Robotic or Human?

• Robotic

Votes: 111 56.1%
  • Human

Votes: 87 43.9%

• Total voters
Oct 25, 2017
México
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine had an accident and they had to cut his foot. He had some problems at first, but he had therapies and a great prosthetic and how he has a very normal life. But we got into the discussions if he would like to have a robotic foot or a human looking foot in the future, when the tech is there.

Let's say bionic prosthetics become 100% efficient and functional (and I think in the future it will). Would you prefer it to look robotic or human?

WyBfRpq.jpg

Robotic

uJSgX7i.jpg

Human

kadotsu

Oct 25, 2017
Human mostly because of 5000 years of human history of dealing with people that are perceived as the other.

bunbun777

Oct 29, 2017
Nw
Once again a failure of a both option means my true opinion will go unaccounted for. Personally I would enjoy seeing it look robotic, but also would keep it covered, and being able to blend in occasionally would be nice.

Protome

Oct 27, 2017
Robot. I mean, if we get to the point where we can make fully functional bionic limbs, why would we stick with the human looking ones?
I'm sure we could design something better than hands.

Derachi

Oct 27, 2017
For me? Robotic, because I feel like people would be able to tell anyway, but I would never tell someone with a prosthetic they're wrong for wanting it to look as human as possible.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I mean if we can make human looking parts then we could make it look like just about anything. I'm all for some giant reverse joint legs. Hook me up like the strogg from Quake II.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
I'd want something slick, almost apple-esque tbh. Preferable with customization options, but subtle. Like, it's clear it's not a real hand, but it's not in your face.

Wein Cruz

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I want it to look human so that when I eat food out of the garbage people don't wonder why a well-to-do person is doing such a thing.

Deleted member 44129

Banned
May 29, 2018
Assuming that we weren't in some cyberpunk scenario where people mistrusted people with upgrades, if I had a robot arm I'd want it to look bad ass. A rich red metallic sports car type finish, with lots of blinking lights, and cool black tubing. I'd also want a laser pointer in my pointing finger, and a strong vibrating function in my middle finger for.....reasons.

Kneefoil

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on the prosthetic, but say it was just one of my hands or arms like in the pictures, I'd like a robotic one. I think that'd look cool.

Air

User-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Robotic, because it won't look as natural as human flesh, so better to be it's on thing.

Pickman

Nov 20, 2017
Huntington, WV
Depends if they're susceptible to hacking/interference. If someone turns the microwave on while I'm having a wank and I rip my dick off, it's not going to fly.

Young Liar

Nov 30, 2017
Human mostly because of 5000 years of human history of dealing with people that are perceived as the other.

100% this. a lot of humans are already awful about how people look, down to the color of one's skin. let's make it easier for the majority of people who will need it to not have to deal with the problem of being easily visually identified as "having a problem" that awful people will see it as.

Deleted member 1445

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I would say neither. It allows for tons of variety, so let everyone personalize theirs. These limbs look really cool already imagine if they become mainstream when they would actually be better than normal arms.

GenTask

Nov 15, 2017
I would imagine there could be a market for both types if the tech advances like that. A more robotic-look would potentially be more flashy and obvious.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Human.

Don't give the fine people of Earth any other physical attributes they can use to discriminate against. The more subtle it looks, the better for everyone.

Fubar

Oct 25, 2017
Think of the killing that Disney could make for licensing out stuff to look like Winter Soldier or Vader or Iron Man.

We need options. If someone wants to hide it or blend in or whatever, they should be able to.