• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
Life is Strange is one of my favourite series and I think the series got better with every entry, Life is Strange 2 being my favourite (I know, someone who likes LiS2 more than LiS1), with that being said I am super pumped about the next LiS and I really hope it can be a GOTY contender.

What's rumoured:
- New story (so will not feature Max and Chloe, or Sean and Daniel as the stars).
- Deck Nine developing (basically confirmed with the news of Dontnod not working on the series anymore).
- "Queer af"
- More in tone of LiS1 than LiS2

My hopes:
Feature 2 main male leads
Has tons of hidden gem indie tracks for the music
Telepathy power
Will make me feel all the feelings at the end of the game like LiS2 did for me.

Last edited:

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
A return to the goat soundtracks
A return to making this a franchise about Queer Women if not outright BAE
Making the character you control be the one with powers

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
To feature a new cast to keep up the "anthology" aspect of the series.

And for the fanbase to not be super toxic about that. Too much to ask, I know.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think LiS2 gets a lot of undue flak for other things but the big thing I want is a single location + recurrent cast of characters rather than the supporting cast constantly changing.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Do something new. LiS 2 got a lot of shit, but I appreciated them taking a new approach to YA tropes/dynamics - and branching out from the usual perspectives that come with the genre. It would be really disappointing if the next game is just about another pair of outcast teens dealing with supernatural powers, high school drama, indie music, and emerging sexuality.

It'd be interesting to see them do a period peice. Like, full Rebel Without A Cause-era teen agnst.

Mr. Keith

Oct 31, 2017
I want to turn a boring small town upside down with super power hijinks!

The constant need to change locals made me really dislike LiS2.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
i am also hoping for another small town vibe. As much as I want a chloe/max sequel, Id be fine if just the setting was similar to 1. Extremely comfy. The roadtrip did not work at all for me

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020
I personally would like to have some sort of connection with the other games beyond just taking place in the same world, and maybe having a character appear. But really, just give me something more smaller scale and heartfelt. I felt that LiS 2 was just far to large in scope for its own good, and tried doing way to much but not succeeding entirely.

Oh and also, consistent and fast release dates for the different episodes. Waiting over a year for LiS to be finished was hellish. I don't mind episodic to much, but don't have me waiting months on end. Tell Me Why did it best by making it only a week.

Personally my dream game is to have a direct sequel to LiS 1 that explores the multiverse that was touched on in the first game's ending, but I know that the devs seemingly don't want to do that and I have no idea how they would even do that (and I doubt they do either) so I know that it just isn't feasible.

The reality is that as long as the game has good music, tells a good/entertaining story and gives me the feels, I will be happy in the end.

Hassansan

Oct 27, 2017
LIS2 was very relatable and was one of last gen's highlights imo,
Meanwhile LIS1 is still unfinished on my library.

So yeah, I hope it tries to do it own thing and not try too hard to make LIS1 2.0 .

OP
OP
Meelow

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
LIS2 was very relatable and was one of last gen's highlights imo,
Meanwhile LIS1 is still unfinished on my library.

So yeah, I hope it tries to do it own thing and not try too hard to make LIS1 2.0 .

Finally, someone who agrees!

I loved LiS1 and BtS but I don't get why everyone wants just more of Max and Chloe story, if they do an "After the Storm" than that will just confirm that one of the endings is the true endings of the game, and LiS2 tried to be different. I wish it didn't get the hate that it gets :(.

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Chloe cultists are something else. Saving one person at the expense of an entire town getting killed, nice.

Another completely new cast, please. Life is Strange being an anthology franchise about different casts with different powers is the way to go.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Anything as long as it's not boring and bland characters like in 2.
Couldn't even finish it and dropped it after episode 3 due to them

big_z

Nov 2, 2017
If deck nine is doing it they need to use unreal engine, have pro voice actors and have someone directing the story/voice acting. Bts had an interesting idea but not the best execution and was quite rough around the edges.

Lis2 was alright, the road trip idea wasn't what held it back. It was resetting the supporting characters and introduce a new bad for each episode. Nothing really builds or fleshes out the way things did in the first game.

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I think you're the first person I've seen put BtS above LiS. Curious to hear your thoughts as to why.
It's been a while since I played either game, so I can't remember all the reasons why I came to that conclusion but I think the big thing was that it was simply a much tighter story that affected me a lot more. It also did an incredible job with Chloe, making her behaviour and resentment of Max for ditching her so much more understandable.

Oh and on a minor note, it lacked the weird EuroAmerican-isms that you almost always get from European devs developing games in American settings.

Selphie

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
LiS1 is one of my favourite games ever, but I think I'm out if Deck Nine is really heading the series now, I'll wait for impressions, but I was pretty disappointed in BTS.

Buttonbasher

Dec 4, 2017
I expect people won't give it a chance, just like happened with Life is Strange 2 for zero knowable reason.

shinespark

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like:
  • A single location
  • Less focus on superpowers driving the narrative
  • Less focus on Big Moral Choices
  • A more central focus on race and prejudice
  • A goddamn happy ending for once
  • An unavoidably queer protagonist and romance

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's already been mentioned but I'll mention it again, ditch the road trip style of story and go back to a singular location/small town setting with a central cast of characters that develop throughout the episodes.

I also wouldn't mind a male lead.

Dreyarn

Oct 28, 2017
I'd personally like to follow a character similar to Sean in a setting more like the first game, and maybe that might allow for better queer representation (since it's one of the things that the first one is know by, while in the second one it's more like "yeah you can kiss a guy but only if you first take some questionable decisions").

Wilson

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All I want is a good release schedule. I do not want to be waiting more than a year to complete it.

CJCW?

Oct 27, 2017
-New cast of characters. Maybe some mentions of past stuff or even a cameo or two, but keep cycling through new people.
-Stay in one place. The second game's biggest problem was introducing characters that seemed like they could be interesting, and then they're gone an episode later.
-A new power. Time travel fit well with the first game's story, but the next two games showed that it wasn't needed mechanically. Just keep mixing it up.

Obviously I'd also like a consistent release schedule, but if taking their time is what's needed to avoid crunch and ensure quality then I'm cool with it.

Smoolio

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Choice would be bae, but failing that small town lesbian/bisexual cis or trans woman protagonist.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
17888.jpg

All according to plan...

StormBrute

Oct 26, 2017
With LiS S1 as my second favorite game of all-time, thinking S2 was a disappointment that didn't live up to its potential, and BtS being a great compliment to S1, what I want is...
  • Female protagonist because (selfishly) that's part of what drew me to the series originally
  • Consistent side cast instead of the largely revolving door of S2 that lets my choices add up and have bigger impacts for long-term relationships
  • Better integration of the themes, powers, and gameplay like in S1 (Daniel's telekinesis was important to the plot in S2, but felt like it could have been swapped out for any power and wouldn't make any difference thematically)
  • Before the Storm's OST by Daughter was fucking amazing and it sucks that it was so overlooked - the licensed soundtracks are all good (and I picked up a lot of bands from S1), but if Deck Nine is able to get an original soundtrack on that level again, I would be over the moon