• Turkey bacon

Votes: 57 60.6%
  • Canadian bacon

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters

malyse

Community Resetter
"I have been betrayed."

That's the sole thought in your head upon seeing the meat shaped disappointment on your breakfast plate. When your [insert proper familial or romantic relation here] said they were making you a special breakfast, you were delighted. When you were informed it would include that holy grail of breakfast meats and international taste sensation Bacon, you were elated. But at your arrival to the breakfast table, you saw not the presence of the meat above all other meats. You found... an IMPOSTER.

The question is then which portends the greater betrayal:
Canadian Bacon
6-oz-cb.png

Or
Turkey Bacon
Img-14.jpg

TL;DR What's worse, turkey bacon or canadian bacon.

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Secret option number 3: American streaky bacon.

Last edited:

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Food threads on Era are fun in that they always play out the exact same way, and yet we (including myself) never learn.

Turkey Bacon, OP.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
Canadian bacon.

Turkey Bacon is basically "diet bacon" . Half the calories, and much like diet soda after awhile you forget it's not the same as "real" bacon.

Canadian bacon is just...wack. That shit only decent on a meat lover's pizza.

D65

Oct 26, 2017
Seriously American bacon is absolutely vile I feel sorry for all of you.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
Canadian bacon is just a piece of ham, it has no right calling itself bacon. It'd be like calling a slice of roast beef as "Canadian Ribeye Steak." Sure, a slice of roast beef comes from a cow and so does ribeye steak; slice of ham comes from a pig and so does bacon. But roast beef aint ribeye steak, and sliced ham aint bacon. That said, I don't dislike Canadian bacon, I find it a perfectly acceptable meat to add to, say, a breakfast sandwich. But, like, if I order a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich, and you give me an egg & cheese sandwich with a slice of ham on it ... I'd eat it... but kinda feel like you tricked me or you're trying to be cute with your misnomers. Just call it a ham and cheese sandwich. Canadian bacon (or back bacon, whatever you want) comes from the same part of the pig that ham comes from, the loin, it's lean like how ham is lean; Bacon comes from the pork belly, it's fatty. They're two different things.

In this debate, though, Canadian bacon is definitely worse than turkey bacon. I don't hate either and I prefer normal bacon to both. If I had to choose one or the other, it'd be turkey bacon every day over sliced ham. Turkey bacon is exactly what it purports to be, a piece of bacon-like-meat but made of turkey meat instead of pork meat. It looks like bacon, it mostly tastes pretty similar to bacon, it is close to the consistency of bacon. Canadian bacon might be from Canada, but it ain't bacon, it's sliced ham.

Last edited:

Oct 30, 2017
that's an argument that american bacon should not be overcooked, not that it is bad

in my experience that's pretty much the defining element of it. weird-ass skinny belly cuts that focus on crispiness rather than actual meat content.

british bacon is the best, let's be clear here.

Pandaman

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Canadian bacon is just a piece of ham, it has no right calling itself bacon. It'd be like calling a slice of roast beef as "Canadian Ribeye Steak." Sure, a slice of roast beef comes from a cow and so does ribeye steak; slice of ham comes from a pig and so does bacon. But roast beef aint ribeye steak, and sliced ham aint bacon. That said, I don't dislike Canadian bacon, I find it a perfectly acceptable meat to add to, say, a breakfast sandwich. But, like, if I order a Bacon, Egg, and Cheese sandwich, and you give me an egg & cheese sandwich with a slice of ham on it ... I'd eat it... but kinda feel like you tricked me or you're trying to be cute with your misnomers. Just call it a ham and cheese sandwich. Canadian bacon (or back bacon, whatever you want) comes from the same part of the pig that ham comes from, the loin, it's lean like how ham is lean; Bacon comes from the pork belly, it's fatty. They're two different things.

In this debate, though, Canadian bacon is definitely worse than turkey bacon. I don't hate either and I prefer normal bacon to both. If I had to choose one or the other, it'd be turkey bacon every day over sliced ham. Turkey bacon is exactly what it purports to be, a piece of bacon-like-meat but made of turkey meat instead of pork meat. It looks like bacon, it mostly tastes pretty similar to bacon, it is close to the consistency of bacon. Canadian bacon might be from Canada, but it ain't bacon, it's sliced ham.
Ham doesn't come from the loin it comes from the ham. Loin is chops. Centre rib and sirloin

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
It'd be nice if this were true, but nah, it isn't. Canadian places sell sliced ham as Canadian bacon.

Hf82g2Z.png

This could only be more Canadian if it were accompanied by a bag o' milk.
This is some fake news shit right here. Tim Hortons doesn't offer Canadian bacon on their sandwiches...and even if they did why you holding them up as some metric of quality

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
This is some fake news shit right here. Tim Hortons doesn't offer Canadian bacon on their sandwiches...and even if they did why you holding them up as some metric of quality

I dunno man, doesn't look like fake news to me

HdPqmiE.png

fOO1oQv.png

Tim Horton the Canadian ambassador to the world

(it's a food thread about goddam bacon. I'm kidding)

hibikase

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
"Canadian bacon" is a dumb made-up US thing that is literally just ham