dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I watched Easy Allies podcast and they had comparison between publishers for 2018 and of all publishers WB was sticking out because they don't have any game announced for 2018 so far. That is so strange if we take in consideration that they have studios like WB Montreal, Rocsteady, Avalanche (not Just Cause Avalanche), Tt Games, NetherRealm, Monolith... They also published Mad Max from Avalanche Studios (yes Just Cause Avalanche) and Dyling Light from Techland so they work with outside developers too.

So it is not like that they don't have work force to release games but we know nothing about their 2018 lineup. Even Take 2 has few things announced. So what is happening with them? Will we even see anything beside Lego games this year from them? Could WB Montreal finally announce something after years of development issues? Or will Rocksteady jump in to save a day? Will WB give another chance to Avalanche for Mad Max 2?

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
They announced lego The Force Awakens in February 2016 and I expect they'll announce lego The Last Jedi around the same time this year.

Deleted member 13550

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They'll most likely announce a new Mortal Kombat.(Which wont release this year tho :s)
I really want to see what Montreal and Rocksteady are up to, i need my DC games. I would love to see a Harry Potter game as well. Anyway, they really need to announce shit.

Zukkoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
They had a soft 2016 as well. By design or not they seem to kind of operate in waves.

Combination of few internal studios and issues at the Montreal studio have resulted in them being unable to consistently fill the calendar every year.

Regarding 2018 specifically, looking at where their studios currently are, I think they will have some major announcements like Mortal Kombat XI and whatever Rocksteady is working on but won't have any really major releases.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
The only thing I can say I'm interested in WB is that new studio they've set up to make AAA Harry Potter games.

What kind of games? WHO KNOWS?! Probably not an RPG for sure!

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
They announced the studio in November and said to expect details very soon. It may be possible that a game has been in the works and could release this year. There's also the AR game releasing this year.

Two mobile games are by outside studios and i really don't think that we will see AAA game from that studio anytime soon.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
Where the fuck is Dying Light 2? Post release support for that game has been nuts so a sequel has to be on the way. With Dead Island dead (no pun) there's a gap waiting to be seized. Only issue is that now they're competing with State of Decay, Overkill Walking Dead, Days Gone, and TLoU2 for zombie game mindshare.

The fact that Montreal's games keep getting cancelled haven't helped WB's output.

Aters

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Publishers announce games late now. We hardly have anything from Nintendo, and nothing from Bethesda.

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
They'll have 2 Lego games no doubt. But it does seem most things will be 2019 (Mortal Kombat, Rocksteady, Dying Light 2 if they own the IP with Techland?). Could've sorely done with a WB Montreal game right about now.

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
There's no way Rocksteady won't have anything to show this year, right?

...right?

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Publishers announce games late now. We hardly have anything from Nintendo, and nothing from Bethesda.

Well there is Quake Champions but in general we know that Bethesda announces games at E3 that will be out before next E3. But they will probably have light year too this year.

With WB you never know. And they had awesome 2015-2016 year with Mad Max, Arkham Knight, Dying Light... They can have good games but they still didn't find right management to fix their schedule.

Green Yoshi

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Cologne (Germany)
What about Bethesda? Don't they have the same problem? I guess 2018 is still to early for The Elder Scrolls VI.

WB Games Montréal could announce a new Batman game at E3.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Shadow of War was announced in the last week of February 2017 and released 7 months later. There is more than enough time for a full blow out of their Holiday release for this year.
I thought the Allies were very naive in this discussion, especially the part where they talked about SEGA and Atlus as two different entities and didn't mention Bethesda at all.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
What about Bethesda? Don't they have the same problem? I guess 2018 is still to early for The Elder Scrolls VI.

New IP is next for BGS. iD has something in the works. Arkane is a two studio team now.

Their E3 should be new Arkane, new BGS, Doom 2, plus whatever VR/Switch ports they're working on the side. Oblivion HD has been widely requested and seems like a no-brainer.

GustyGardens

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping they release another Dying Light. I've had a ton of fun with the first game, and the games constant update have been really exciting. The game has plenty of room for improvement. I'd like to see them continue on with the series.

I like Batman a lot, but I want Rocksteady to take on another hero. I would love for them to make a game based on the Green Arrow.

Oct 26, 2017
New IP is next for BGS. iD has something in the works. Arkane is a two studio team now.

Their E3 should be new Arkane, new BGS, Doom 2, plus whatever VR/Switch ports they're working on the side. Oblivion HD has been widely requested and seems like a no-brainer.

Arkane and id released games in 2016, I don't think they'll have new games ready until 2019.

And I don't know if BGS can do a new IP in three years either and that seems more like 2019 also.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017

Bethesda also has Battlecry studio. But there is chance that they will skip E3 this year and come back next one with better lineup if they decide to have off year with very little releases.

I am sure that we will see game or two from Avalanche Studios (Just Cause) but who will publish it/them that is in question. And now that Techland is publishing company too Dying Light could be self published. Rocksteady or WB Montreal game reveal really should be safe bet for this year.

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
I'm pretty excited for whatever Avalanche has got int the pot.

I've said this in another thread but they should really try to dig deep into their film catalog and try to make game franchises out of them. Batman, LotR, and Mad Max are a good start, but I believe there is potential to be had in other films.

I imagine gamers are far more receptive to a new installment of Blade Runner than your average movie goer. Harry Potter, which never really had a standout game, could use another try. Classic films like Dirty Harry, Enter the Dragon, Heat, Ocean's 11, would all make great action games, although whether they have commercial potential is a different matter.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty excited for whatever Avalanche has got int the pot.

I've said this in another thread but they should really try to dig deep into their film catalog and try to make game franchises out of them. Batman, LotR, and Mad Max are a good start, but I believe there is potential to be had in other films.

I imagine gamers are far more receptive to a new installment of Blade Runner than your average movie goer. Harry Potter, which never really had a standout game, could use another try. Classic films like Dirty Harry, Enter the Dragon, Heat, Ocean's 11, would all make great action games, although whether they have commercial potential is a different matter.

They first need to fix their management issues.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Rocksteady feels like the only studio that's actually ready outside of more LEGO games. They've been ramping up their public presence, and had a bunch of two year contract jobs go up around two years ago.

Outside of that, I imagine Dying Light 2 will be a Q1 2019 game, given that Techland heavily implied they'll be announcing it at E3.

It seems like it will be a pretty quiet year for the publisher, especially if Rocksteady doesn't actually show up.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
NRS is gonna drop a sexy ass cg trailer for MK11. And then we'll see a first look at E3. I'm already counting down the days til then lol.

Oct 26, 2017
Rocksteady new project will be their 2018 game, i'm not seeing Dying Light 2 this year.

I think WB will be active in 2019, MK XI, Dying Light 2, A new Batman/WB Montreal game?

Paganmoon

Oct 26, 2017
Really hoping for some news from Rocksteady, hopefully a new Batman game (or Wonder Woman game in the same genre). Hopefully not multiplayer/online only.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Rocksteady feels like the only studio that's actually ready outside of more LEGO games. They've been ramping up their public presence, and had a bunch of two year contract jobs go up around two years ago.

Outside of that, I imagine Dying Light 2 will be a Q1 2019 game, given that Techland heavily implied they'll be announcing it at E3.

It seems like it will be a pretty quiet year for the publisher, especially if Rocksteady doesn't actually show up.

As I said Techland is now publishing company and I think that they own IP still so they could potentially ditch WB as a publisher.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Have been hoping for Mad Max 2 but that's probably not going to happen. Is Dying Light 2 still happening? Three years after the release of the base game and with free DLC throughout 2017 makes me think that a sequel isn't going to happen.

Nirolak

Oct 25, 2017
Have been hoping for Mad Max 2 but that's probably not going to happen. Is Dying Light 2 still happening? Three years after the release of the base game and with free DLC throughout 2017 makes me think that a sequel isn't going to happen.
It sold over 8 million copies. There will definitely be a sequel. The free DLC is just a teaser up to the reveal of the sequel, which is why it ends at E3.

Ethifury

Dec 4, 2017

Another Direct is on the horizon, but I agree about Bethesda.

Betting we see Rocksteady's new title and whatever WB Montréal is working on. One of them better be Superman.

No we didn't. Probably is for either Rocksteady, WB Montréal or Avalanche.

Could be a Justice League game to combat Square Enix's Avengers Project which is also supposed to have details this year.

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It sold over 8 million copies. There will definitely be a sequel. The free DLC is just a teaser up to the reveal of the sequel, which is why it ends at E3.

Nice. I knew the game sold well and 8m is higher than I thought but regardless, I was always expecting a sequel but with them releasing free DLC throughout 2017, I thought that any chance of a sequel wasn't going to happen. I'm happy that im wrong though. Another game to look forward to at E3 and when it releases. Thanks.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
Where the fuck is Dying Light 2? Post release support for that game has been nuts so a sequel has to be on the way. With Dead Island dead (no pun) there's a gap waiting to be seized. Only issue is that now they're competing with State of Decay, Overkill Walking Dead, Days Gone, and TLoU2 for zombie game mindshare.

The fact that Montreal's games keep getting cancelled haven't helped WB's output.

yeah i thought dying light 2 was a sure thing last E3. i guess they're kind of in a rough spot with it since like every game is a zombie game now and the first game had the advantage of being one of the first legit current gen games

bulletyen

Nov 12, 2017
They first need to fix their management issues.
Yeah for sure. The rumors flying around that WB Montreal was working on a Suicide Squad game, which was canned for a Damian Wayne game, then also canned for now some Justice League or GaaS game or something does not reflect well on the managment.

osnameless

Jan 13, 2018
I am still eagerly waiting for new announcements from WB Montreal, the makes of Arkham Origins, and Rocksteady.
Arkham Origins was a great game, and I wanna see what the folks at WB Montreal are up to currently.

Also, a new Mortal Kombat game, even though I hope they take things in a slightly different approach than X.

OP
OP
dex3108

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah for sure. The rumors flying around that WB Montreal was working on a Suicide Squad game, which was canned for a Damian Wayne game, then also canned for now some Justice League or GaaS game or something does not reflect well on the managment.

They need to fix their management in general to spread out their releases.