OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Due to not meet the activity requirements for the past two days, we will be seeking a replacement for melonrabbit.

Day 5 Start
OP
OP
Fanto

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
rac has died!

aMYZns8.png

Welcome to Life is Strange Mafia!

You are Warren Graham. You are a stereotypical science nerd, who loves old and obscure movies and anime, and also struggle to express and deal with your feelings, so you try to hide that underneath humor and bad jokes. You are good friends with Max Caulfield, though you wish it could be more than a friendship.

You are a 1-Shot Watcher and are aligned with Arcadia Bay, which means the Town.

Once during the game, and only at night, you may submit the command Watch: <Player Name>.

If your target was the target of any other players that night, you will learn what players targeted them, but not what actions they performed.

You will win the game when all threats to Arcadia Bay have been eliminated and there is at least one town player alive.

-----

The game thread is here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/life-is-strange-mafia-ot-hella-murder-shaka-brah.128822/

Please confirm either by responding to this PM or posting in the game thread.

If you have any questions, PM myself or Pirate Bae!

DAY 5 BEGINS

Vote tool:

Majority is 3

Day 5 ends in:

im0v1fb5tg

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Zeke- Restless Spirit - When nightkilled, can vote next day.

Kits - Snitch - When nightkilled, scum?? gets random PR and name of an individual

Stan - Coroner - can investigate a dead body and find the flavor name of the killer

Swamped- Miller

Ocean - Vanilla

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's get this (end of the world) party started!

***plays Got Well Soon***

So first things first, I want the flavor name of the killer Stan. I would be skeptical of the time taken to use the ability if that wasn't something I've seen you do in a previous game (on the flavor as I believe you said you were Hawt Dawg Man)

Also, can I get some names/flavor with some of those Roles? Specifically from Swamped.

And in terms of likelihood to lunch, I'd go Swamped>zeke>stan=kits.

I'm not to concerned about whether there are 1 or 2 non-town members left since it doesn't make a difference either way today since we need to target correctly

On a side note, it's kinda amusing that I haven't played for like 2 years and I'm playing with 1 person for the first time smh (<3 you all). Pretty sure I haven't played with kits, so hi there!

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright let's get this (end of the world) party started!

***plays Got Well Soon***

So first things first, I want the flavor name of the killer Stan. I would be skeptical of the time taken to use the ability if that wasn't something I've seen you do in a previous game

Also, can I get some names/flavor with some of those Roles? Specifically from Swamped (on the flavor as I believe you said you were Hawt Dawg Man)

And in terms of likelihood to lunch, I'd go Swamped>zeke>stan=kits.

I'm not to concerned about whether there are 1 or 2 non-town members left since it doesn't make a difference either way today since we need to target correctly

On a side note, it's kinda amusing that I haven't played for like 2 years and I'm playing with 1 person for the first time smh (<3 you all). Pretty sure I haven't played with kits, so hi there!
Sigh, oh bother
Vote: OceanicAir

Yeah, not trusting that vanilla claim.
Alrighty then. Pretty poor reasoning imo, not even gonna at least compare melon's vote/interactions with Sparks?

Why can't there be a vanilla in a role madness game?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alrighty then. Pretty poor reasoning imo, not even gonna at least compare melon's vote/interactions with Sparks?

Why can't there be a vanilla in a role madness game?
Because it's an extremely easy out for scum. And I've played as Mafia before, so I know that if one of us is a lynch candidate we wouldn't hesitate to vocally go against them in order to give ourselves cred.

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Because it's an extremely easy out for scum. And I've played as Mafia before, so I know that if one of us is a lynch candidate we wouldn't hesitate to vocally go against them in order to give ourselves cred.
Not as easy an out in a role madness game since someone else could counterclaim such a role and melon did so fairly early when there were more people. If I were to claim vanilla after everyone else claimed, that would be extremely suspicious. Besides a vanilla role in such a game isn't even out of the ordinary in this community.

And melon didn't even vote out Sparks, so no cred there either

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Looking back on day 1 votes. Swampedlooks bad with the sparks flip.

==== DAY 1 VOTES ====
Day Start

Funky Dude Sparks (3 votes)
malus - #476
rac - #497
nin - #530

nin (3 votes)
Kitsunelaine - #390
Stantastic - #391 #478
Fireblend - #435
Funky Dude Sparks - #464
Stantastic - #478 #483

Kopite (2 votes)
EzekelRAGE - #373
Verelios - #509

Maolfunction (2 votes)
B-Dubs - #180
Funky Dude Sparks - #344 #378
Funky Dude Sparks - #378 #464
Stantastic - #489

B-Dubs (2 votes)
Aeleus - #503
melonrabbit - #520

Stantastic (1 votes)
Maolfunction - #96

Fireblend (1 votes)
Swamped - #444

malus (1 votes)
Kopite - #433

melonrabbit (0 votes)
nin - #111 #530

rac (0 votes)
Fireblend - #345 #435

Post Counts:
nin: 77 Maolfunction: 49 EzekelRAGE: 38 Funky Dude Sparks: 36 Verelios: 34 Stantastic: 34 Fireblend: 29 melonrabbit: 24 Kitsunelaine: 19 rac: 18 B-Dubs: 17 Swamped: 17 malus: 12 Aeleus: 11 Kopite: 10

Current Countdown:
fbc4nxon3g

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

This is the vote from day 1, b4 swamped votes kop.
Might end up going on kopite here...

VOTE: Kopite
This ties kop with nin and sparks. Eventually leading to kop's lynch.

Next day I question fire/mal/ swamped on why they chose their vote. Swamped responded with:
Regarding my vote last day phase: I didn't want mao or nin to get lunched since I felt they were town. I was kind of indifferent about sparks but I understood the rational for seeing his flip. It just wasn't as fun a lunch for me. I thought Kopite was the best choice because he quite under the radar and kind of going with the flow. This question came up quite a bit so if anyone needs more details I'm happy to elaborate.

Will look at otger votes later when I get more time.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Ugh, what was the roleclaim that was a bombstopper? Was it miller? I can't keep these terms straight in my head sometimes.
There is no bombstopper. Dubs misunderstood his role and thought there was a bomb. His power was "stubborn", which meant he couldn't hammer votes.

Miller means you are town but show up as scum to alignment checks.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is no bombstopper. Dubs misunderstood his role and thought there was a bomb. His power was "stubborn", which meant he couldn't hammer votes.

Miller means you are town but show up as scum to alignment checks.
Ah! I was getting those wires crossed in my head. Thanks for the clarification. I retract my miller suspicion.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Im so confused.

I checked Aeleus, and they were killed by Raylor Christianson.

So Sparks.

So what the hell was with taking credit for the Maol kill?

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Either way im also leaning toward OA or or Swamped today.

Lol what imteractions with sparks? He hadnt meaningfully interacted with anyone all game, its why was so jard fir evdryone to read.
I'm just gonna outright say that your claim is super shady and virtually identical to my vanilla claim and has nudged my suspicion of you upwards a bit.

And what is a "meaningful interaction"? Sounds vague as hell, I read through the game and he's a bit above the average from what I've seen game is not exactly overflowing with such stuff. Interactions and the lack of interactions with people are important and busting on in with a vote while not either re-evaluating or even hearing any new information is not exactly optimal play.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Kits - ??? - snitch
Swamped - Hawt dog man - miller
Melon - Alyssa Anderson - Ordinary
Zeke - Rachel Amber - Restless Spirit
Stan - Dana Ward - Coroner

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just gonna outright say that your claim is super shady and virtually identical to my vanilla claim and has nudged my suspicion of you upwards a bit.

And what is a "meaningful interaction"? Sounds vague as hell, I read through the game and he's a bit above the average from what I've seen game is not exactly overflowing with such stuff. Interactions and the lack of interactions with people are important and busting on in with a vote while not either re-evaluating or even hearing any new information is not exactly optimal play.
A meaningful interaction is exactly what it sounds like, an interaction with another player that any significant meaning can be gleaned from.
Sparks has none of that, with anyone. Even his votes were so scattershot and unreasoned that i honestly cant find any useful info from them.
You say hes "a bit above the average? How.
If your so sure theres meaningful info to be gotten from rereading him then how about presenting some yourself instead of judging others for not doing so, i bet the whole game could benefit from a fresh perspective.
🤨

🥴

😂

*truffleshuffle*
Oh I had just woken up get off my back.

Its also why i called Raylor a Christian son.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Kits - Juliet Watson - snitch
Swamped - Hawt dog man - miller
Melon - Alyssa Anderson - Ordinary
Zeke - Rachel Amber - Restless Spirit
Stan - Dana Ward - Coroner

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
And noone has any theories about sparks being responsible for Aeleus' death but not Maols (im assuming given he didnt have any kind of double kill in his role)?
I was really hoping i was just missing something there.
Also how the hell is my claim identical to a vanilla claim?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
And noone has any theories about sparks being responsible for Aeleus' death but not Maols (im assuming given he didnt have any kind of double kill in his role)?

Another scum did it?

He claimed mao to help with vig claim? Looking at his claim he mentioned his reasoning for killing mao was cuz other ppl wanted it......I think?

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
In role madness I would expect Scum to have more than one bonus kill tbh, especially for a team of three

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Another scum did it?

He claimed mao to help with vig claim? Looking at his claim he mentioned his reasoning for killing mao was cuz other ppl wanted it......I think?
True, claiming to have vig shot Aeleus would have been much harder to explain than shooting Maol i guess, not that he did a very good job of that anyway.
Just wierd that they wouldnt have actially had sparks shoot maol and whoever the other shot was shoot Aeleus.
Unless they hadnt planned on claiming it, and that was more a spur of the moment thing?

OceanicAir

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A meaningful interaction is exactly what it sounds like, an interaction with another player that any significant meaning can be gleaned from.
Sparks has none of that, with anyone. Even his votes were so scattershot and unreasoned that i honestly cant find any useful info from them.
You say hes "a bit above the average? How.
If your so sure theres meaningful info to be gotten from rereading him then how about presenting some yourself instead of judging others for not doing so, i bet the whole game could benefit from a fresh perspective.

Oh I had just woken up get off my back.

Its also why i called Raylor a Christian son.
I literally don't know what your threshold of "meaningful" is though. Give me a meaningful post of your own while I search through Sparks posts.

It's outstandingly unprovable and could literally be made up without worry of a counterclaim because it's so unusual. I could claim a 1-shot backup, undercover supercop and say that rac was town if that's a better claim than vanilla. I swear to god, sometimes a duck is just a duck.

My point is that simply voting me because I'm vanilla is freaking ridiculous and lazy as hell. I'd love something to actually defend if people want to narrow it down to me and Swamped.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
I literally don't know what your threshold of "meaningful" is though. Give me a meaningful post of your own while I search through Sparks posts.
Like this interaction we are gaving right now is an example.
Did you read sparks's posts?
What i mean should be really obvious.

Still waiting on you proving anything he has said useful tho.
It's outstandingly unprovable and could literally be made up without worry of a counterclaim because it's so unusual. I could claim a 1-shot backup, undercover supercop and say that rac was town if that's a better claim than vanilla. I swear to god, sometimes a duck is just a duck.

My point is that simply voting me because I'm vanilla is freaking ridiculous and lazy as hell. I'd love something to actually defend if people want to narrow it down to me and Swamped
Firstly theres a giant differance in our claims in that mine actually required me to defend my actions and a the roles viability in this game, not to mention the extra effort i would have to have gone to to make up misunderstanding my own role. While that could be wifom but damn that is a ton of extra work for what really only made the claim look worse.
A long shot from melon only having to say "im vanilla, it happens"

As for unprovability, the same can be said of basically every role left, so no idea why you single mine as the identical one.

Secondly were did i say im only looking at you because of the vanilla claim? That claim is the least of my reasons, i had plenty of beef with melon well before her claim.

Did you read the thread? I assumed you had given you came into the game pretty confidently but im really starting to doubt it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Kits, actually voting right now seems like a real bad idea.

I think?

Honestly iv lost track of how the gamestate is probably looking right now.
Majority is 3, is there much chance if there still being 2 scum?

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Why do you think there are two scum left as opposed to one?
i think there is still a chance, like there isnt anything to definitively rule them out right?

its small, but theres the chance that the potential 3 scum yesterday were never in the position to co-ordinate thier votes and so could never hammer.
that would be less of a problem today with only 2 to co-ordinate.

like i know this is very improbable but i would really rather not make it this far only to lose the game over something so unnecessary.

Kitsunelaine

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i think there is still a chance, like there isnt anything to definitively rule them out right?

its small, but theres the chance that the potential 3 scum yesterday were never in the position to co-ordinate thier votes and so could never hammer.
that would be less of a problem today with only 2 to co-ordinate.

like i know this is very improbable but i would really rather not make it this far only to lose the game over something so unnecessary.
3/15 is a 1 in 5 chance of scum. That's a very healthy balance. 4/15 almost brings that to 1 in 3, which would seem overboard with all of the PRs on display. I think we only have one scum left.