• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Wiibomb

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm right now at level 8 and 450exp for the weekly chest, I wonder if I have enough time to get to level 10 between today and tomorrow, it feels impossible to win with the starter deck.

anyone has a netdecking website to get some decks? I just don't have ability to make a deck, only to play it.

Deleted member 38227

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I'm right now at level 8 and 450exp for the weekly chest, I wonder if I have enough time to get to level 10 between today and tomorrow, it feels impossible to win with the starter deck.

anyone has a netdecking website to get some decks? I just don't have ability to make a deck, only to play it.

These should probably be added to the OP if they are not there already. jon bones .

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beyond being a fun game, I love the flavour of the voice interactions the Champion cards have with each other, and some followers.
Garen/Katarina, and Ez's mirror match lines made me laugh in particular.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Beyond being a fun game, I love the flavour of the voice interactions the Champion cards have with each other, and some followers.
Garen/Katarina, and Ez's mirror match lines made me laugh in particular.
Enemy Garen gets played: "For Demacia!"
My Garen already on the field: "No.... FOR DEMACIA!!!!!"

But can fast spells react to slow spells? I'm so confused with this.

slow spells can only be played out of combat and your opponents gets to react.
fast spells can always be played but give your opponent time to react.
burst spells literally just happen and give your opponent no way to act.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Is the wildcard weekly purchase limit something they are removing after the launch window? How is someone who starts playing in a month or six months supposed to get caught up to the people who have played since day one if it will take several weeks to build two or three meta decks? Seems to be even more of an issue as more sets release.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
Ok cool. So there is a spell speed tier of the sorts

1.Burst
2.Fast
3.Slow

Now that makes sense to me. I also see that spells play from left to right, with the last spell played going first. Very cool for counterplay.
I don't know if it would be completely categorized like that, as some spells cannot be played during combat, but that might be the general idea/close enough.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Ok cool. So there is a spell speed tier of the sorts

1.Burst
2.Fast
3.Slow

Now that makes sense to me. I also see that spells play from left to right, with the last spell played going first. Very cool for counterplay.
Combat ALSO goes from left to right which can be SUPER important, especially with overwhelm and lifesteal!

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Is the wildcard weekly purchase limit something they are removing after the launch window? How is someone who starts playing in a month or six months supposed to get caught up to the people who have played since day one if it will take several weeks to build two or three meta decks? Seems to be even more of an issue as more sets release.
There is no intention to increase the limit. If it takes a player 2ish weekly vaults now to build 90% of a meta deck, I'd expect a new player a year from now to take the same amount of time when they start. Because you have some control over your rewards by picking regions and they said they want to expand by adding regions, at least for the 1st exp or 2 the barrier to entry should be roughly the same. Expecting new players to shell out $30 for a meta deck is also a dubious way to do things.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

We did it.

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Should actually hit level 13 tomorrow with the daily.

Probably the only time for me, so might as well go all the way.

Totakeke

Oct 25, 2017
Expedition algorithm needs a tweak. I've had decks where I started with low cost cards and only got 1-3 cost cards to pick from rest of the draft. It shouldn't lead you down to a path where you can only get a bad deck. Also some themes are just bad, I dont think anyone can make cloning program work.

OP
OP
jon bones

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I'll hit 11 for Tuesday, but I'm more stoked to hit level 8 Shadow Isles tonight.

Then I may switch to Freljord... kind want to make an Ashe control deck with Tryndamere.

Finally got a win off of a fully-custom deck! Elise/Braum/Anivia. Fill the board with spiders and just grind them down until your big engines come online. Don't really have the right tools to try it in ranked, though. Need more Challenger cards to deal with threats, and literally my only way to get spiders on the board are those 6-mana spells, the hapless aristocrat, and Elise herself. Still, worked out fine against Trynd. Had to get clever at the end, though - Snowstormed 3 of my own units for that one with the 1 damage per ally death to finish him off before his leveled Trynd could take that surfboard of his to me. Overwhelm feels kind of overcosted on average rn, it's all really slow stuff.

Been thinking more about expacs. I think the three obvious frontrunners for the next expansions are Targon, Bilgewater, and Void. Targon and Bilgewater have a bunch of popular heroes, and Void has Kai'Sa, Baron, and some real classics. I'm thinking it'll be 4 champs in each, just like the current factions.

So, Targon: Taric, Pantheon, Zoe, and Soraka. Thinking they'll be more spell-heavy generally, but with some decent bodies for Panth. I figure they'll probably hold off on Leona, Diana, and Aphelios so they can theme them all together, for that sun vs. moon mess. Aurelion Sol could fit in that, too. It'd be great if he was in sooner, though, his voice is fantastic.

Bilgewater: Miss Fortune, Gangplank, Nautilus, and probably Pyke. Probably something where killing an enemy gets you extra stuff for MF and Pyke, and some new ways to play with Challenger for Naut and Pyke. Gangplank I think just gets to do boardwipe and unit-sacrifice things. Gets the conventional pirate business in there along with the spooky side of Bilgewater. I don't think they'll do the Senna thing where they make a champ into a follower again, that was pretty particular to Lucian's backstory, but I could see them having some oblique references to Illaoi in Gangplank's card set. Fizz, Graves, Twisted Fate, Tahm Kench and Illaoi will probably end up distributed into smaller expacs, Fizz especially since as a maybe-Yordle he doesn't quite fit in, and TF's lore is a bit of a mess last I'd checked.

Void: Lot of different ways they could go with this one. Kai'Sa is a lock, 100%, but there's different things they could do with her. I could see them introducing some kind of compounding damage mechanic (leaves a stack on an enemy each time they take damage from a source with the keyword, at X stacks bad things happen), an Evolve mechanic where they can level up in different ways, more mobility tools... depending on what they go for, I'm thinking that Kassadin is the most likely companion, for card interaction reasons (and to take advantage of Enlightened already being a thing), followed by Vel'Koz or Kha'Zix. They could do all-humanoid champs with Kai'Sa, Kassadin, Kha'Zix, and Malzahar, who would work with the compounding damage thing and also provide a new weenie shell. Not sure having 0 monstrous champs in a Void expac would go over well, though. Either way, I'm skeptical that we'd get Cho'Gath, Kog'Maw, and Rek'Sai in the first set, Rek'Sai not having voice lines means she's less of a showoff and the former two need art/model updates.

I hope we get Shurima before they start going back to the existing factions, but idk, they haven't touched the region in a significant way in a while. I think we might get Ionia 2 first. When they do get to it, though, I'm thinking Sivir, Azir, Ammumu and hopefully Nasus make the cut.

Great post, makes me excited for future expacks.

Deleted member 38227

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I haven't lost a match today with jank decks. And I haven't lost a match today in HS, too. (I just jinxed it).

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Just hit vault 12 for today. Hopefully I get 13 by Tuesday. After having to play way too many games because my quest wasn't counting (after experimenting, Zed clones fuck it up), I got compensated by rngesus having my epic capsule upgraded to a champion capsule. Better to be lucky than good!

Kyuur

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
So apparently there is a limit of 6 units summoned? I honestly thought it just had no upper limit since it seemed hard to get that many on board at a time anyways. Maybe cause I don't play spooders. Kinda sucks.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Made it to 13. I created a second account, challenged it with my first account and just surrendered games.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oooo, had an epic card reward turn into a champion and got a third Zed. Have 3x Jinx and him now. At vault 13 now also.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
I do wish the game was a little clearer with some of the unlocks.

Some don't show at all and I have no idea what the wildcards are turning into.

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
just faced someone with a poison heavy deck they managed to get 30 puffcaps in my deck but still lost b/c the damage is too slow

I do wish the game was a little clearer with some of the unlocks.

Some don't show at all and I have no idea what the wildcards are turning into.
you have to purposely use the wildcards so they do nothing if you do nothing

Hogger

Nov 18, 2017
This game is really fun. I must have had a 90% win rate through Bronze ranked with the default Elise deck. Ez mode but that seems to be what everyone has found. Expedition mode was tense. Went 6-1 and am currently 3-0 in my Trial 2. Lots of people are misplaying right now. The following features will make it hard to go back to Hearthstone and MTG Arena. I've been playing both daily since launch...

1. Banking mana to use for future spells. Really helps eliminate getting a bad curve.
  2. The champion and level-up mechanics. So much more enjoyable than a planeswalker (MTG) or your hero (HS)
  3. The different speeds of spells and the ability to have a chain going with your opponent.
  4. The constant back and forth of a round. There isn't a long period where you are idle waiting for your opponent to finish their turn.
  5. Production levels ie. art, dialogue of cards between others, etc.
Just need 60 fps to be unlocked.

Hybris

Oct 25, 2017
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
It was a fun weekend, got 3 7 win expeditions and ranked up to gold IV with my vlad/braum deck. Starting to get a little stale though and there's no options to branch out until next week. As someone playing way too much, the progression system is proving far more limiting than I was hoping. Mostly due to champion crafts to make certain decks function. I'd really love to make a hecarim deck, but that's not gonna happen until Tuesday I guess.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Did y'all know that if you do your 3 weekly Expeditions you get access to a free Trials mode? Rewards aren't really there, but it's fun, and probably good practice.
just faced someone with a poison heavy deck they managed to get 30 puffcaps in my deck but still lost b/c the damage is too slow
That there's no way to amp the per-cap damage (as far as I can tell) means you're basically building around Teemo hitting them at least a few times once he's leveled up. Without the doubling to get into truly silly numbers, puffcap damage is just too unreliable.

S'why I kinda think he'd be really good with Ionia or maybe Demacia. Barriers and other sleight of hand to keep the furry little bastard alive. Panned out in one of my drafts, but I don't have the cards to make the deck in constructed 😭

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Shadow has a lot of versatility. I think it's gonna be weighted more based on the slow crawl to obtain things though, by default from the starters everyone will have copies of Elise which is a good springboard to a deck that isn't hard to make.