Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018

Context:
  • Mica Burton joined Rooster Teeth and sub-division Achievement Hunter in 2016
  • On one of their podcast shows 'Off Topic' she talked about being black and bisexual
  • The Rooster Teeth community reacted badly to it
  • Afterwards Mica was shifted from Achievement Hunter to The Know then left the company
  • Today her tweets mention she wasn't supported by Rooster Teeth at all as she was "abandoned, blacklisted, ignored, and most of all not believed. When "is your dad going to hate us now" was a bigger concern than my wellbeing, I knew I had to go." - link

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Shit has come out about this scummy company for fucking years now. Shut these assholes down already.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
God damn it. Company should have backed her up, I can't imagine how frustrated and alone she felt.

Deleted member 2533

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The sentence is "failed you and your right to work in an environment absent blatant racism" you can't break it up in that way in the title and preserve meaning.

Oct 25, 2017
That movie they made with funds, Laser Team I believe it was called, from that Indiegogo campaign has an insane amount of gay panic humor.

Dan L

Tried to PM someone for a tag
Oct 28, 2017
Regina, Saskatchewan
Fuck Rooster teeth I have hated them for years and more and more horrible shit keeps coming out.
I feel so sorry Mica had to go through that.

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
That first quote in the thread title isn't really giving off the effect you may want it to.

With that said, Rooster Teeth has been known for this, so fuck them.

Stooge

Oct 29, 2017
RT seems like a bunch of 4chan bros that think things that are funny are ok no matter what.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
In related news, Joel (voiced Caboose on Red vs Blue) was recently let go from RT for just... being a right-wing nut unfortunately.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
The title feels misleading. It's Mica who calls out Rooster Teeth. LeVar is just supporting his daughter.

Choppasmith

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Beaumont, CA
I pretty much only know them for Gen Lock but yeah it seems like everything about them is shit. Wish there was a way HBO MAX could give the series to another studio.

JEH

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
RT is run by a bunch of guys that act like they're still freshmen in college so I'm not surprised when I hear more and more bad things about them.

The Hobo

Oct 27, 2017
You should have led with Mica tweets. She's the one who called them out, not her father.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
dam levar burton's daughter worked at rooster teeth? guess i need to dust off the rock i'v been living under

as for RT itself i was never a super fan nor a hater... just a thing that i watched because what else do i have going on

OP
OP

Iacomus

Dec 26, 2018
Title seems a bit backwards since she's telling her story.

What a weird thread title framing.

The sentence is "failed you and your right to work in an environment absent blatant racism" you can't break it up in that way in the title and preserve meaning.

I don't make threads often so I'm sorry about the thread title. I wanted to highlight what Levar said as I follow him on twitter but felt it was too long for a thread title.

If a mod wants make the title flow better please do edit it. I did not mean to cause confusion.

SilentMike03

Oct 27, 2017
I only know Mica from her time on Critical Role and she seems like the sweetest person on the planet. This is fucked.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
Iacomus he's saying "the right to work in an environment absent blatant racism" meaning "without blatant racism"

So hes just calling them out for "blatant racism"

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, he was known for being awful in general for a while. Didn't he get accused of stalking someone who worked there, too?

Possibly. I know that he said Jack's Leftist friends would burn his house down, that Gavin Free (Rooster Teeth/Slow Mo Guys) should be taught about gun control by having his house broken into, that John McCain should die, and a whole host of racist shit on Twitter.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Poor Mica. I've been hearing bad stuff about RT for years but more and more of it is becoming public lately. The world doesn't need more nerd-centric companies that protect toxic culture.

Hopefully being free of them leads her to bigger and better opportunities.

This feels like the third time in a few months bad shit has come out regarding RT.

Few months? I feel like some other stuff came out YESTERDAY.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
I loved red v blue way back in the day is it still the same people that ran that small little machinima?
Sucks the people always disappoint

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
I think Rooster Teeth has definitely improved their optics and ideology views since 4 years ago when the Mica incident happened. It sucks that she had to go through that.
Yesterday they did a whole episode of their podcast about BLM, their store joined the blackout and instead had sites where to donate, and in general they've also been very supportive of LGBT+ and race issues. Not excusing what happened that time, but I don't think it's representative of the current RT. I do wonder if this incident made them realize.

Mesoian

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 28, 2017
Wait, what did he say about RT?

It was more about them being fake corporate shills during Fallout 4's promotion rather than them being bad people, but he's still right.

jeff.zone

The 3/5 fallout post you answered recently was regarding rooster teeth. They spent 10 min or so on

I’m not super familiar with Rooster Teeth’s output. Aren’t they the same crew that produced a series of videos about Fallout 4 that were brought to you by Fallout 4? Because that’s certainly where I’d go for honest opinions about Fallout 4...

Squarehard

Oct 27, 2017
I don't make threads often so I'm sorry about the thread title. I wanted to highlight what Levar said as I follow him on twitter but felt it was too long for a thread title.

If a mod wants make the title flow better please do edit it. I did not mean to cause confusion.
I think if you just remove the, "absent blatant racism" and, part it will flow better. "absent blatant racism" is a good thing, as it implies that there aren't any.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
I don't know what a Rooster Teeth is, but if it got Levar Burton pissed off then fuck them.

tumblr_pj0wdwuyJL1ue42huo1_250.gifv