CommodoreKong

Oct 25, 2017
Nice we're getting really close to the final episode.
I also got volume 2 of the Life is Strange graphic novel in the mail the other day, I'm looking forward to reading it this weekend.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Final key art and title for the episode 5 revealed:

"Every decision Sean has made, every lesson Daniel has learned, every friend and foe they've met along the way: they've all been leading to this. "

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Episode 3...

I like the game, but some of these things really kinda take me out of it. Especially....

Merrill using his shotgun on Finn, really? Surely there was another way to handle this situation? Just seemed totally out of the blue and out of place. And yes I get it, the people he deals with are worse but it has very little to do with the decision whether to kill Finn or not, nah, not feeling this part at all.

And christ, Daniel, a cool kid and all but can he only fuck shit up constantly for Sean who tries his best to keep things together? The dude is really annoying the shit out of me to be honest, damn.

Also, mindlessly going to his house, not even the knowing the combination of the safe, really guys?

Don't know, but kinda sloppy writing there.

Surprised actually that I seem to be the only one that found that particular part to be very....out there.

Last edited:

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Just finished episode 4, getting real sick and tired of some stuff.

As soon as we learned about a church I just knew they were gonna go with the crazy cult thing. I don't want to go say this isn't realistic at all, because I mean, plenty isn't realistic in these games, but this was just dumb to be honest. But ok...

So we get to talk to Daniel again, of course he's going to say he doesn't want to come with Sean. Who cares that he fucking escaped the hospital, is now a fugitive, on top of that assault and grand theft auto. He doesn't know those details, I know, but can that dude be a little more grateful?

Then later on when Sean and Karen are there and it's time for Daniel to come along he just uses his power on Sean, what the fuck boy? Then he watches on as that piece of shit Nicholas beats the crap out of Sean and getting close to killing him, taking your sweet time there boy, huh? Use those damn powers already.

Also wasn't a fan at all of how Sean was apologizing that he was a bad brother, never looked out for him and what not. Nah my dude, you did all you could. Apparently that's the devs way of telling me I didn't raise him right, lol.

Really wish the church was just that, a church that accepted Daniel and took him under its wing, not this crazy cult stuff that reminded me of FC5. But ah well.

Hope the finale is longer and I hope it's good. But there's no way it can top the first one anymore, just no way for me.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
Just finished episode 4, getting real sick and tired of some stuff.

As soon as we learned about a church I just knew they were gonna go with the crazy cult thing. I don't want to go say this isn't realistic at all, because I mean, plenty isn't realistic in these games, but this was just dumb to be honest. But ok...

So we get to talk to Daniel again, of course he's going to say he doesn't want to come with Sean. Who cares that he fucking escaped the hospital, is now a fugitive, on top of that assault and grand theft auto. He doesn't know those details, I know, but can that dude be a little more grateful?

Then later on when Sean and Karen are there and it's time for Daniel to come along he just uses his power on Sean, what the fuck boy? Then he watches on as that piece of shit Nicholas beats the crap out of Sean and getting close to killing him, taking your sweet time there boy, huh? Use those damn powers already.

Also wasn't a fan at all of how Sean was apologizing that he was a bad brother, never looked out for him and what not. Nah my dude, you did all you could. Apparently that's the devs way of telling me I didn't raise him right, lol.

Really wish the church was just that, a church that accepted Daniel and took him under its wing, not this crazy cult stuff that reminded me of FC5. But ah well.

Hope the finale is longer and I hope it's good. But there's no way it can top the first one anymore, just no way for me.

-Daniel has no reason to come with Sean.He has a home now,a familiy (kinda) and a friend of his age,and he never really wanted to go to Puerto Lobos.
-Daniel actually hugs Sean and says that he's sorry about what happened in the weed farm.
-And finally,Daniel has been brainwashed by the cult.Sean is actually very lucky that Daniel can still recognise him.

Also Daniel never used his power on Sean in episode 4 in my playthrough.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
-Daniel has no reason to come with Sean.He has a home now,a familiy (kinda) and a friend of his age,and he never really wanted to go to Puerto Lobos.
-Daniel actually hugs Sean and says that he's sorry about what happened in the weed farm.
-And finally,Daniel has been brainwashed by the cult.Sean is actually very lucky that Daniel can still recognise him.

Also Daniel never used his power on Sean in episode 4 in my playthrough.

That's interesting, and I wonder where my teaching went wrong.

The third time he saw Sean he just pushes him away with his power.

Also when Lisbeth is blocking the door my only option for Sean was to shoot (not threaten) and the option for Daniel was only to kill her. But I honestly don't feel bad about it, this woman went as far as to repeatedly tell Nicholas to shoot Sean...i mean..

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
So how good is this in comparison to the original?

It's definitely good and I like the two main characters for sure. But some happenings in this game take me out of it. I can't tell them because obviously those are spoilers. But overall I just digged the first game more.

One of the reasons for that is that the time power was really damn cool there.

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018
That's interesting, and I wonder where my teaching went wrong.

you have finished episode 4,so you can read this.The choice/consequence system in this game is interesting and obviously more complex than in the first season.

Well when i choose to ask Daniel to use his power against Lisbeth,he just pushes her away.
My Daniel is different than yours ah !
you don't feel bad about a kid killing people?really ? :D

Hadok

Feb 14, 2018

Well....
Season 1 is OK COMPUTER
Season 2 is KID A

it's difficult to make comparisons,season 1 and season 2 are totally different.It's like...two episodes of Black Mirror.
Life is Strange 2 is weaker sometimes(the "gameplay loop" is less interesting,the "evil" characters are just evil,they are just written as obstacles on your path),but sometimes better as well.(some great moments,dialogues are better than in the first season 1)
Just don't expect a story with twists,mysteries and cliffhangers,it's really not in Life is Strange 2 story.

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
The mural from the backyard of the Price/Madsen household is this. The board next to 'David's Trailer' looks a lot like this.

latest

It would appear that David Madsen is in that trailer. From Life is Strange.
Not sure how that could work. LiS 2 is set after the first and in many playthroughs Acadia Bay got destroyed and thus David is most likely dead

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017

It has its moments, but the lows are really low, and unless episode 5 is a 10/10, I'd say it pales in comparison. It's obviously very different... which isn't a bad thing. It's a new story after all. But, in terms of how engaging and memorable it is - It's a big step back. One thing though, the music and presentation is 10/10 and may be even better than before. Great cinematography, lots of calm, somber moments.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
you have finished episode 4,so you can read this.The choice/consequence system in this game is interesting and obviously more complex than in the first season.

Well when i choose to ask Daniel to use his power against Lisbeth,he just pushes her away.
My Daniel is different than yours ah !
you don't feel bad about a kid killing people?really ? :D

Whoa, that's a big read. I will save that for later.

it's only just a game, in real life if given the chance I'd steer cleer from murder in every single way possible, unless there is just no other way. :)

Oct 26, 2017
Sweden
David found the Dark Room on Day 5, which is/was a storm bunker. He could ride out the Storm there.
I guess that could work. Grieving over Joy's death made him move far away and live in a trailer. If you sacrifice Chloe their relationship has a good chance of breaking apart and thus he has grieve over Chloe's death instead. So they could make that work. Hopefully it's not too contrived though

Uzzy

Gabe’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
Hull, UK
I guess that could work. Grieving over Joy's death made him move far away and live in a trailer. If you sacrifice Chloe their relationship has a good chance of breaking apart and thus he has grieve over Chloe's death instead. So they could make that work. Hopefully it's not too contrived though

Or if you sacrificed Chloe Joyce might be in the trailer too. Either could work.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Soooo, at 11:24 of that video there's something of interest.

image0.jpg

Add that to the password on Karen's tablet being the date David Madsen met Joyce, and uh...
I had not noticed this at all, whoa.

Yeah, that is most definitely the mural from the Price's backyard, holy shit.

As far as the endings of the first game, they did have us choose our ending at the start, so they could tie some more stuff into that here.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Can't believe I still haven't played episodes 3 and 4 considering how much I love the series and have enjoyed LiS 2. I played the first episode way back when it first released so damn I really been taking my time. Will definitely get on that over winter break. What's the general consensus on the 3rd and 4th episodes been?

Really hope the game has picked up when it comes to sales, Dontnod deserves it.

GlitchyDegree

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Dec 4, 2017
Does anyone know if episode 5 is coming to Game Pass on Xbox? I already played through the first episode on PC but I'm thinking of starting over on Game Pass.

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Man the first episode of this has been such a drag so far. I remember getting hooked on the first game very quickly, but this has just been really awkward lol. Hoping it improves.

iamsirjoshua

Oct 28, 2017
According to DontNod the global release for Episode 5 on all platforms was about an hour ago. Still can't find it on PSN - guessing it's the normal wait until the entire store refreshes tomorrow afternoon. Anyone else having luck? Available on Steam/Xbox?

Oct 30, 2017
Now waiting for the physical EU version to arrive to my city to start it next week.

Finally a new LiS for me to experience :"-)

Loved the heck out of 1 and BtS.

FluxWaveZ

Persona Central
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, the excitement really has died down massively. Barely realized the final episode was on the horizon, too. Haven't played anything past 2, so looking forward to it.

Razyl

Oct 25, 2017
Finished it. It was ... tense. But for me it got the same "problem" like the Ep. 4.

I loved the little camp/village, these people (especially David and to see what happened to him, arcadia bay and max and chloe).

Then the way to the border and these goddamn idiots shooting first... yeah of course. Just right before the big goal. But I was okay with it. But after that... it's was again too much, if that makes sense? You are at a police station. It's over. But no - not for daniel and his power and after destryoing these weed farm and then burning down a religious cult and his church we are now destroying a border control station -- it's just one thing too much. This thing is waaaay out of control.

And these "out of control" is a lil bit too much in my opinion. Of course Life is Strange 1 got it's tense moments but after all it felt way more grounded. Here is it since the ending of episode 3 just "and another bad/stupid thing to do". I really didn't liked it that way.

And some thoughts generally to Life is Strange 2:

It has many strengths. It Isn't nowhere near a bad game! It's a lil bit underwhelming and the roadtrip structure got its problems. But i really liked the bonding between Sean and Daniel. That is something special. And some of the topics regarding xenophobia, racism etc. are good and important. But in the End Life is Strange 2 felt ... yeah, like I said. Too often underwhelming.

I hope for a sequel they go back to a Setting with more and longlasting side characters. If there will ever be a Life is Strange 3.

Danteyke223

Banned
Oct 24, 2018
Somewhere along the line i feel the sequel season got shafted after episode 1 . Seems like at that point was when Microsoft stepped in to make that other game with the dev team, cause after episode 1 and 2 there's barely any interactivity or it feels marginally less.