Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
fbk8cgvvsaia6a-formatajer3.jpg

Platforms: Xbox, Playstation, & PC
Price: Standard $59.99, Deluxe $69.99
Release Date: Early Access Sept. 15th, 2023, Standard Access Sept. 18th, 2023

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVnVNGKEufk

About This Game

You are a puppet created by Geppetto who's caught in a web of lies with unimaginable monsters and untrustworthy figures standing between you and the events that have befallen the world of Lies of P.

You are awakened by a mysterious voice that guides you through the plagued city of Krat - a once lively place that has been poisoned by madness and bloodlust. In our soulslike, you must adapt yourself and your weapons to face untold horrors, untangle the unfathomable secrets of the city's elites and choose whether to confront predicaments with the truth or weave lies to overcome them on the journey to find yourself.

a9823abcd511b4a85e7ev8ckk.webp

A DARKLY ELEGANT AND CRUEL WORLD

Unearth the secrets of the city of Krat – a place soaked in the style of the Belle Epoque era which once thrived due to its puppet industry and now sees its streets covered in blood.

BATTLE WITH TWISTED INSTRUMENTS

Develop a unique combat style to counter vicious enemies and terrain by weaving together dynamic weapon combinations, utilizing the Legion Arms, and activating new abilities.

WHAT'S IN A LIE?

There will be times when you will be confronted with choices where you can give comfort to others in sorrow or despair by lying…or you can choose to tell the truth. Carve your own path.

A CLASSIC REIMAGINED

Experience the beloved fairy tale of Pinocchio reinterpreted as a dark, grim narrative that allows players to discover the secrets and symbols hidden within the world of Lies of P.

gifs-from-the-lies-of-p-steam-page-v0-f01ime11hggb1.gif

Fiery Phoenix

Oct 26, 2017
Is the demo still available? I got my ass handed back to me when I tried it out but I never really properly spent time on it.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
This is not the OT title(s) I was expecting

Anyways, always had a good feeling about the game. Blasphemous to say, but Bloodborne is too creepy for me, but I'm interested in this thanks to Game Pass, so I'll definitely check it out at some point

Renteka-Bond

Chicken Chaser
Dec 28, 2017
Clearwater, Florida
Grabbed the Deluxe to play it over the next week on Steam Deck since I'll be out of town, really looking forward to it. Always had a good feeling about this one, but I've also liked a lot of the Soulslikes people don't like (like Code Vein and Dark Souls 2).

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Grant Us Lies is still a better OT title but I don't mind this one either, thanks Jawmuncher!

Looking forward to playing this tonight when the PS5 version unlocks. I'm ready.

Gonzito

Banned
Apr 5, 2022
Spain
Let's go. I just started the game on pc and it's really well optimized. 4k and 120fps with a rtx4070ti

HDR on pc is a little bit washout tho, I am waiting for people's impressions to see how to fix it

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
I'm typically rubbish at these games, but I played the demo and was pleasantly surprised by not only the art style, but the gameplay and the wonderful performance on PC. I was getting 100+ without even using upscaling, turning on DLSS just served to lock it at 144fps.

Definitely worth playing if you're even slightly interested in these types of games.

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone have good recommended settings for Deck? Seems like it runs very well locked down at 40 with a mix of medium and high.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not particularly good at playing Soulslike games, but I'm very excited to give this game a go, especially after playing the demo a couple months back.

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Have fun with early access. Won't be getting my physical copy until probably Wednesday.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Powerpyx has been uploading boss fight videos, I watched a few of them. Seems they are just easily able to tank some of them. Not a lot of dodging or parry going on. Just standing there getting hit and healing over and over. I struggled with the demo a lot and didn't even finish it, but I want to give the full game a try

Dan-o

Oct 25, 2017
So excited for this. Had a blast with the demo.

On Xbox, can you buy the Deluxe bit as an add-on since the game is on Game Pass, or do you have to buy the full Deluxe?

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Will give it a whirl when it's live on game pass since the reviews look surprisingly good. Don't think I ended up trying the demo in the end, think I just forgot about it.

Oct 27, 2017
is there any way to turn off the hud element that shows what the buttons do on the right side? Super annoying...

EDIT: watching footage looks like it goes away after the opening.