• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to make money in this game?
Most consistently fast way, from my experience is the arena - Platinum/highest tier. Do the fights that have you and your team against an enemy team. You can make several million per run, if you can hit S rank, I think some of the last fights are giving you a good 5-10mil yen per fight.

Uzumaki Goku

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Most consistently fast way, from my experience is the arena - Platinum/highest tier. Do the fights that have you and your team against an enemy team. You can make several million per run, if you can hit S rank, I think some of the last fights are giving you a good 5-10mil yen per fight.
Do you play as Sheep Man or just have him in the party?

Lord Fanny

Apr 25, 2020
This may be random, but someone posted a custom English cover to print off for those of us who imported but for the life of me I can't find it. Can someone repost that or at least point me to it?

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Finally playing this so I can not play Yakuza 8 for another six months at least.

1. Akame is incredible. Kansai ben is great.

2. I miss 'running into' side stories and having to activate them from the hub, but eh.

3. How can they make so many brawlers and still be god awful at making brawlers, ugh

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, I'm on chapter 4 and taking a break to do some colosseum levelling/earn some cash, but is this a 'start chapter 5 and then you're on the wild ride until the end' situation or can i start chapter 5 and fuck around for a bit until a clear 'point of no return until the end of the game'?

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Anyway, I'm on chapter 4 and taking a break to do some colosseum levelling/earn some cash, but is this a 'start chapter 5 and then you're on the wild ride until the end' situation or can i start chapter 5 and fuck around for a bit until a clear 'point of no return until the end of the game'?

The latter; the game will make it super clear when you reach the point of no return

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
I'm going through this now as well to get ready for infinite wealth and it's painful to play. I'd rather they just stuck to turn based if this is the best they can do at this point and I'm not even a fan of turn based games
Thankfully not everyone thinks like this. Me and plenty of others still enjoy their brawlers and dont want them to go anywhere. Both gameplay styles can and will continue to co-exist. Lost Judgment especially was excellent, Im sure RGGS will take feedback on what didnt work on Gaiden (the hyper armor) and tweak accordingly for the next game.

RecLib

Oct 27, 2017
Do you have to do everyone akame stroll n' patrol task to fight aman?

Last edited:

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Thankfully not everyone thinks like this. Me and plenty of others still enjoy their brawlers and dont want them to go anywhere. Both gameplay styles can and will continue to co-exist. Lost Judgment especially was excellent, Im sure RGGS will take feedback on what didnt work on Gaiden (the hyper armor) and tweak accordingly for the next game.

Yeah tbh those other two posters are leaving quite a spicy take

To each their own but I think all Yakuza games since 5 has had really good combat (I know you also like (and even prefer) the combat of the older games, but for me the combat didn't start to get good until 5 and didn't get really good until 0)

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
I found the brawling in Gaiden kinda fun, but it still just rubs me the wrong way some times. There were many, many times where I got hit because I couldn't just lock onto the the guy I want to hit, or because trying to grab a weapon instead had me grab someone that broke out of it immediately.

I do remember not liking the combat in Yakuza 0, which I've heard is among the series' best. Needing to keep in kind what moves I can do across all six movesets, that might change based on how filled the rapidly-fluctuating heat bar is, just made me not want to bother.

shadowman16

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah tbh those other two posters are leaving quite a spicy take

To each their own but I think all Yakuza games since 5 has had really good combat (I know you also like (and even prefer) the combat of the older games, but for me the combat didn't start to get good until 5 and didn't get really good until 0)
I dont really think (as long as I mod!) there's really a game in the series that has bad combat for me. The oldest games (1-3) are an acquired taste where you need to learn the function of all the moves and how best to deal with blocking enemies (for 3), but I still have countless hours of fun with the combat. From 4 up it feels like they got better and better, 5 is my favourite for Kiryu and Saejima specifically, but that doesnt mean I dont love 0 (even though I miss the Dragon style, and no the unlockable one isnt quite it!)

Only 6 and Kiwami 2 really rub me up the wrong way, but PC mods basically fix that, so while they are still lacking compared to games that come before and after, I still have tons of fun with combat.

Ishin is the real weird one in the conversation. Because it was originally great in the PS3/4 version, but the remake for PS5/4 etc. makes some insanely silly moves that a number of us saw coming miles away. Its the hardest to love as unlike Kiwami 2, which at least is on a new engine with a different fighting style, Ishin is literally just the original but worse.

But then again, if 2/3 games I have issues with are remakes, that still leaves 90% of the series with combat I enjoy! I do reckon 7 may age in subsequent replays though, as Im guessing 8 is gonna outshine that one quite a lot when it comes to combat improvements.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
I dont really think (as long as I mod!) there's really a game in the series that has bad combat for me. The oldest games (1-3) are an acquired taste where you need to learn the function of all the moves and how best to deal with blocking enemies (for 3), but I still have countless hours of fun with the combat. From 4 up it feels like they got better and better, 5 is my favourite for Kiryu and Saejima specifically, but that doesnt mean I dont love 0 (even though I miss the Dragon style, and no the unlockable one isnt quite it!)

Only 6 and Kiwami 2 really rub me up the wrong way, but PC mods basically fix that, so while they are still lacking compared to games that come before and after, I still have tons of fun with combat.

Ishin is the real weird one in the conversation. Because it was originally great in the PS3/4 version, but the remake for PS5/4 etc. makes some insanely silly moves that a number of us saw coming miles away. Its the hardest to love as unlike Kiwami 2, which at least is on a new engine with a different fighting style, Ishin is literally just the original but worse.

But then again, if 2/3 games I have issues with are remakes, that still leaves 90% of the series with combat I enjoy! I do reckon 7 may age in subsequent replays though, as Im guessing 8 is gonna outshine that one quite a lot when it comes to combat improvements.

Oh yeah, this reminds me that I have to say I didn't enjoy the combat in Ishin Kiwami (never played the original). Definitely subpar for RGG

Jintor

Oct 25, 2017
Finished. I don't particularly want to have an involved conversation on the brawler combat other than it consistently frustrates me in every iteration, but Gaiden was far from the worst and at least the agent stuff let me jet through a crowd of enemies and just chain whip everyone in the room into a wall, which was great. I hugely benefited from spamming the Castle for a while to get loads of upgrades I guess.

But that final hour of cutscenes was legit amazing. The scene just before the end with the iPad, incredible.

Tried a bit of the Infinite Wealth demo, seems amazing, but probably need a rest for a few months before diving in. Maybe it'll get a bit cheaper too (doubt it, if BG3 is anything to go by)

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
finally beat this last night, the ending broke me, holy shit y'all weren't kidding.

great game, i thought the story was pretty solid throughout honestly.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
After giving this a rest for almost a month, I'm back playing again.

These Chapters are long. I'm still only on Chapter 2 and nearly 8 hours into the game. Just doing the main story.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
For what is supposed to be a short game, I still sunk 40 hours into it. I hope you're enjoying yourself.
Yeah. Great game so far. I'm 10 hours in and on Chapter 3.

This is the longest I've played a Yakuza game for. Not because I don't like them but mainly because I've been a Nintendo only gamer for years and only just got a Series S, 6 months ago.

Ninjadom

Oct 25, 2017
London, UK
Okay!!

I completed the game. Took me 22 hours to do the Main Story including getting to Level 20 on the Akame Network.

One question though about the end.

Where does Ichiban Kasuga and his pals go when Shishedo turns up for the final battle? They're nowhere to be seen.

ResetGreyWolf

Oct 27, 2017
Okay!!

I completed the game. Took me 22 hours to do the Main Story including getting to Level 20 on the Akame Network.

One question though about the end.

Where does Ichiban Kasuga and his pals go when Shishedo turns up for the final battle? They're nowhere to be seen.

Yakuza 7 spoiler

They are exhausted after the battle with the Omi Alliance. Arakawa checks in on Ichiban, and it's implied that they leave together. I'd guess they left through a different exit, or perhaps even long after Kiryu and his crew had cleaned up outside.