Deleted member 203

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My fav movie of the year. It's fucking amazing.
Yeah it was an experience I've honestly never had watching a movie before. I'm still basking in it. Life is Strange fans would probably like it. Teens, check. Slice-of-life, check. Romance, check. Supernatural twists, check. Perpetually basked in golden hour hues, conjuring up wistful melancholy feelings of a teenage life you never lived the entire time? Check, check and check.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
Just finished episode 2. I thought it was great like episode 1. On one had i love not having any of that tornado bullshit, but on the other i do REALLY miss the time-reversel aspect of season 1. Kind of not looking forward to episode 3 given that i really like Rachel and i know what's coming... Prequels suck...

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished episode 2. I thought it was great like episode 1. On one had i love not having any of that tornado bullshit, but on the other i do REALLY miss the time-reversel aspect of season 1. Kind of not looking forward to episode 3 given that i really like Rachel and i know what's coming... Prequels suck...

That's interesting to me, I really loved the first game, but I'm enjoying the prequel just as much and there hasn't been a single minute I was missing the rewind mechanic, or the whole time travel aspect. To me, the game never about that, it's 99% characters and their interaction.

Staf

Nov 7, 2017
Gothenburg, Sweden
That's interesting to me, I really loved the first game, but I'm enjoying the prequel just as much and there hasn't been a single minute I was missing the rewind mechanic, or the whole time travel aspect. To me, the game never about that, it's 99% characters and their interaction.
Well the lack of rewind mechanic comes with two issues for me really.

1. I have the same problem with other games with similar dialogue systems, such as Bioware games and Fallout 4. The paraphrased option rarely is what i expect. Neither in context or tone which leads to frequent: "I didn't want to say that!". The time rewind mechanic solved this for me. I've made a couple of reloading of saves due to this, not anywhere near as much as Bioware games and Fallout 4 though.

2. It was just plain fun. I love the character interraction as well but the rewind mechanic put a fun spin on it.

Still, i really like this season. But this was never going to be as good as good as season 1 without the rewind mechanic and it being an prequel. For me that is, i can totally understand why other people might like it more.

HighlanderCZ

Oct 28, 2017
Okay, that's fair. There was only one instance of a character not saying what I thought they would, at least for me, but I can totally see how some choices might be confusing.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Nice!
Chloe's hair in that teaser, whoa.

Last edited:

Chaserjoey

Keeper of the White Materia
Oct 27, 2017
Press release for episode 3 was emailed out early by accident.

December 20th

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm excited to play this next episode, but man, I'm also so not ready for it. This is gonna be something special I think.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The origins of the hat and blue hair... At long last the mystery will be revealed.

Pirate Bae

Edelgard Feet Appreciator
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
??
5e4cbebf29c0401e24d6a06aa6efb2c4--chloe-life-is-strange-life-is-strange-funny.jpg

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
I'm ready to be absolutely destroyed by episode 3. Probably the biggest surprise of Before the Storm for me has been how much more I like Rachel/Chloe than Max/Chloe, and seeing that end is going to be hell.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I'm home on the 20th, seriously considering taking my Vita for some Remote Play action (then again, a bad lag spike could screw me on some timed decisions.)

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Exactly my thoughts. Also like some others, I really hope for a similar haunting ending like the in the first game. Probably an impossible feat but I am hoping for the best.

Given that we already know what happens to Rachel, any ending will be haunting and wrecking me. I can't unsee the memory of Chloe finding Rachel.

KraytarJ

Nov 14, 2017
Given that we already know what happens to Rachel, any ending will be haunting and wrecking me. I can't unsee the memory of Chloe finding Rachel.
This whole season has just made me feel really bad for Chloe. She's been through some real shit but it was easy to overlook all of it in S1 because she wasn't really the star but man, it's gonna be rough.

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah you are right but what I meant was a similar well directed scene together with an forgettable score so every time I would hear that song going forward I would always think of that great ending scene. Like with the only real ending in the first game.

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you are right but what I meant was a similar well directed scene together with an forgettable score so every time I would hear that song going forward I would always think of that great ending scene. Like with the false non-canon ending that the developers unfortunately put more effort into than the real ending in the first game.

Agreed

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for a happy ending in BtS, or if there's multiple endings then at least a choice for a happy one. We already know how their story will eventually end in the first game, so it would be kind of nice to cry some tears of joy, make us forget about the future, and be happy for the moment.

Also, I was just thinking about this, I wonder if they'll have Chloe get a new text from Max in episode 3. That would quite possibly wreck me depending on how it's done.

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If they just added the subtlest of hints that this might be an AU I would be happy. Let the queers live damn it

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Is Square doing a Japanese dub this time around?

Yes indeed. Tweet from Chloe's Japanese voice actress:

Translation of the tweet is:

Announcement #3
#LifeIsStrange
The Japanese version of the latest Life is Strange game is a done deal! I'll be gratefully continuing my responsibilities as the dub voice for Chloe! This time Chloe is the main character. This is a highly popular work and in many places, I've received your kind words. So, I feel the pressure but I want to challenge myself to do my best!

Deleted member 203

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Kinda weirdly into the idea of playing a JP dub of LiS as a kind of bizarro-world thing. I wonder if the VO is going to be hella anime or more naturalistic.

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
I think I watched some of that on Twitch at one point. It was weird and charming.

Rosa Lilium

Oct 27, 2017
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
One big difference I noticed in the Japanese version: When Hannah's Telle Max gets nervous in social situations, she tends to withdraw, lowering the volume of her voice and speaking much more guarded. When the Japanese version's Max gets nervous in social situations, she tends to freak out, registering a lot of worry in her voice.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Yes indeed. Tweet from Chloe's Japanese voice actress:

Translation of the tweet is:

Announcement #3
#LifeIsStrange
The Japanese version of the latest Life is Strange game is a done deal! I'll be gratefully continuing my responsibilities as the dub voice for Chloe! This time Chloe is the main character. This is a highly popular work and in many places, I've received your kind words. So, I feel the pressure but I want to challenge myself to do my best!

I hope they make it somewhat easier to get on Steam without doing some weird hack anyway. lol

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
Two weeks? arrrgh. Kind of dying to see how well they wrap things up.

(Also: Pretty excited to see Your Name talk in a Life is Strange thread, lol. It's been reverberating in my head for weeks. Definitely pairs well with LiS.)

Smiley90

Oct 25, 2017

Trailer content spoilers

Definitely looks like something happens to Rachel that makes her end up in the hospital.... :/ :/ :/ Multiple hospital scenes and the scenes where it looks like Chloe is driving frantically, probably with Rachel in her car to drive her to the hospital? Maybe they'll make that the reason for their "breakup"? GIMME NOW

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever
Actually, given that we already know what happens in the end I feel like there is nothing they can do in Ep. 3 which will shock me. Trouble my mind for a bit? Sure. Make me uneasy or concerned? Sure. Outright deflate me though? I seriously doubt it lol.

But who knows, with my expectations in check I might be quite surprised! :)

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Actually, given that we already know what happens in the end I feel like there is nothing they can do in Ep. 3 which will shock me. Trouble my mind for a bit? Sure. Make me uneasy or concerned? Sure. Outright deflate me though? I seriously doubt it lol.

But who knows, with my expectations in check I might be quite surprised! :)

Well if eg Cloe would find Rachel after you know what, that scene could be done in a very powerful way.

So it doesn't have to be necessarily surprising while still being shocking / sad / memorable.