Oct 26, 2017
Over the past few weeks, THQ Nordic went from only having a small handful of titles lined up for Switch, and now they have a lot more. I dedicate a thread such as this looking over a publisher that has given Switch a large amount of support. So far I've done this for Koei Tecmo and Nippon Ichi Software, and now I feel THQ Nordic has earned theirs, also making them the first western HQ'd publisher in this series!

Sine Mora EX
Publisher: THQ Nordic
Developer: Digital Reality/Grasshopper Manufacture
Release Date: September 26th, 2017 (NA)

The first game is a remaster of Sine Mora, an originally digital-only game on PS3 and 360 that is a horizontal shmup that was co-developed by fan-favorite developer Grasshopper Manufacture, though the bulk was seemingly done by Digital Reality. This got a retail release on all current-gen consoles which was a neat upgrade.

This is the Police
Developer: Weappy Studio
Release Date: October 24th, 2017 (NA)

The first released current-gen port. Not much to say unfortunately if I'm honest.

Titan Quest
Developer: Iron Lore/Black Forest Games (console ports)
Release Date: July 31st, 2018 (NA)

This is a port of an older PC game by Iron Lore, and was apparently created by one of the founders of Ensemble Studios (Age of Empires).

This is the Police II
Developer: Weappy Studio
Release Date: Autumn 2018 (NA)

Already we're getting a sequel!

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire
Publisher: THQ Nordic/Versus Evil
Developer: Obsidian/Red Cerberus (console ports)
Release Date: Holiday 2018

This was a surprise in that it's a game by Obsidian on a Nintendo system, which I can't remember actually ever happening before. It's mainly being made for PC by Obsidian but Red Cerberus is doing the console ports.

Legend of Kay Anniversary
Developer: Neon Studios/Kaiko (remaster)
Release Date: May 29th, 2018 (NA)

This is a cool game. This is a 3D platformer that was a PS2 game long ago and was developed by the predecessor of Keen Games. And some folks somewhat recently left there to form Kaiko (which funny enough was Neon's predecessor), and did the remaster that even came out on Wii U! Also this was composed by fan favorite Jake Kaufman, who's composed for many of Wayforward's games, Shovel Knight, etc.

de Blob
Developer: Blue Tongue/Blitworks (remaster)
Release Date: June 26th, 2018 (NA)

Just announced is the remaster of the once Wii-exclusive that was "created" by Blue Tongue. I said created as such since the concept was actually by a developer named Banana Games, folks of which would later form Ronimo Games, the creators of Swords & Soldiers!

Battle Chasers: Nightwar
Developer: Airship Syndicate
Release Date: May 15th, 2018 (NA)

Announced alongside Sine Mora EX in the Nintendo Direct last April, it's been a long time coming... and it finally came out over a year later! :P

de Blob 2
Developer: Blue Tongue/Blitworks (remaster)
Release Date: August, 28th, 2018 (NA)

Out not long after the first game on Switch. Nice to see both de Blob games finally on Switch after being completely absent like 6 months ago.

And those are what have been announced! We still have three more that have been rumored via rating boards and retailer listings. I'll just quickly mention them: Elex, Rad Rodgers, and The Raven Remastered.

What are your thoughts on THQ Nordic's Switch line-up and which ones are you interested in getting?

Last edited:

higemaru

Nov 30, 2017
wait wait we're getting a Pillars of Eternity port?

Not really one for CRPGs but only because I'm mostly a console person. Would really like to try it out.

Last edited:

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
It's very nice to see THQ Nordic throwing so much support behind the system. Although I do wonder if their larger titles will be able to make the jump (Such as Biomutant and Darksiders III)

Oct 25, 2017
Not a fan of the ports being late and more expensive, but I've never played De Blob and Titan Quest despite hearing good things about them.
Have TQ pre ordered thanks to an amazon glitch that dropped the price by 40% from awhile back so the price is right

gnilres

Oct 28, 2017
I'm definitely picking up de Blob day one. How is This Is The Police? That box art looks good lol

Aniki

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, their support is great now. I personally will pick up Battle Chasers and Pillars. Never thought the Switch would be getting CRPGs. But it already has two confirmed.

Braaier

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't realize de Blob was coming to Switch. Nice. I never finished it on the Wii. Hope it is a budget title.

Deleted member 11276

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know/care for any of those games. THQ Nordic is pretty much dead for me.

However, a Darksiders 3 port would change that.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
I mean like half of those are ports that came out on other consoles a while ago and are overpriced and frankly not very good. So not really sure if I sure be patting them on the back for that.

Slam Tilt

Jan 16, 2018
Somewhat tempted by Battle Chasers, but I hear it's kind of grindy near the end.

Still mice to see respectable support from THQN. Would be nice to see more of their games on store shelves, especially family-friendly stuff like Legend of Kay and de Blob.

Flandy

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Hold up. Elex is rumored to be coming to Switch? The game already looks janky enough on pc. I'm having trouble imagining what a Switch version would look like
give it to me

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
If THQ Nordic can release the games day and date with PS4 and Xbox One, that would be better. For instance, I was confused as to why de Blob had been announced for PS4 and XB1 and not for Switch at the time since the original was on Wii and did well. It's been since rectified with today's official announcement, but why wasn't it sooner?

OP
OP
Hero of Legend
Oct 26, 2017
Hold up. Elex is rumored to be coming to Switch? The game already looks janky enough on my. I'm having trouble imagining what a Switch version would look like
give it to me

Yep! Via the Brazil rating board:

elex-brazil.png

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Ohh shit This is the Police II is a thing. Nice.

THQ Nordic has and is definitely bringing forward a compelling slew of titles to the system.

Deadfire could be really fantastic if performance and load times can be kept in check.

pixelpatron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Seattle
Really would love for THQ Nordic to announce that Darksiders 1,2 and possibly 3 were heading to Switch. The first Darksiders is amazing and would look incredible on Switch's screen. Make it happen THQ!

bmdubya

Nov 1, 2017
Colorado
I'm definitely picking up de Blob day one. How is This Is The Police? That box art looks good lol

How is this is the police? Thinking of getting that since when I found out it was a visual novel

I've only played a bit on PC, so the game might open up more the further you get, but you play as a police chief that is on his way out. I think you get caught in a scandal or something, and you have a month left on the force. So you pretty much create your legacy. You can leave the force with honor, or you can use your powers to bribe people and accumulate as much wealth as possible before you leave office.

The way the game works is you get a map of the city, and icons pop up with people calling 911. You can decide where to send cops, or not send them at all. You can also make decisions when they get to the call. Like if a suspect starts running from your cops, you can tell your cops to open fire or stand down. That also has an affect on the mental state of your cops. So if they kill someone, they may request a few days off to recover, but then you'll be down a cop.

You have to manage resources, how many cops are on the force, hire new cops, etc. It's a fun little management game. I initially backed it on Kickstarter, but according to steam I've played for a little over 1.5 hours, and it was over 2 years ago, so my memory is a bit spotty. I'm not sure why I stopped playing to be honest, but I may check it out on Switch now that I know it's on there.

EDIT: Oh boy, I didn't realize it was $30! I will probably just reinstall on PC haha

Poison Jam

Nov 6, 2017
I was a fan of the original THQ last gen, and Nordic seem to be on the right track. Still waiting for Battle Chasers on Switch though.

I've been close to buying it on PC, but I really want to see how the Switch port turns out first.

I remember playing, and enjoying Sine Mora on Symbian. Or was it an N-Gage 2.0 title?

How's the framerate of that on Switch?

Jan 11, 2018
It's very nice to see THQ Nordic throwing so much support behind the system. Although I do wonder if their larger titles will be able to make the jump (Such as Biomutant and Darksiders III)

I'm predicting Darksiders III WILL be on Switch. Whether or not it will launch with the other systems is another question though.

tiesto

Oct 27, 2017
Long Island, NY
Pillars of Eternity is the wrpg with the Evilore cameo in it, right? Wonder if the interface will be adapted for the Switch's touchscreen...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Waiting for whenever they'll bring de Blob 2 also over and will pick both up. Loved them!

Deleted member 59

A Darksiders collection would see me buy them for a third time each. That's all i need to make me happy.

Battlechasers was something i was so hyped for, got no confidence in it performing well tbh. Might just buy the ps4 version eventually for dirt cheap.

The Obsidian RPG is a big surprise and something i might buy!