Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
we are getting a big Lego Endurance ship around November it seems. I love my Queen Annes Revenge and have Destiny's bounty and titanic in my backlog as they take up a lot of shelf space, but may not be able to resist if its done well.
Shackleton's ship?

If true it could be the 1st lego set I've bought in years!

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Really interested in what Barad-Dur is going look like.

Sounds like the reveal may be next week.

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
I'd guess Nazgul King, Theoden and Eowyn, and it'll be scalped immediately because Lego seems to really love to push scalping for some reason.
3 unique figures seem a bit much a for gwp (and I think Lego is too cheap for that), my guess would be Witch King and 2 generic Nazgul or Orcs.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Built the Dune Ornithopter set last night and wow. Really really impressive design and engineering that went into it. Incredible model with all those functions packed in but also being so sturdy and good looking.

And just for fun, here's all the pieces I replaced with black or dark gray >_> (minus the extras pile bottom right)

j7SmfAy.jpeg

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
Built the Dune Ornithopter set last night and wow. Really really impressive design and engineering that went into it. Incredible model with all those functions packed in but also being so sturdy and good looking.

And just for fun, here's all the pieces I replaced with black or dark gray >_> (minus the extras pile bottom right)

j7SmfAy.jpeg
Eh, those didn't bother me, since you can't see them from the outside anyway. At least I don't think you can see them.. lol. Now that it's built, it's perched on the top shelf in my theater room.

Sax

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Eh, those didn't bother me, since you can't see them from the outside anyway. At least I don't think you can see them.. lol. Now that it's built, it's perched on the top shelf in my theater room.

Haha, well, different people will be bothered to different levels (or not at all) by them yeah. I looked over some reviews/the instructions and determined that I'd want to replace these. Also lighting will likely make a difference too, compared to well lit reviews or flat instructions.

-The red/orange bulbs are all over the wing mechanism and super visible to me. This was really the catalyst for it all and I figured if I'm replacing these and going from the ground up might as well go whole hog =P
-The yellow bricks are in the tail and cockpit and visible depending on the angle or if the cockpit is open
-The yellow axles are in the wing connections and visible through the slits of other pieces
-The long red axles go through the body and aren't always well covered/hidden
-The long blue pins and short red axles are used everywhere and not always visible but there's so many of them I wasn't going to figure them out individually and just replaced them all
-The gray... technic... things... are for the wing connections and just clashed there for me so I made them black

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
Iirc we didn't even know if it's a "gift" with purchase yet, wouldn't put it past Lego that you can buy it exclusively when buying the actual set, similar to the printed d&d adventure.
Yeah it's not officially confirmed yet, but I think it's most likely a gwp. I guess we'll find out next week.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Just finished the first bag of the Dune Ornithopter. Last thing I built was Assembly Square where each of the 6 bags felt like a complete sets worth of Lego so it was very nice to do a step 'quickly'.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
I want a that Barad-Dur but that thing is going to be $400+ right?
I hope they do a mini version

Yep, rumours are $459.99 / €459.99 / £399.99.

The cost is less of an impediment to me than the size it will probably be, I literally have nowhere in my house to put what will probably be a very tall tower.

I also hoped they would do some smaller scale LOTR builds but it doesn't seem to be the way they are going.

Hello Snake

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
I finished the Great Pyramid of Giza today. I enjoyed the build except for the white outer casing, which was very repetitive and a bit temperamental. I kept accidentally dislodging pieces while trying to support from the bottom while pushing pieces down from the top. But it looks great when all finished.

Next builds I'm planning to do are Mandalorian N1 micro fighter and Boba Fett micro fighter.

LiquidDom

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I finished up the Mario Question Mark Block yesterday and I gotta say I'm quite impressed. The flip top which brings out 4 levels that fold outward is really awesome and it works amazingly well. It's very durable so you can really just flip it with ease.

Up next I have the BD-1 droid and my wife has the smaller R2-D2 they just released recently that we are going to be at the same time together. I love this hobby lol

BradleyLove

Oct 29, 2017
Spent some time building more of my UCS AT-AT this past weekend. Competed the legs and feet, and now started on building the body … to find stickers. Stickers, on a £700 UCS set. What the actual fook, Lego.

ruxtpin

Oct 30, 2017
PA
Every time I get an alert for this thread, I jump to - hoping for the Barad-Dur reveal.

come on Lego, you leak like an old ship the rest of the year!

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
How does one import their Brickset wanted list onto the Bricklink platform? Is this as straightfoward as uploading the Brickset csv. file?

Last edited:

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
How does one import their Brickset wanted list onto the Bricklink platform? Is this is straightfoward as uploading the Brickset csv. file?
Bricklink doesn't like csv. Crossing formats I've actually had the best luck using the upload tool at webrick, an altbricks site, to convert into xml files, usually two parts, in stock and not found/out of stock. These can then be uploaded onto bricklink. Stupid I know but the fastest surefire way I've found that will work everytime.

Sep 7, 2018
Barad-dur was a let-down in my opinion. Proportions are off (tower is too Short). €450 is too much to ask for a playset. Reminds me of the MBS series for Lego Star Wars, and I am obviously not among the target audience.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Personally not really feeling Barad Dur. As I said previously I just don't have the space for a tower that tall and also the big open-back isn't really selling it to me.

Rivendell is still high on my list to (eventually) pick up.

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I honestly didn't know Lego's still producing those rocket parts they used for Sauron's Mace, and somehow that's the part I'm fixated on oh god

edit so many stickers though >:/
edit also kinda annoyed they couldn't bothered to do more than one orc ears wig, so half of the orcs have no wig and the others sport the same haircut/face.

Gah I don't want to want it. Brain, do something! Brain?

Last edited:

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
Day One for me, too. It's a bit disappointing that they're reusing Frodo and Sam from Rivendell, but Sauron and Mouth of Sauron look amazing!

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Some details from the set reveal back in September, can be found on youtube:
Red bandana orc is supposed to be the "chef" of Barad-Dur's kitchen, all four orcs have new torso prints
Door is openable via a wheel on the side
Eye has a light brick and can be moved to all directions (horizontally just a bit)
Top base floor has a "secret" room in the back, can be opened up via a switch as well, containing Sauron's personal war room. Really cool little mechanism. Also, new Palantir.
ladder in the library (top room) can be moved.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Do the Insider Early Access preorders at the LEGO store usually open at midnight?

The NASA Artemis Set preorder goes live tomorrow and it's the first time I would be interested in getting a LEGO set at launch from there (including the Alien Diner and Mars Rover GWPs).

Last edited:

bb1173

May 1, 2022
Someone on the lego reddit pointed out that one fo the rooms has a menu with a picture of a steak on it :D.

love silly easter eggs like that!

lego-lord-of-the-rings-barad-d%C3%BBr-10333-v0-tfwfg8jpae0d1.jpeg

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Do the Insider Early Access preorders at the LEGO store usually open at midnight?

The NASA Artemis Set preorder goes live tomorrow and it's the first time I would be interested in getting a LEGO set at launch from there (including the Alien Diner and Mars Rover GWPs).

should be, yes. hadn't realised there were little GWP with it. It should still be around by morning (or I can pop into the leicester square branch on Thursday)

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
I am diving in too heavy into these new space sets. Really dig the modular connections, hope LEGO gets more creative with them.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Ordered Artemis. Had £50 points so used that up which gives me £50 for the next set (probably speed champions) as i'd put aside the full amount for the set

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany

Can't deal with Hype guy ashnflash, but the Tiago review, as usual, was pretty good!

At this point I feel like I've seen most, if not all, of what the set has to offer in little secrets or exciting builds, so my immediate MUST BUY reaction is calmed down a bit. Still unsure though, it's a fantastic display, but I already have so much Lego around, and it's just so dang expensive again.

On the other hand, it would look amazing in viewing distance from Orthanc. Oh well, we'll see.

AquaRegia

Oct 25, 2017
Not picking up Barad-dûr, but would love to see those sorts of mechanisms in other sets. Favorite part of the Discovery set was the landing gear and the flaps.

sAbobo

Dec 1, 2018
I completely forgot I had two mocs pieces together, a middle eastern town, and a castle Moc based off of 2 sets of 31120 castle. Time to add onto my Lion knights Moc that already used 3.5 sets of the castle. Looking to end up 2.5 to three feet around depending on location if I can say focused and interested.

AgeEighty

Oct 25, 2017
Barad-Dur is one of those sets I would definitely own if I were a little richer, but just isn't something I love enough to justify otherwise.

shodgson8

Shinra Employee
Aug 22, 2018
Completely messed up the landing element of the Ornithopter. I stupidly left the mechanism that attaches to the front legs inside the model, took a fair bit of stressful work to unpick enough parts to get it back out.

Felt like an easy mistake to make.