Perfo

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Goddamn 2019 is so packed. But I don't have a good feeling about this title... let's hope for the best.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
So is this a spiritual sequel to Front Misson or what?

OldMuffin

Nov 1, 2017
Is this a world wide release or Japan only? I mean sure it's dubbed so that's a good indicator it's a world wide release but hey strange things happen

Encephalon

Oct 26, 2017
Japan
I posted in the S-E line up thread because I didn't expect a thread for the game, but I'll post again here.

What the hell is going on with the dialogue in this game? It sounds like awkardly translated Japanese. Selfishly, I'd like to see a Japanese dub to fix this issue, but apparently it'll be in English to give it an "international" feel? Which would be fine, if, you know, it didn't sound like the kind of translation you might see in a mid to low budget PS2 game.

This went from a "must have" to a "... maybe, probably not" to me. Too bad, I love the Front Mission games.

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
Really interested. Would have been better in a less crowded month like Feb.

Oct 27, 2017
Is there actually any gameplay for this released yet? I don't mean a 'gameplay' trailer with 0.5 second cutaways; I mean actual raw gameplay footage?

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Does this really need to be in February? This is the first footage we have seen and still no gameplay. Dont rush it Square.

But let me guess, Fiscal Year and what not?

Viceratops

Banned
Jun 29, 2018
Is there some kind of aversion to releasing a game in April or May? Lol seems silly to have this sandwiched between 4 major games a week before and both DMC5 and Sekiro not even a month later.

StraySheep

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Oct 26, 2017
Is there some kind of aversion to releasing a game in April or May? Lol seems silly to have this sandwiched between 4 major games a week before and both DMC5 and Sekiro not even a month later.

If I remember correctly I think Japanese (or maybe worldwide) fiscal years end in March, so it looks better to shareholders if they can say they shipped the game in their reports/presentations. But someone please correct me anywhere I am wrong.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Bad trailer without gameplay but the game's promising from what (else) we've seen. MGSV gameplay/visual style with mechas (so, er, not Metal Gears).

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
While it does look interesting they should have made SRPG ala Front Mission with 3D battlefield and normal grid strategy gameplay.
I am not sure the action/stealth take is going to be good.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Character design Yoji Shinkawa

Oh that explains a few things. The visuals are really good but good lord the voice acting...why does that grown ass man at 0:25 sound like a 12-15 year old anime protagonist.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
This is still the Metal Gear successor I wanted, in style and tone

It looks a bit AA-budget but we kinda need more games like that. I could really see it being a gem once people get their hands on it

It should definitely move out of February though, for its own sake

Deleted member 31133

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Way too many games coming out in Q1! My wallet can't handle it. Going to have to get the overtime in to pay for all these beauties

Nov 4, 2017
The voice acting and dialogue is cringe ham as fuck. What is it with Japanese games sounding like this, make me wanna groan. This better have a Japanese dub to make this bearable or i'm out.

Narumi

Oct 25, 2017
Got some serious Japanese PS2-era camp from that trailer, right down to the endearing yet awful English VA. I love it.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Does this really need to be in February? This is the first footage we have seen and still no gameplay. Dont rush it Square.

But let me guess, Fiscal Year and what not?
Humanity has learn nothing from its mistakes.

If I remember correctly I think Japanese (or maybe worldwide) fiscal years end in March, so it looks better to shareholders if they can say they shipped the game in their reports/presentations. But someone please correct me anywhere I am wrong.
All major publishers (except Microsoft) finish their fiscal year in March, because they did most of their sales in November and in December and retail stores often pay after.

APOEERA

Oct 26, 2017
I'm getting a huge MGS vibe from this. I want to see gameplay before I'm completely onboard though.

Renfran

Alt Account
Banned
Aug 28, 2018
FYI: Press release updates the NA date as just "2019" so it's not Feb 28 for US. Can you add to the title?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
Probably not global release.

That said, I'm not entirely confident having non-gameplay trailers this close to launch. Hopefully TGS brings it in a big way later this month.