as Universal doesnt seem to like the idea of putting everything of one of their mdern ips only in one park to get the fans of the same thing going into all the parks at the resort. My perfect are would be a mix of nintendo IPs, as we will probably never seen them as areas in the park. Metroid, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, F-Zero, Starfox... I really want to see them in some form in the future, even if the mix are is just a big central plaza for a smash bros show or something.
Pokemon should go to the kid area at the studios.
And while i would love to see new donk city and wario stuff, i would prefer other IPs that just more mario universe.

Wouldnt surprise me that concept using the tikis was and old idea (just look some of the old cocnpets were Luigis Mansion was present) as the project started when DKCR and 3d world were popular (something I dont enjoy either is mario area going full 3d world), and that with the push of King K Rool some plans have changed. We already know only the DK are is coming to Orlando only in 2023 so anything is possible.
And yeah, fuck the tikis. Its incredible that such generic character nobody really have a passion for are being treated as somethign part of DK up to this day with this concepts and the DK mario kart stages. And even then if I was Universal Creative I wouldnt have even touched the titkis with a ten foot pole, im not sure why neither Nintendo nor Universal got the memo that they were never popular, up to the point Retro had to make new viallians (that are not that great either, but at least better than the tikis).

Last edited:

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
I mean...so are the tikis. Last time they had a major role was Returns, which was nearly nine years ago.

Meanwhile, K. Rool's a playable character in Smash.

If you include the 3DS re-release, you're looking at 2013, a little over six years ago.

Versus, what, 20 years for their last major appearance in Donkey Kong 64 in 1999.

Considering planning for this park likely took place between 2014 and 2016, the Tikis would have been the then-current Donkey Kong antagonist.

Marufuku

Feb 27, 2018
The rumor is that the 3D Land lookout binoculars are going to be used for AR tech to show additional characters and elements in the land. Would be cool if this creates an effect of Mario running and jumping through the land like in the concept trailer for Japan.

The binoculars were shown in the thumbnail of this video in 2016:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3iCk-SOWjrY

OPQAQqr.jpg

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
If you include the 3DS re-release, you're looking at 2013, a little over six years ago.

Versus, what, 20 years for their last major appearance in Donkey Kong 64 in 1999.

Considering planning for this park likely took place between 2014 and 2016, the Tikis would have been the then-current Donkey Kong antagonist.

But this area has been said has been the more in and out of the project until finally was semi confirmed to go to orlando and orlando only, so probably not everything was set in stone. Im sure someone at Universal Creative knows King K Rool would be better than the tikis at this point in time. In fact it would be a terrible idea to add something that wasnt memorable and dint stay in the mainstream for an area in a theme park.
Though with Miyamoto supervising, yeah, that doesnt feel me with confidence. He seems to be in love with the most generic depictions of Mario and DK as possible.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States

I'd really like to see Pokémon in USF (KidZone) and Zelda in IoA (Lost Continent). Spread the Nintendo love around a bit. This may be too niche for general audiences but I'd love to see an outer space Nintendo mash up land in Epic Universe with Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid.

XDevil666

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Im going big, waiting 2023 for the orlando version, and taking a month vacation for visitng every theme park there for the first time. Im also a big Harry Potter fan, so seeing both universal harry potter lands is going to be great (or three if you count fantastic beasts at the new park).

I really hope that the Alicia Stella rumour of them working on a smash bros show for orlando turns to be ture for 2023. The only thing tthat im not a big fan of Super Nintendo World is that the inital area is only mario and DK. A smash bros show that os basically Nintendo's fantasmic would fix that for me.

Efteling is my favourite park with original disneyland. So freaking gret.

Its a joke from zoolander, about the photos being a model and not the real thing lol
I suppose we thought you were continuing the joke with the "what" hahaha

Honestly you will need more than a month to see it all in Orlando, the scale and the detail in those theme parks is next level.

every inch of those parks are themed and crafted beautifully

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
I know, right? My idea was real karts on a real track but mixed with AR so you could for example shoot a turtle shell at another racer... the shell would be seen with your AR glasses and if it hit its target, the kart would actually physically spin.

Thats just not practical in a setting where 1800 guests need to ride an hour.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'd really like to see Pokémon in USF (KidZone) and Zelda in IoA (Lost Continent). Spread the Nintendo love around a bit. This may be too niche for general audiences but I'd love to see an outer space Nintendo mash up land in Epic Universe with Kirby, Star Fox and Metroid.

Yeah spreading the IP across the parks is also a good move for the resort.

I was thinking though of the expansion pad ear-marked for new Nintendo attractions that is said to be right next to Mario/DK in Epic Universe. I'd like it if the lands connected thematically so we could get a similar effect to going between Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley in USF & IOA. Perhaps for Zelda have a Link's Awakening themed area or tunnel since that game featured a lot of Mario characters. :p

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Honestly you will need more than a month to see it all in Orlando, the scale and the detail in those theme parks is next level.

Yeah there's just a ton to see. Magic Kingdom is a classic and Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror and Rise of the Resistance. IoA has the divine trifecta of Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey and Hagride. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa have some amazing coasters too. And USF is great.

OP
OP
Gartooth

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of the DK Land, there's a bit of speculation that a jungle backdrop is being put on the side of the Mario Kart show building in Japan to obscure it from the park's sight lines. This would hint that they would build the DK Land in USJ as a phase 2.

Of course the backdrop could just be generic trees, and not an actual jungle backdrop. Personally I hope it is though, because then I could go to Japan and get the complete SNW experience before 2023. hahaha

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah there's just a ton to see. Magic Kingdom is a classic and Hollywood Studios has Tower of Terror and Rise of the Resistance. IoA has the divine trifecta of Spider-Man, Forbidden Journey and Hagride. SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Tampa have some amazing coasters too. And USF is great.

Yeah, but it would probably be impossible for me to stay mmore than a month hahaha
Im a theme park fan, so I will try to plan it as best as posible, like ive always had with all my visits to other theme parks.
Speaking of the DK Land, there's a bit of speculation that a jungle backdrop is being put on the side of the Mario Kart show building in Japan to obscure it from the park's sight lines. This would hint that they would build the DK Land in USJ as a phase 2.

Of course the backdrop could just be generic trees, and not an actual jungle backdrop. Personally I hope it is though, because then I could go to Japan and get the complete SNW experience before 2023. hahaha
Yeah, just read at the universal forums that Donkey Kong is maybe coming also to japan in a later day.

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Universal insider Alicia Stella broke down the rumors about what she's heard about the ride. It sounds fantastic!

EDIT: Also, there's this leaked construction layout for Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe in Orlando. Donkey Kong confirmed!

And this:

Magic-Man

Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe

Universal insider Alicia Stella broke down the rumors about what she's heard about the ride. It sounds fantastic!

EDIT: Also, there's this leaked construction layout for Super Nintendo World at Epic Universe in Orlando. Donkey Kong confirmed!

And this:

Oof, I'm going to make this it's own thread. Not getting any traction here.

Bruh, you've pulled the article thing on me on multiple websites now lmao (not mad or anything, just saying)