Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty much ignored all media before playing, went in expecting this to be more full on Fire Walk With Me and show the downfall of Rachel with Frank, the drugs and the club but I was fine with what I got.

I seriously thought the scene with Sera at end was a dream at first, what was up with that direction, oh I guess injured ass Frank took down Damon somehow....ok.

Saw crazy Elliot coming a mile away, that boy had an extreme thirst, I have no idea how Chloe got away with all the stuff she did in James's office but eh whatever.

The whole game I was waiting for some kind of Jefferson cameo, fuckers got me right at the end.....unless that was supposed to be Nathan taking the pics.

Now I feel much better about choosing Chloe over the town.
Same with the Sera thing just the way they cut that entire scene with Chloe going dark after being knocked out and apparently Damon being killed off screen? I love Chloe and Rachel and the characters but the entire last episode was a jumbled mess of decisions. I still don't hate it.... I just wish they would have gone in a much different direction. They core character interactions are still really good IMO which is what kept me enjoying it.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I pretty much role-played Chloe as best as I could, based on what we know about her in the first game. It was kind of tough because there were definitely times where I would pick something that I would personally not choose to do, but since I figured it was something that Chloe would do I just went with it.

Yeah. I try to play as if she's not quite there yet. She's still figuring it out.

The moment in episode 2 where went against my natural instincts because I believed it'd be what Chloe would've done,
attacking Rachel's dad at dinner instead of trying to calm her down.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I try to play as if she's not quite there yet. She's still figuring it out.

The moment in episode 2 where went against my natural instincts because I believed it'd be what Chloe would've done,
attacking Rachel's dad at dinner instead of trying to calm her down.
I actually did the opposite on that one haha!
I was just trying to abide by Rachel there, since she said she wanted us to just stay chill and get through dinner, but yeah I think that one could be role-played either way really.
I mainly had a hard time being mean to Joyce when given the opportunity, just because I feel bad for Joyce and I know she's having such a hard time with everything too, just in a different way than Chloe is.

I know you said you only got through the first two episodes so far so maybe don't click this next spoiler yet, but the worst for me was in episode 3,
when David tells the story about his army buddy who died, I rejected his offer and felt really fucking bad about it, but I figured that's what Chloe would probably do there.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
wow I just finished the game and had a blast with it, I liked it a lot.

I still haven't played the first one, can I expect the same awesomeness or better?

Better.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on BTS' story, having no knowledge of the first game. I think you're the first person in this thread that's played BTS first!

Really? I'm the first one?? lol that's amazing.

I didn't know anything about this game (BTS) only that it had those decision-making mechanics, I bought it because I recently played Until Dawn and I liked how the story developed because of those kind of choice-making mechanics and that set me off to look for those type of games, that's how I found it.

Well, about the story I can tell you that at the end of ep. 1 I was like "WTF is this all about?" lol.

At the end of ep. 2 I was like "Conflicts, mysterious characters, drugs, sorrow, hate, illusions, dreams, school issues, music, faith, friendship, revelations, lies...Whoa, give me ep. 3 right now".

And for the final episode I was like "Damn, I don't want to end this, so much stuff going on" I was deep into the story and the main plot between Chloe, Rachel and her family.

Actually, I still haven't played the bonus episode, I'm not sure if I need to play LiS first then "The Farewell" because I read you play most of it, if not all, with Max and now I know Max is the main character in LiS, so...I don't know = |

Do you know if there are any plans to develop a sequel to LiS?

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck yeah! Is LiS longer than BTS?
Yeah but not by a whole lot. Maybe like an extra 3-4 hours or so, depending on how much you're exploring stuff. I also think there's a few more puzzles than BtS with the time-manipulation stuff, so that probably adds some more time to it.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
LiS is a better overall experience. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, I still haven't played the bonus episode, I'm not sure if I need to play LiS first then "The Farewell" because I read you play most of it, if not all, with Max and now I know Max is the main character in LiS, so...I don't know = |
Definitely play the BTS bonus ep after everything else. It's designed as a bit of a farewell for both Chloe and Max. The sequel (that is, LIS2) will be standalone as far as story is concerned.

And thanks for the impressions. I think your thoughts on LIS (the original) will also be interesting.

Ultimadrago

"This guy are sick"
Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange proper has a stronger overall arc, but Beyond the Storm has the advantage of learning from the original's mistakes in pacing while working the art style better with increased production. I also prefer Chloe's voice acting and script in Before the Storm and she doubles as a more entertaining main character than Max (on a ground level at least, which adds up in these titles). Looking back at Life is Strange, the visuals have crumbled before my eyes. The game was never a great looker, but wow does it look notably worse after such a small amount of time. On the bright side, it's a testament to the original's scenario writing that the title still meshed well with me to begin with.

At this point, I'm not sure which game I prefer more. That's a long way from the hesitance I had with trying out Before the Storm, that I saw more as an odd spin-off,to begin with.

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
LiS is a better overall experience. I wish I could play it again for the first time.

Wow it is? I'm gonna play it for the first time probably today or tomorrow but something tells me to wait longer because I've just finished BTS and I need some time to recover from that experience and prepare for another wild ride lol

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Wow it is? I'm gonna play it for the first time probably today or tomorrow but something tells me to wait longer because I've just finished BTS and I need some time to recover from that experience and prepare for another wild ride lol

BtS starts assuming you know everything from the first game, such as who the players are and what's going to happen. Basically, it doesn't ease you in to the universe because it's intended to be played after the original.

It doesn't really start hitting you super hard in the feels until episode 2 or so, so if you play episode 1, you should be alright for the most part. I mean that may be different for you considering you've already spent so much time with Chloe and she's heavily affected in episode 1, but I would still say go ahead and give it a playthrough before the Farewell episode, at least. :P

Rockstar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
US
Definitely play the BTS bonus ep after everything else. It's designed as a bit of a farewell for both Chloe and Max. The sequel (that is, LIS2) will be standalone as far as story is concerned.

And thanks for the impressions. I think your thoughts on LIS (the original) will also be interesting.

Nice I will share my impressions once I finish Max's adventure #nervous #anxious lol

I will play the bonus episode after I finish LiS, thanks for letting me know.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I'm not very clever with titles, but perhaps these can spark some brainstorming sessions among people more clever than I:
Arcadia Baes
Arcadia Gays
Hole to Another Universe
Partners in Time
American Rust
No Emoji
Life is Strange |OT| I murdered a whole town and all I got was this stupid hotdog

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Life is Strange |OT| I murdered a whole town and all I got was this stupid hotdog
8030.jpg

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I thought it was kind of on-the-nose since it was the first one I thought of, but I guess it's not bad haha.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
If the title fits and the hotdog can be the first image in the thread, then I'm voting for Pirate Bae's.

Arcadia Baes is also good, though I'd personally avoid any sort of soft spoilers for the games, vague or unintentional though they may be. Edit: Actually, this is a silly concern for a community thread. Disregard.

The only one I can think of is
Life is Strange Community |OT| Be Kind & Rewind

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
If the title fits and the hotdog can be the first image in the thread, then I'm voting for Pirate Bae's.

Arcadia Baes is also good, though I'd personally avoid any sort of soft spoilers for the games, vague or unintentional though they may be. Edit: Actually, this is a silly concern for a community thread. Disregard.

This is cute I like this

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

I +1 this, it's cute

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
I powered through episode 3 and feel so guilty about the ultimate choice,

both my natural reaction and what how I'd be role playing as Chloe's is telling Rachel the truth. Ended up choosing to lie. James is an asshole but ostensibly taking away her father after Rachel semi-reconciled with him is tough. I think it was the only lie Chloe told Rachel across the three episodes, which made it even worse. Either way, the endings set in to motion Rachel's path to Life is Strange in a bittersweet but satisfactory manner. And man, seeing how Rachel and Chloe got on, it leaves me all the more crestfallen to know Max couldn't be friends with both.

Assorted thoughts about episode 3,

I saw where they were going with Eliot but that boy went from a 7 in the hospital to a 19 at the Amber house. No regrets calling the cops on him. And he makes me appreciate Warren more.

I slashed Damon's face. What I surmise, that's the extent of it. Good on Frank for finishing the job.

Loved all the Dungeons & Dragons scenes with Steph and Mikey (and Drew, briefly, before I used his body as a shield). Final choice with having Elamon sacrifice Callamastia sorta reminds me of a number of choices across the two games. Elamon rolls not to cry. I rolled a three.

Was somewhat disappointed there weren't interactions with Skip in episode 3. At least with my choices, he was cool.

Deck Nine did a really great job assembling a standalone story and prequel to Life is Strange. Knowing how difficult prequels can be, it's all the more commendable. Considering an upgrade to the deluxe edition for the bonus episode, depending how it turns out.

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
Unlike Eliot, he's not an abusive fuckwad and treats everyone with respect and kindness. Even when I shut him down every time I play the original, he's still such a good nugget.

#WarrenGraham2020

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I believe Overdoziz is referring to this from episode 2
gqWeyNh.png

I don't think he was peeping her window though, I think he was just looking to see if she had come out of the dorms yet. He just pops out for like a second if you rewind while standing at the window.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
Warren is awkward is all. And Warren had his own Warren in Brooke. Eliot doesn't have an Eliot. Eliot doesn't even have a Warren. Nobody likes Eliot!

Pirate Bae

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
I believe Overdoziz is referring to this from episode 2
gqWeyNh.png

I don't think he was peeping her window though, I think he was just looking to see if she had come out of the dorms yet. He just pops out for like a second if you rewind while standing at the window.
Ohhhh right I remember now