• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Did you like The Last Jedi?

• Yes (Liked)

Votes: 2,719 62.1%
  • No (Didn’t like)

Votes: 1,662 37.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

YolkFolk

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The North, England
Sometimes it's truly hard to gauge the overall reaction to the film because certain voices can be louder than others.

The poll will close one week from today. Let's see how the board really feels.

51poKKV63GL.jpg

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sure this will both definitively settle the argument and won't result in people on era being their usual toxic selves and ignoring all the reasons people actually have for liking or disliking the movie and instead calling each other dumb / racist / deluded fanboys, or whatever other embarrassing things always happen when Star Wars discussion happens on this forum. In addition, no matter how the poll is divided people will claim the film isn't divisive and their opinion is the most common one because both they felt that way and their mate Gary did as well.

Gpsych

May 20, 2019
I said "didn't like," but that's not really the complete answer. There were parts I liked (Luke's death, all of his scenes with Rey) but found the rest of it to be pretty boring - even the space battles. It just didn't do much for me in general.I would describe it more as "Meh, it was okay."

lacer

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
where's the "it was okay" option

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Why is the poll mutually exclusive?

This is dialectics. It's very simple dialectics. It's one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space. You can't go out into space, without like, you know, with fractions. What are you gonna land on? One quarter? Three-eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectic physics, okay? Dialectic logic is, there's only love and hate. You either love a film or you hate it.

Platy

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yes (liked it)
Loved it
It is my favorite star wars movie
By far the most beautiful star wars movie the others don't hold a candle to it
The cassino scenes are good and I will defend it
Luke's death is the most jedi thing a jedi can jedi

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
This is dialectics. It's very simple dialectics. It's one through nine, no maybes, no supposes, no fractions. You can't travel in space. You can't go out into space, without like, you know, with fractions. What are you gonna land on? One quarter? Three-eighths? What are you gonna do when you go from here to Venus? That's dialectic physics, okay? Dialectic logic is, there's only love and hate. You either love a film or you hate it.

You mutt.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I did like it but I throw up a little in my mouth when I see someone name it as the best Star Wars film, or even top three.

Skid 4

Jan 18, 2018
first time i watched it, i liked it enough. second watch however i didn't enjoy it

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We should ban the phrase "let's settle this". Nothing is ever settled, nobody's opinions are changed.

hendersonhank

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have never met anyone in real life who saw the movie and liked it. At least two have lost interest in Star War as a result.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I liked it well enough. I didn't absolutely love it but I certainly didn't hate it. Visually I thought it was stunning. Can't remember much about the plot lol.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
I liked it more than I disliked it but it's also the only Star Wars movie that I've only watched a single time. I'm not sure that I even remember it very much.

thecouncil

Oct 29, 2017
i mean, it was fine.

but its closer to my least favorite star wars movie than my favorite. it actually might just be my least favorite. haha.