• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA
There is a second pair of plates on the set. Maybe...
LEGO-10252-Volkswagen-Beetle-Sticker-Sheet.jpg

No match. Because that would be freaky.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's not even matching the azure color. Just a bit of light fun for afols. Cute.

Chaosblade

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If I hadn't blown a bunch of money on guitar stuff over the last month I'd probably bite on Detective's Office with the discount. But it's not really in the cards right now.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeeah, as much as I love to use that 15% on LEGO, I blew my major LEGO budget on Hogwarts (and probably more money than I'd care to admit to get the HP CMFs).

And I'm waiting to see if the little Diagon Alley set is going to be a giveaway set on shop.lego, so I'm waiting on buying all other HP sets until that gets officially revealed (hopefully it'll just be a purchasable set and I wont have to buy more than I want).

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing with stud.io lately and it's pretty nice. I've been using it as a way to get my fix without spending money. Program on one screen and instructions on the second one. Other then not liking to putting technic pins on bars for be had no problems getting stuff to fit together. Plus the tenders look awesome

Possum Armada

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Greenville, SC
Looking at buying my first Lego set ever and get the new Hogwarts for my wife and I to build together.

How hard will it be to order one on the 1st? Any way to get a discount? :)

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at buying my first Lego set ever and get the new Hogwarts for my wife and I to build together.

The big one? Why not sign up for a VIP account and get it now? You get 5% back in 'VIP points' which can be used towards future purchase. If you wait they do 2x points a couple of times a year so 10% instead of 5%

OP
OP
PhoncipleBone

PhoncipleBone

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Kentucky, USA

Other nice thing with the new Hogwarts is you and you wife can build separate sections on your own. Books 1-2 are one half of the castle, books 3-4 are the other half. So you can each go at your own pace then combine the two sections when done.

Deleted member 9305

Oct 26, 2017
It will prolly cost as much as a real Chiron. Impressive nevertheless.

jts

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I wonder what isn't Lego in the build, besides the wheels. Will be dope to see the actual engineering and building video, which surely they have shot?

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that and the 15 car version. I had both back when I was a kid and was hard pressed to choose between them (loved me some Ginger!). In retrospect the lion version is clearly superior. But as a lego toy Vehicle Voltron would be pretty sweet.

could you mod one? Use the basic mechanisms from the current model. Have little wheels on the end instead of paws, that kind of thing.

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
I hadn't twigged that the California plates spell "Psiaki". Is there any reference in the other plates? And, for that matter, what are the plates on the other cars?

The DB-5 uses licence plates from the movies (like BMT 216 A) but also has JB-007

The Ferrari just has the F40 logo.

The Camper has H-VW 1962, which of course refers to Volkswagen and the release date of the car.

No idea what the R682 AHS from the Mini Cooper is suposed to mean.

SuperSah

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Have to say, I have built bags 1 and 2 of the Parisian Restaurant and holy wow what a build. I have never had this much fun building LEGO set!

The kitchen is outstanding :D

JetBlackSVW

Oct 27, 2017
Hello, I am new in this thread (although I was a long time lurker in the Neogaf Lego OT, but couldn't register at that time)!

Lately I wasn't into Lego that much, but I think I will buy more Lego in the future again soon.

Now some pics of my Lego collection (I still have my childhood Lego, too). I really love the modular buildings series, but I am lagging behind because of the lack of space. The Green Grocer is bricklinked by the way. The stand for my Benny's Spaceship is the PhoncipleBone one, I still have to thank you for that. The Mega Core Magnetizer is my favorite childhood Lego and I still have the awesome original box, too!

ZfYCTqx.jpg

TNIjV6t.jpg

OqPfPQf.jpg

4sGLTrJ.jpg

3vF0Smh.jpg

cgDTcdF.jpg

0Ryw5vA.jpg

oSoGPZk.jpg

Ponn

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Awesome stuff JetBlack. You beat me and still have your Helms Deep up. I really want to find some space to put mine back up.

Jimrpg

Oct 26, 2017
Thought I'd bump this while we're in the new Entertainment forum to get noticed. (Because why not?)

Cool pics! JetBlackSVW

Only 10 days or so to go until they reveal the Winter Village, prob my last set that I will get this year. People are saying its a winter fire station? I'm going to say its a winter cafe and post office (lots of parcels and presents).

Gaiaknight

Oct 25, 2017
So i finally got around to buying the Destiny's Bounty and the Ninjago city and i gotta say these two are easily some of my favorite builds i have done especially the Ninjago City that set is a work of art.

Oct 26, 2017
Get a bunch of Ikea's Kallax and line them up around the room. Leave out some of the vertical spacers to make double slots (preferrably only on the top shelf). Line up a city along the top and display smaller sets in the slots below.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
I bought some Ikea floating shelves (I forgot the name, I think I bought the boards and brackets separately, they have quite a few different styles) to go on my wall for books and LEGO sets. Need to get more since they're already full, haha.