Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure if you've ever had the experience of injecting Sugar Free candy, but I have. I was ignorant to the fact that it contains Sorbitol-which is a SUPER laxative. I can not describe my experience but it was awful and painful.

Lo and behold on Amazon the reviews for this product are all about people's stories of shitting their brains out and it's hilarious.

The horror at 30,000 feet!
June 2, 2018

My flight was leaving at 8 in the morning. After awaking and trying to get to the airport, I forgot to grab something to eat. I usually take my time and do things in order, but not this day. I was traveling from Boston to LA coming home from a work trip. I do it regularly so nothing was new to me. I stayed in the same hotel and knew the time I needed to leave to get to the airport on time. During my work trip, I stopped at a convenience store and saw these gummy bears and thought they would be a perfect gift for my son Charlie. He loves gummy bears and gummy worms. So the morning I was to head back to LA, I slept through my alarm. That never happens. I rushed to get out of the hotel and threw those gummies in my carry on bag to make it on time to the airport. After speeding and filling up gas in the rental, I made it to my gate as they were boarding.

I get on the plane and head down the aisle to find my window seat near the middle of the plane. I asked politely for the two adorable older ladies siting in the middle and aisle seats if I could pass by to my seat. They obliged. The lady in the middle must have been around 80 years old so it took her some time to get up and make sure she was holding on to something so she didn't fall as she stepped into the aisle. I thanked them as I sat and settled into my seat.

Fast forward 20 minutes as we reach our cruising altitude of around 30,000 feet in the air. As I reach into my carry on bag to grab my headphones, I see the gummy bears. Since I am hungry and need something, I decided to open them up and just have a few to hold me over until we land. I wanted to save some for my son so I maybe had 4 or 5. But I had 4 or 5 too many because once the bears had a few minutes to adjust to their new home, they began to work.

It started out with a little cramp. Which is normal with gassing on a plane. You do not want to fart on a plane so you hold it in. It is airplane etiquette. It would come and go over a few minutes so I thought nothing of it. Then it got worse. The cramps intensified, the sweating started, and I began to notice the older ladies looking over at me. About 30 minutes into eating these bears, my thinking went from, "Oh these are just farts, I can hold them," to "Oh dear God not here." I have been a Christian my whole life and this is the test. If there is a God, please help me leave this plane with my dignity intact.

After waiting for the intense cramp wave to pass, I stood up and jump over those two women. I could not wait for them to stand so I stood up, (my back facing them) and tried to shimmy pass them. I think a toot came out cause I heard one say, "Oh Lord, was that you?" After reaching the aisle, I waddled to the back of the plane where the least amount of risk would be. To my dismay, it was in use. That left one bathroom left in the front. I looked down the aisle and saw my Mt. Everest. I had to somehow keeps my wet cheeks tighter than Fort Knox whilst waddling forward, whilst praying no one gets out of their seats.

After 5 minutes of stop and go, I made it to the bathroom and was pulling my pants down as I entered the bathroom. The door was still unlocked as the sweet release was underway. I thought I died. I thought this was it. Even though I was on the throne confessing my sins, I thought my time was called. I lost count on how many knocks at the door there was. I must have been in there for 45 minutes, but I made it.

I washed my hands, and threw water in my face to calm me down. Opening the door, I saw the faces looking back at me. Apparently the seal to the bathroom was not air tight. Letting just the slightest airflow from that bathroom to the main cabin possible. These were daughters, mothers, and children looking at me. I could feel their questions and comments. "What have you done?" "We still have 2 hours left." "Please divert this plane."

As I began walking down, the man in the first row of first class grabbed my arm. He said, "Hey man, where is your seat?" Confused, I told him and he said, "Go get your stuff and come back and sit here, you need this more then me." I was embarrassed and ashamed. I had a family at home waiting for me.

I recommend theses bears to anyone. But please eat them responsibly.

Joshua
Eat if you dare...
February 1, 2015
Verified Purchase
I sit here writing this review at 4AM from my porcelain throne, a fixture you will become all too familiar with if you chose to eat these cute little bears from the pits of hell. I had to eat a pound of these little bastards after Man City must've thought they were playing American football the other week, and lost to a team of Arsenal scrubs. They were a bit chewy but overall, appeared to be nothing more than your average gummy bears. After about 2 hours with little more than some mild stomach cramps, feeling like one would expect from eating a pound of any candy, I began to wonder if I'd gotten some duds. Like the slow build-up of a Martin Scorsese film however, those bears were waiting for their baptism scene to destroy my insides. It started with the cramping, very akin to doing 1,000 crunches and then being forced to hold the 1,001st crunch indefinitely. Then came the initial "run" which opened the proverbial flood gates. I'm over 30 and I'm beginning to wonder if these bears know that and want to send me back to the can for each year I've been on this earth to make me wonder why I'd ever been born. In between gastrointestinal bouts of pressure washing the inside of my toilet from my anus, I lay in bed feeling as if someone were to punch me in the stomach, I'd explode, turning the walls of my bedroom into a soiled Jackson Pollock rendition. To give you an idea, I'd spent $50 ordering a UFC pay-per-view only to willingly miss the last 2-3 fights on the main card because I didn't want to stray too far from my master bathroom. Thankfully for me (and my marriage), fearing what might be coming, I convinced my wife to spend the evening at my sister-in-laws because trust me fellas, nothing will be gained from your significant other experiencing this with you. I'm no longer in pain but am still having to make trips back to my master bath on a regular basis. Eat these if you dare but be forewarned, they are not to be trifled with unless you want your toilet to be a staging ground for repeat fecal rehearsals of "The Red Wedding" from Game of Thrones.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
I love eating Halls, so I learned this lesson firsthand after chowing down a whole bag of sugar-free ones.

OP
OP
Dalek

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
I love eating halls, so I learned this lesson firsthand after chowing down a whole bag of sugar-free ones.

I worked at a computer consulting company and one day I was the only one in the office-I was doing repairs/manning the phone/talking with customers who came into the shop. I bought a bag of sugar free jelly beans and I ate the whole bag while working. About an hour later I had to lock down the entire office and I spent the rest of the day in the employee bathroom. No work was done that day.

Poppy

Oct 25, 2017
richmond, va
transported back in time to the halcyon days of reading mentallyincontinent and zug.com diet food induced poop stories

which reminds me man i sure was into a lot of garbo bro-nerd humor websites

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Coulda sworn we had something like this some years back that also had to do with Haribo

beelulzebub

Oct 25, 2017
Reading Haribo sugar free Amazon reviews is always a guaranteed great time. Why the fuck is sorbitol still used as a sugar substitute? Lmao

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I believe this was a plot point in American Vandal season 2, aka the finest television of all time.

Instro

Oct 25, 2017
Reminds me of the time some guy was having huge bitch fit in the business class lounge because his Haribo had gone missing. Maybe they were to help him poop.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
All sugar-free shit destroys me. The last time I made pancakes I discovered that my maple syrup had molded. I then fished out my diabetic grandmothers sugar-free syrup and chowed down. I shit so much that in end only clear liquid was coming out.

StallionDan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I discovered pretty much 99% of suger free sweets did this years ago when I picked up some diabetic mints. I only ate like 8 and it ruined me.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
Reading Haribo sugar free Amazon reviews is always a guaranteed great time. Why the fuck is sorbitol still used as a sugar substitute? Lmao

It's perfectly safe and tolerable and naturally occurs in fruits like dried stone fruits (i.e. prunes).

You're not supposed to eat an entire bag of just about anything in one sitting, let alone sugar free candy. For instance, the serving size for Haribos is 13 pieces or 1/5 of a 5 oz. bag.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
That first one was grand

Another favourite of mine is the stuff for Veet Hair Removal Cream for Men:
DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS
24 January 2012

Being a loose cannon who does not play by the rules the first thing I did was ignore the warning and smear this all over my knob and bollocks. The bollocks I knew and loved are gone now. In their place is a maroon coloured bag of agony which sends stabs of pain up my body every time it grazes against my thigh or an article of clothing. I am suffering so that you don't have to. Heed my lesson. DO NOT PUT ON KNOB AND BOLLOCKS.

(I am giving this product a 5 because despite the fact that I think my bollocks might fall off, they are now completely hairless.)

kvetcha

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's perfectly safe and tolerable and naturally occurs in fruits like dried stone fruits (i.e. prunes).

You're not supposed to eat an entire bag of just about anything in one sitting, let alone sugar free candy. For instance, the serving size for Haribos is 13 pieces or 1/5 of a 5 oz. bag.

Pretty much. Haribo's position is basically 'stop eating so many goddamn gummy bears.'

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I don't think I've ever seen these anywhere... are they banned from sale in the EU?

APerfectOrganism

Sky Van Gogh
Dec 23, 2018
Washington State
55 gallon drum of lube

Backyard Carnival of Death

I'm a risk analyst for a major insurance firm, so when my wife and I were planning a birthday party for our seven-year-old, Crispin, my mind naturally turned to liabilities. We'd settled on the theme of a "backyard carnival", complete with a swing set, a trampoline, merry-go-round, and a giant Slip `n Slide. So I carefully inspected the equipment for safety. It all seemed sound.

We have a home on a bluff overlooking the ocean. As it happened, on the day of the party our neighbors were trimming their fichus trees. We heard the sound of their wood chipper buzzing occasionally from the other side of our tall hedge. It was a little irritating, but not disruptive.

The party started off wonderfully. A clown we'd hired made balloon animals, Crispin eagerly opened his presents, and all the children enjoyed cake and fruit punch. The weather was mild, the skies clear. It seemed a perfect day.

Then we brought out the Slip `n Slide.

The problem with water slides is what we in the trade call "distributed water deficiency zones", or in layman's terms, dry spots. If a child hits one of these, it can put the brakes on the fun, and send them sliding down a path of medical claims--contusions, concussions, lacerations, abrasions, whiplash, back rash, and disc impaction. And that's just for starters. From there, it's a slippery slope toward major litigation.

To avoid even the remote possibility of such injuries, I invested in this 55 gallon drum of water soluble personal lubricant--the idea being that the children could enjoy the slide in complete safety, then wash off in the hose before their parents came to retrieve them. With that in mind, I dipped each child into the vat before allowing them to cue up for the slide.

The Slip `n Slide itself performed admirably, as did the lubricant. That, in fact, was the problem. Due to the slight downhill gradient of our yard, the children built up so much speed that they skidded across the lawn and into a retaining wall at the other end of our property, with sufficient force that I had to put an end to the activity.

I endeavored to roll up the mat--no easy task, as the lawn surrounding the slide was itself now lubricated, and I struggled to maintain my footing. When I looked up from my labor, I grasped for the first time the scope of the liabilities I had unleashed--a horde of extremely well-lubricated seven-year-olds, hyped up on sugar and desperate for fun.

I saw young Eliza Gimmelman climb onto the trampoline. She began jumping, but the pad soon became so slick that she lost all control. Her wild flailing unfortunately fell into harmonic synchronization with the motion of the springs, propelling her ever higher, until she soared above the trampoline's safety enclosure, over the hedge and into the neighbor's yard. There came a ghastly grinding sound, and I could tell from the crimson plume that followed, it would be a total loss.

Twins Jeremy and Mason Lafferty were on the swing set. Having attained the swings' full range of motion, they were apparently having difficulty holding on. At that point, the swings became human catapults. Mason separated on the backswing, arcing over the roof of our home toward the street beyond. I surmised from the screeching tires, car horns and screams of horror that he was also unrecoverable. A terrified Jeremy soon lost his grip as well, sailing forward over the bluff, and plummeting 300 feet down into the ice-cold, shark-infested waters of the San Francisco Bay. An open claim, but not promising.

The rest of the children were clinging to the merry-go-round. Having just witnessed the violent deaths of at least two of their playmates, they were no longer in the mood for fun. However, the lubricant had dripped from their glistening bodies into the central cog, allowing it to spin far faster than it was designed to, and this, likely combined with other factors--their relative weight distribution, the slight incline of the ground--caused their motion to become self-sustaining, and the centrifugal force built upon itself until they became a blurry, screaming disk of human suffering. Then they began to fly off like cannon balls.

Martin Duckworth was the first to go, causing significant structural damage to our greenhouse. Lisa Aurelio shattered a line of ceramic garden gnomes, and Ethan Green slammed into our Audi Q7 so hard it had to be written off--as, tragically, did he. Several other children left what looked like gingerbread man indentations in the siding of our home. It was terrifying.

When the wheel finally came to a stop, there was only one child aboard. As luck would have it, it was our own beloved Crispin, huddled in the center of the merry-go-round, weeping. My wife ran to him and hugged him with all the might of a relieved, traumatized parent. A little too hard, as it turned out. Lubricated as he was, he shot from her arms like a wet bar of soap, up fifteen feet in the air, landed on the trampoline, and then soared, in a half-gainer, over the hedge, into the wood chipper.

Since then, I've asked myself a thousand times, is there anything I could have done differently? But in the end, no actuary table could have predicted this bloodbath. I can only conclude that this was an act of God. And that, to me, is truly terrifying. Because we're not covered for that.

7,105 people found this helpful

Mammoth Jones

Oct 25, 2017
New York
Yup. Been there. Sugar alcohols are a bitch. I'd rather not eat anything sweet than eat that shit.

Cause I could not stop faring and shitting. It was a bad commute to and from work that day.

Never. Again.

Rand a. Thor

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Greece

The ending will never not get me. The pure look of horror on his face is unmatched, not even that time he had ate an entire Cactus Pot was he this defeated.
55 gallon drum of lube
This is a work of art. Truly magnificent, gave me a laugh while highlighting the absurdity of such a product.

Anyway, this is what happens to me when I drink Diet Coke. I have no idea how humans can actually consume that product from hell, one bottle and I am shitting my ass off the moment my cheeks hit seat.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yeeeah
A lot of Sugar-alcohol based candies have the "LAXATIVE EFFECT" warning... so consumer beware.