Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Now I can see why there has been some concern in the OT from players on the PS5 version (screen tearing mostly). I'm playing on XSX and it's a pure joy to play. I originally wanted to get it on Switch but luckily saw some early footage of that version and decided against it. It's not terrible by any means but since I play both at home only, the Xbox version was the right choice for me.

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how many people would be complaining and asking for refunds if they never say an analysis or side by side?
I mean, you're illustrating why analysis is useful. It helps to make an informed consumer.

Ignorance is bliss and all that, sure. But I'd rather be more knowledgable of the type of experience I'm getting compared to other platforms.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
I wish I had gotten the XSX version, but the PS5 version still looks and plays great (for those on the fence). It's not as bad the video makes it seem. Yes, there's screen tearing and drops but not constantly. Most of the time it's super smooth.

cgpartlow

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle, WA
I mean, you're illustrating why analysis is useful. It helps to make an informed consumer.

Ignorance is bliss and all that, sure. But I'd rather be more knowledgeable of the type of experience I'm getting compared to other platforms.
Oh, I agree. I just think it is an interesting phenomena. Having all systems, I want to make the best purchase I can, but I still find it humorous to see people that are enjoying something suddenly not enjoy it because it is better somewhere else even if they don't own that system.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Still want to see a DF video on this, but looks like I'll be playing on resolution mode on PS5 for now.

Locked 30fps >>> 60fps with the huge frame drops
Almost done TPM and can't say I've noticed any frame drops. I think there's probably just a couple problematic areas in the game.

CorpseLight

Nov 3, 2018
As with most of the DF graphic breakdowns, the Series S is actually the standout. Great little console.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Picked up the Xbox version after playing it on PS5 all yesterday. The difference is night and day. Gotta hope there's a patch coming, the PS5 version is just not in an acceptable state right now.

I wonder how many people would be complaining and asking for refunds if they never say an analysis or side by side?

The whole time I was playing it last night in performance mode it was a blurry mess. I actually switched to 30fps because it was so bad.

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I'm reserving judgment till DF puts their video out but if this is accurate then yeah.. not great for PS5. Hope they patch, I'm gamesharing with a friend on PlayStation for this one

OldBritBloke

Oct 28, 2017
Yikes, looks like they just crapped out the PS5 version. Hopefully it will have been sufficiently patched when I pick it up in two year's time for a fiver.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
My friend got me this for Series X as a gift, so I got to play through episode 1 today. I really like the game, it looks crisp and runs smooth IMO.

Vermcloud

Nov 13, 2020
Has the developer at all acknowledged the PS5 version?

I want to know whether to wait a few days to see if a perfomance patch is promised before I buy it.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I've downloaded but not played it - can I get a refund? if not I might sit on it until a hopeful patch :/
Unfortunately I think you're technically too late still

Having played the PS5 version for 5 or so hours on a 77" screen it's honestly not that bad. Looks soft but not too blurry. I'm not sure the performance will be fixable with a patch though

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
People will know if a game runs like garbage from regular reviews.
Regular reviews are awful for gauging performance. Where the heck was all the comments from reviewers for Elden Ring, to name but one recent game?
Which is why I wait for DF for these exact reasons - they give an excellent look into the games and help me decide which version and which mode of a game to give a shot when I do play them. I dont always agree with their choice, but I find it a very valuable resource. Their recent Ghostwire Tokyo vid was more insightful than any normal review of the game that's for sure.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's crazy but I bought the PS5 version, then the XSX version after seeing this. I thought it looked fine on PS5 but there's quite a noticeable and appreciable difference. Only regret buying it on PS5.

H4ETrL4.jpg

TUQAM1M.jpg

14PC3f6.jpg

QirUtsv.png

Oct 30, 2017
how is it on XB1X? is there still a performance mode? i have a series x too but use both in different rooms

Zebesian-X

Dec 3, 2018
I know it's crazy but I bought the PS5 version, then the XSX version after seeing this. I thought it looked fine on PS5 but there's quite a noticeable and appreciable difference. Only regret buying it on PS5.

H4ETrL4.jpg

TUQAM1M.jpg

14PC3f6.jpg

QirUtsv.png
Wow. Hope they patch this… no clue what their MO is with post-launch support though

Jul 26, 2018
Ugh should've gotten the Xbox Series X version instead... or a PC since I have a 3080. Just wanted to get a physical deluxe copy which is a PS5. Wish they would've just released one for PC.... and yes I would prefer a steel case with just a code for PC hahaa.

Firmus_Anguis

AVALANCHE
Oct 30, 2017

H4ETrL4.jpg

TUQAM1M.jpg

14PC3f6.jpg

QirUtsv.png
Yikes!

There's absolutely no reason the differences should be this stark.

They really fucked up with the PS5 version.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017

H4ETrL4.jpg

TUQAM1M.jpg

14PC3f6.jpg

QirUtsv.png
Thanks for the comparisons. I'll be interested to see what DF has to say about this game. I'll definitely get the game on Xbox when the time comes, that difference is painfully noticeable (and I cannot stand screen tearing either, so its just the worst of everything on Playstation)

Oct 30, 2017
how is it on XB1X? is there still a performance mode? i have a series x too but use both in different rooms

bought it so i can answer this myself. it's 30fps only on the one x (no performance option), but it looks good and i only really saw frame drops in cutscenes so far.

Amargeddon

Apr 8, 2020
PS5 performance mode is terrible. Will wait with buying until it's patched or skip it all together if they can't be bothered to fix it.

thatJohann

Nov 17, 2020
Caved in and bought the XSX version after having bought the PS5 version earlier. 3 hours into the XSX and it's a big improvement over PS5. Big resolution bump and not a single frame drop so far although to be fair I'm playing using VRR oled. Regardless, highly recommend it on either console. Such a good game.

Jan 6, 2019
So, if I'm planning on playing the PS5 version on the 30 fps mode, is that basically the same as the equivalent on Series X? I already bought the physical deluxe for PS5 and I'd lose the deluxe if I exchanged it for the X version :(

JaseMath

Oct 27, 2017
Denver, CO
Considering buying this on XSX. Never played a Lego™ game before 🤔

THERE'S TOO MUCH TO PLAY

Last edited:

Hobbun

Oct 27, 2017
Has the developer at all acknowledged the PS5 version?

I want to know whether to wait a few days to see if a perfomance patch is promised before I buy it.

This is what I want to know.

I am aware the developer could still release a performance patch without saying anything, but would feel a lot better if they acknowledged it and said they were working on a fix. We would then know then a patch was upcoming to fix the performance issues.

Matticers

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh, this sucks. I just ordered the PS5 deluxe version after looking everywhere for it. They probably won't patch it either unless they get a ton of pressure about it.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
The number of posts I see on this site about wanting to see DF analysis before purchasing a game really makes me scratch my head.
Why are you scratching your head?
If you pay 60-70$ for a game and did spend up to 1000$ to be in the position of being a multiplatform owner, it makes absolutely sense to look out for DF to see which version looks or runs better. Why would you want the poorer port, if you got the choice?

Granted there are other factors to consider for me like friends and console features (how good is DS support, ...). The policies of a platform can be a factor as well, such as refunding or BC. Both have good BC support, which is nice, but who do you trust more with BC and enhancements going forward?

OP
OP
digitalrelic

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kind of seems like this disparity isn't getting the attention it deserves. Hopefully DF does indeed come out with analysis to get some more eyes on this.