• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
http://www.beardednerd.se/best-of-lego-2017/

I made a list of my favourites. It's been such a crazy year that I had to separate retail and collector sets.

Best figures:
Rocket Boy (for that CS torso!)
Poison Ivy (Superhero Girls version)
Thrawn
Robin (standard version)
Ms Marvel

Best retail:
5) 2016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
4) Y-Wing Starfighter
3) Destiny's Bounty
2) Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike
1) BB-8

Best collector:
5) Old Fishing Store
4) Carousel
3) Ninjago City
2) NASA Apollo Saturn V
1) Assembly Square

How long will Lego keep making more and more must-haves? A normal year I would have jumped at Taj Mahal.

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Starting a 2 week vacation in 2 hours with plans to build a few sets. Old fishing store, Saturn V, and Taj Mahal (Christmas gift from my wife). I haven't built anything of significance for over a year so I can't wait.

Furiousone

Oct 29, 2017
I went ahead and ordered the Falcon. Would love to wait for double VIP, but I want it in hand to build over the winter months! Order went right through...good sign after the debacle earlier in the year.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Whoo! Nice. I'd really like to get it now, but shacking up in 1 bedroom apartment with the g/f means space is at a premium. I've got a ton of stuff in storage, but we're looking at buying a house next year so it should all come out then.

Bentbricks

Oct 26, 2017
http://www.beardednerd.se/best-of-lego-2017/

I made a list of my favourites. It's been such a crazy year that I had to separate retail and collector sets.

Best figures:
Rocket Boy (for that CS torso!)
Poison Ivy (Superhero Girls version)
Thrawn
Robin (standard version)
Ms Marvel

Best retail:
5) 2016 Ford GT & 1966 Ford GT40
4) Y-Wing Starfighter
3) Destiny's Bounty
2) Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike
1) BB-8

Best collector:
5) Old Fishing Store
4) Carousel
3) Ninjago City
2) NASA Apollo Saturn V
1) Assembly Square

How long will Lego keep making more and more must-haves? A normal year I would have jumped at Taj Mahal.

I want to get everything on your best collector list. I'm way behind on the collector sets. I still haven't gotten Ghostbuster HQ which is slowly creeping down my to-get list. I agree LEGO is putting out too much that I often find sets I want fall of my to-get list as new ones come out.

After Millenium Falcon release and all the collector sets I still need to get, Taj Mahal wasn't even a blip on my radar. Taj Mahal was brick blocked by all the other interesting sets.

Koren

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone's guess but I can't see it going away before Han Solo movie (and several months after) so a least a year, probably 18+ months.

Last edited:

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
Set this up about 2 weeks ago but forgot to post pics if anyone is interested. Winter Village under the Christmas Tree.

11Umkev.jpg

DBuj1GL.jpg

Cxoe4PP.jpg

1AC80Ub.jpg

CNwLK5U.jpg

RV6NZIB.jpg

corasaur

Oct 26, 2017
The pictures are very bad and blurry, definitely not released by Lego itself. They might still be considered confidential. I'm not really sure what the policy here is on such pictures, but you can find them on the Lego subreddit
lego's gotten more hardcore about leaks. i think the policy is "don't post things here so there's no chance that lego's lawyers give us grief to keep disney happy." directions to reddit pages or people suicidal enough to host them on a blog are probably ok?

Oct 27, 2017
Tn, USA
Dammit, was the Falcon actually available on the website? I got the notification email but all the website said was "coming soon" and to check local stores (local to me is an hour away). Did I miss out AGAIN?

And as a side gripe, it irks me that Lando and Nein nunb aren't in the set. For $800 smackers I'd expect anyone who was ever in the ship to be included :P

Capt_Shanu

Oct 27, 2017
Mastermind toys is having a sale on assorted sets in the Edmonton area. Picked up Destiny's Bounty for 150 dollars. Also, they have some of the Jan 1st sets out now. Also got the new Superman Lobo set and the Batman Egghead mech set.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Halfway through sorting the used 10228 I bought. A couple of missing pieces found already but at thankfully all the sand green pieces and minifigs/accessories are intact.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Merry Christmas lads.

Finally sat down with dome Lego again after finishing the Death Star s few weeks ago. Needed a break.

Today I started and finished the Snowspeeder. Great model. Shame about the 4575 stickers. Adjusted the stand to have it leaning over a fraction more too.

Grassclipper

Oct 26, 2017
Merry Christmas! Visiting my parents over the weekend and looking at some sets to bring home in the future. The biggest one is probably Skull Eye's Schooner. My brothers old Lego will also come home to me some day, lots of 80's space and town sets.

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Set this up about 2 weeks ago but forgot to post pics if anyone is interested. Winter Village under the Christmas Tree.

11Umkev.jpg

DBuj1GL.jpg

Cxoe4PP.jpg

1AC80Ub.jpg

CNwLK5U.jpg

RV6NZIB.jpg

Looking awesome! Now you will have to get a bigger tree every year as more sets come out.

I didnt get to put my station together or my village out this year. Too busy and not going to be home. The good news is i get to put two new WV sets together next year!

Crepuscular

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
On bag 9/13 of the Temple Of Airjitzu, really glad I finally picked this up before it retired, a lot of fun and pictures really don't do it justice.

The little feature of the light brick producing the shadow play through that screen is REALLY cool. I knew about that beforehand too, but it's honestly one of the coolest features in any Lego set ever turning the crank and watching it play.

MrPickles

Oct 25, 2017
The great thing about LEGO gifts is it's impossible to pass the shake test. You immediately know what it is.

Looking awesome! Now you will have to get a bigger tree every year as more sets come out.

I didnt get to put my station together or my village out this year. Too busy and not going to be home. The good news is i get to put two new WV sets together next year!

Thanks! Yeah, the more likely option is a bigger tree skirt and more track lol

Romac1314

Nov 6, 2017
I played with Legos when I was a kid but never really paid them any mind aside from the occasional game until I had a son, he turns 5 in January and this past year he's really gotten into Lego and we've built quite a few sets together and it's definitely grown my own interest. My personal favorite was the Mustang GT from the speed champions set, as a big Mustang fanatic/Ford employee. He has a pretty insane mix of licenses and sets big and small and it's mind blowing to watch how creative he can be mixing and matching his own universe.

Santa is bringing him several sets tomorrow, the Jokers Vehicle, a couple Jurassic World sets I'd put up until he got a little older, some Spider-Man sets, the Lego creative big box that was a toys r us exclusive and a couple Smaller Lego City sets (one with a shark, he was obsessed with getting a shark lol).

I can't wait to build with him!

PalaceBrother

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

I haven't posted much since the meltdown, but that's got more to do with a new job than anything else. I wanted to pop in and say "thank you" to a tremendous community. I love how everybody rallied to get this thread back together, and I still read the Discord when I'm able to.

Merry Christmas y'all.

(Also, I kept myself in the dark on the SW advent calendar....needless to say after opening today's door I have very strong opinions)

TI92

Alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We got my dad this for Xmas, found it for around $60 (in yen) at a used shop. Seems pretty cool !!

10226_alt1

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I think I still have my sopwith camel upstairs - one of the sets I wanted to see to make more space. Was built with stickers though.

Supa Necta

Oct 25, 2017
Merry Christmas! Got Taj Mahal, VIP card set, and Mini London Bus. My son got Scuttler, women of NASA, and Ecto1 and 2.

Oct 26, 2017
Jang's First Order AT-ST review was fun. Not pulling any punches there. It seems there are both some really good sets and some horribly failed ones this season.