2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
I just want to say - we all know how awesome the C9 is and I've used it for all of an hour today and can already see how good it is... but I just want to say how much I love the remote/control - it weird reminds me of the Wii in terms of interfacing but it feels sleeker and more responsive than the Wii was. Works great just as a standard non-motion too. I'm impressed with all facets of the tv so far and I've not even done a deep dive into games yet.

Try a game you've spent 100s of hours on.

For me the difference in image quality was really obvious on Doom(1993).

noomi

Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
I did it! Bought the 55" CX model today. Going to pick up in a few hours, super excited to hook it up and start playing with it tonight!

Danexmurder

Oct 27, 2017
Frederick, MD
My man! Still loving my B6 from way back too. I've been waiting for a reason to upgrade. I thought the CX would do it but I may hold out for 12 bit panels. Not sure if it is necessary though. Has anybody made the jump from the 6 series to the newer series? Worth it?

Raiden

Nov 6, 2017
I was in the boat for the new CX but with that hdmi 2.1 fiasco I'm not sure.

Its main use would be PC gaming on it, and I just want to do 4K 120hz at the lowest latency on an Oled.
Is the CX still the prior choice? Or is the C9 actually better, I don't care that it's 1k more, I just want the best.

Not that I'm rich, 1K is alot of money but I just value a good set alot.

BreakAtmo

Nov 12, 2017
Australia

Its main use would be PC gaming on it, and I just want to do 4K 120hz at the lowest latency on an Oled.
Is the CX still the prior choice? Or is the C9 actually better, I don't care that it's 1k more, I just want the best.

The C9 definitely isn't better - though it could be argued that the extra features on the CX aren't worth it. It includes stuff like 120hz BFI that can't be used alongside VRR/G-Sync (so you'd only use it when your framerates are locked) and AI image enhancements that would probably be turned off in Game Mode.

Proc

Oct 25, 2017
It sounds like the hdmi 2.1 limitation is a non-issue given the fact that this panel (nor the C/B9) can't even reproduce 12 bit @ 120hz anyway..

In summary, it seems like if you can get a good deal on the C9 (which I can't currently), just go with the C10 unless if the price difference is too extreme.

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
Are LG the current kings of TVs? I'm still happy with my 55" B6 from 4 years ago.

I think Sony OLEDs in general are actually considered better than LGs because they do better picture processing, but this really is more for movies than games since you want to turn that processing off. They also cost more and most won't want to pay the difference and for some weird reason, their 2020 sets still don't offer HDMI 2.1. So the thing that's putting LG on top right now is just the HDMI 2.1 features, but once Sony adds that, it should be in Sony's favor again.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
It sounds like the hdmi 2.1 limitation is a non-issue given the fact that this panel (nor the C/B9) can't even reproduce 12 bit @ 120hz anyway..

In summary, it seems like if you can get a good deal on the C9 (which I can't currently), just go with the C10 unless if the price difference is too extreme.

And even then, HDMi 2.1 supports the same compression that is used in Displayport, so you can actually send a 12bi4 444 120hz signal qith only 18gbps
Not that there is any need to.

Here is the chart we used in our video from yesterday

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019
I did it! Bought the 55" CX model today. Going to pick up in a few hours, super excited to hook it up and start playing with it tonight!

Awesome! Welcome to the club.

Not much of a fiasco at the end of the day because neither set is even capable of using the full 48 bandwidth. Good news for those with AMD cards is it's still confirmed to get Freesync support, which is unknown for the C9.

The main difference between the 2 sets is the more advanced processor for AI upscaling plus other features like Dolby Vision IQ.

The real reason I went with the CX model is because the price difference wasn't too much, I got a heck of a deal.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I did read that the CRU trick works to force enable Freesync on the C9. So no doubt it works on the C10 too

Operations

Oct 29, 2017
Ended up buying the 77'' GX. Question: I currently own the 65'' E7, can I re-use the same wall mount?

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2017
EvilBoris, I want to thank you for your video about the CX and its 40Gbps limit. I just bought the 77" CX and almost had a heart attack when I heard the news but your breakdown saved my sanity.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
EvilBoris, I want to thank you for your video about the CX and its 40Gbps limit. I just bought the 77" CX and almost had a heart attack when I heard the news but your breakdown saved my sanity.

Good. That was kinda what it was for, just to put it in perspective. It's pretty crappy they got it wrong or are huge liars (if you are inclined to believe they would intentionally risk a class action lawsuit), but thankfully it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Kyle Cross

Oct 25, 2017
Good. That was kinda what it was for, just to put it in perspective. It's pretty crappy they got it wrong or are huge liars (if you are inclined to believe they would intentionally risk a class action lawsuit), but thankfully it's not the end of the world.
My only concern is Nvidia and their stupid decision to only allow 8bit and 12bit at 444/RGB, and not 10bit. Surely this is something Nvidia will fix? It doesn't make any sense.

Do you recommend a C9 or spend $300 more on a CX? I was leaning towards a C9, but the FlatPanelsHD review mentioned the C9 has flashing artifacts when transitioning out of black as well as near black banding that the CX fixes.

Dynamic3

Oct 31, 2017
Uh, is my B7 dying?

iS6ZvM8.jpg

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm so torn and need help lol.

So I decided to go for the C9 while they are down in prices since I play on console only, so CX is not necessary for me.

Am I right in thinking that they are currently selling their lasts models of C9 and there will be no restock? I can buy a 55 C9 today for 1340€, however everywhere I look the 65 C9 is out of stock. Is there a point in searching for a 65 or should I go straight for the 55 before it also goes out of stock?

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
I really wonder if i should buy a C9 55 for about 1.300€ now, or wait if i get lucky and get a good deal on an CX 55, which is about 2.100€ now... 4K120 with Gsync will be possible on a C9 with an future update + HDMI 2.1 right? Because i will upgrade my GPU with the next Nvidia refresh and 4K120 Gsync is a must for me.

raketenrolf

Oct 28, 2017
Germany
I really wonder if i should buy a C9 55 for about 1.300€ now, or wait if i get lucky and get a good deal on an CX 55, which is about 2.100€ now... 4K120 with Gsync will be possible on a C9 with an future update + HDMI 2.1 right? Because i will upgrade my GPU with the next Nvidia refresh and 4K120 Gsync is a must for me.
Should be possible already but there are no 2.1 HDMI GPUs out at the moment so nobody can test it.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
So I bought the C9 55, it was the exposition model so I got it even cheaper. However I have a small issue, I hope someone will be able to help me.

As it was an exposition model, they reinitialized it. The guy told me that I would have to pair the remote by pressing Home and Back for 5 seconds.

When I turn the TV, it asks me to click OK and sends me to the setting menu. remote works, I can navigate the menus and stuff, but when I click the wheel which is apparently the OK button ,I get a message "this remote is not supported by this TV". Pressing home and back for 10 seconds doesn't do anything, and I can't exit this menu. This is highly frustrating as for the moment I can't use the tv lol . Any ideas?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
anyone have experience with open box satisfactory models at best buy? I found a c9 about an hour away that they have for $899. 55 inch. Tried to call them to see if they had notes on why it was satisfactory but nobody answering.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
anyone have experience with open box satisfactory models at best buy? I found a c9 about an hour away that they have for $899. 55 inch. Tried to call them to see if they had notes on why it was satisfactory but nobody answering.

It's a crapshoot. Some people are getting ones with <100 hours usage, some are getting ones with thousands with burn in galore. I think i saw someone get one with a bent corner, haha.

You can't really test it either, just gotta pick it up and test it at home.

It's up to you if you want to gamble with it. Can always just return it if it's a dud.

Here's the thread on slickdeals about it: https://slickdeals.net/f/14023220-b...40-off-open-box-price-starting-05-04-ymmv?v=1

and lots of posts on r/oled too. good luck! if you do get a keeper, get the warranty from bestbuy because it's one of the only ones that cover burn in, for you can use your TV worry free.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
It's a crapshoot. Some people are getting ones with <100 hours usage, some are getting ones with thousands with burn in galore. I think i saw someone get one with a bent corner, haha.

You can't really test it either, just gotta pick it up and test it at home.

It's up to you if you want to gamble with it. Can always just return it if it's a dud.

Here's the thread on slickdeals about it: https://slickdeals.net/f/14023220-b...40-off-open-box-price-starting-05-04-ymmv?v=1

and lots of posts on r/oled too. good luck! if you do get a keeper, get the warranty from bestbuy because it's one of the only ones that cover burn in, for you can use your TV worry free.

damn!! I could have gotten it 40% off? haha Ended yesterday.

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
This has been the greatest roller coaster of my life, I still don't know which one I should buy lol

lg b6 upgrading to either CX/C9 65" console only gaming, I was under the impression I needed 2.1 and the new hotness but also I don't at all?

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
This has been the greatest roller coaster of my life, I still don't know which one I should buy lol

lg b6 upgrading to either CX/C9 65" console only gaming, I was under the impression I needed 2.1 and the new hotness but also I don't at all?

If I am understanding this all, you "need" 2.1, but the C9 and CX both have 2.1 and will be plenty fine with a PS5 or XsX.

If you are going to PC game, you should lean towards the CX...but if you are straight console, a C9 will be great and cheaper

Is that a very simplistic view of things right now?

nillapuddin

Oct 25, 2017
If I am understanding this all, you "need" 2.1, but the C9 and CX both have 2.1 and will be plenty fine with a PS5 or XsX.

If you are going to PC game, you should lean towards the CX...but if you are straight console, a C9 will be great and cheaper

Is that a very simplistic view of things right now?
Yes, I love you, thanks

I will now refresh slickdeals every minute in perpetuity

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
So I was never ale to pair that stupid remote lol, had to connect a mouse in usb to get pass the initial setting menu and be able to connect the tv to my app obn my phone.

Never gonna understand what happened lol, remote works for everything except the OK button :(

On another note, connecting my ps4 on this thing was insane, games look nuts lol

shnitzel

Dec 3, 2017
I did it... i just bought the cx55... was 250€ off from the retail price... I never paid so much for a tv, i feel kinda bad now lol.

Iron Eddie

Banned
Nov 25, 2019

I did it... i just bought the cx55... was 250€ off from the retail price... I never paid so much for a tv, i feel kinda bad now lol.
That's good. I was going to say earlier that if it was 800€ difference there is no way I would recommend getting the CX. But if you got it on sale then that's much better. I got a great deal too which is why I went with the CX model. You will also likely get longer update support on the CX as well.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Just ordered a 55" CX from Amazon. Should have it by Monday.
There was NO WAY I could wait on the 48", for just $300 more for a 55" I can get now? SOLD.
I'm SO hyped.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I'm so torn and need help lol.

So I decided to go for the C9 while they are down in prices since I play on console only, so CX is not necessary for me.

Am I right in thinking that they are currently selling their lasts models of C9 and there will be no restock? I can buy a 55 C9 today for 1340€, however everywhere I look the 65 C9 is out of stock. Is there a point in searching for a 65 or should I go straight for the 55 before it also goes out of stock?
If you dont get an answer here you could try avforums, they have some pretty good user/buyer threads.

Note - some users are super picky and if you read about issues you'll not buy any TV ever, and just watch a blank wall! So don't read too much into the odd niggle.

www.avforums.com

OLED & QD-OLED TVs Forum

Discussions about organic LED (OLED) including QD-OLED (quantum dot OLED) televisions and technology

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
If you dont get an answer here you could try avforums, they have some pretty good user/buyer threads.

Note - some users are super picky and if you read about issues you'll not buy any TV ever, and just watch a blank wall! So don't read too much into the odd niggle.

www.avforums.com

OLED & QD-OLED TVs Forum

Discussions about organic LED (OLED) including QD-OLED (quantum dot OLED) televisions and technology
Hey thanks, I ended up getting the c9 55 which is so damn awesome, perfect upgrade from my 49UH61, going OLED is indeed a game changer :)

Only negative is I cant pair the magic remote, looked online and tried everything that apparently worked for others but doesnt work from me :( good thing the mobile app works perfectly but still, I'd like to be able to use the remote ^^

Necromanti

Oct 25, 2017
When I turn the TV, it asks me to click OK and sends me to the setting menu. remote works, I can navigate the menus and stuff, but when I click the wheel which is apparently the OK button ,I get a message "this remote is not supported by this TV". Pressing home and back for 10 seconds doesn't do anything, and I can't exit this menu. This is highly frustrating as for the moment I can't use the tv lol . Any ideas?
That sounds very strange. I have no idea about anything like this, but did they give you an older model of remote or something?

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
That sounds very strange. I have no idea about anything like this, but did they give you an older model of remote or something?
Not that older, it was a new tv that was sold but returned immediatly because it didnt fit, went into exposition for 2 weeks and then lockdown happened, they turned it back on monday when the shop reopened and the day I bought it.
Went to the store, dude reinitialized the tv using the magic remote and it worked fine, he told me once i get back home I should pair the remotz again pressing back and home for 5 secs. This never worked ^^
Tried everything, but everytime the pairing fails. Remote works for everything except the pointer and the ok button

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Do you recommend a C9 or spend $300 more on a CX? I was leaning towards a C9, but the FlatPanelsHD review mentioned the C9 has flashing artifacts when transitioning out of black as well as near black banding that the CX fixes.

It was a tough choice for me. AV1 decoding, or DTS?
I wanted this as a Gaming/PC display, so the 48" had my eye.
But buy the 55" now, or wait for the 48" that might get sold out day one before I even know it's up for sale?
And the extra $300...

Either way, I went with the 55" CX. Can't wait for Monday.

EDIT: Suddenly, UPS wants to be all uber responsible, and it's coming today!

Last edited:

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone with the 55 or 65 CX tell me how far from the bottom of the TV the VESA Mounting holes are please? Getting either the 55 or 65 shortly and need to know before buying if i have to move my existing wall mount to accommodate it, as the holes look a bit lower than my current tv.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
Can anyone with the 55 or 65 CX tell me how far from the bottom of the TV the VESA Mounting holes are please? Getting either the 55 or 65 shortly and need to know before buying if i have to move my existing wall mount to accommodate it, as the holes look a bit lower than my current tv.

Does this image help?

71FlyULtuPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
Does this image help?

71FlyULtuPL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

thanks for that, but I could do with measurements so I can work out where on my wall they would be in relation to where I've got my wall mount currently as I'm going from a 49" to either the 55 or 65 and I think if i put this on as it is now (given that the holes look lower than my current tv) it might end up being too high.

SikSlayer

Oct 27, 2017
thanks for that, but I could do with measurements so I can work out where on my wall they would be in relation to where I've got my wall mount currently as I'm going from a 49" to either the 55 or 65 and I think if i put this on as it is now (given that the holes look lower than my current tv) it might end up being too high.

Ironically, my 55" CX JUST NOW came in.

imgur.com

LG 55" CX OLED

Imgur: The magic of the Internet

Gimme a few and I can measure.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017

you will need to move the mount. They are several inches lower down