• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
šŸ˜” it's the only series I buy physical to collect. Guess I'll just purchase it when I'm ready to play it.

dougie4306

Jul 15, 2021
not really surprised, add that to the $50 pricetag and this definitely seems like a smaller release

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Guess I won't play it until like 2025 or so when it drops to 20 and below.

Kiryu

Jun 23, 2022
I was kinda expecting that. because of the nature of the game, it made sense to me that it would be digital only

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
tbh it might be because it's been a while since the last major game but it kinda feels like Yakuza is shrinking down as a franchise

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Oh that sucks. But I already have 3-4-5 remasters in digital so it's not like I have the full physical collection.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Smaller games being digital only isn't a huge surprise, but if you're going to charge $50 then it ceases being in the range of cost where I'm okay paying that amount for a 'smaller game.' I'd even be open to doing a BS $10 tax if you want to go down that road. So it'll be a skip to me until it goes on sale.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
wonder if Sega looked at the sales split for Ishin in america phy/dig

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
Yeaaah, SEGA's gonna need to come out and clear this up because it'll be disrespectful if America is the only place without a physical release.

Not the first time it's happened, like Namco doing stuff similar with EVERY region in the world EXCEPT NA to receive the Klonoa remaster. It sucks when they just pick and chose like this and while sure, digital sales are high here, there's still plenty of people willing to spend. Sega has their own online store too, what's stopping them from doing a limited print like other companies have clearly shown there is interest in doing? Even if it was $10ish more, people would buy it.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Smaller games being digital only isn't a huge surprise, but if you're going to charge $50 then it ceases being in the range of cost where I'm okay paying that amount for a 'smaller game.' I'd even be open to doing a BS $10 tax if you want to go down that road. So it'll be a skip to me until it goes on sale.
Exactly, if this was like 30, ok fair enough, but 50??? Nah I rather pay 60 and get the box

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
tbh it might be because it's been a while since the last major game but it kinda feels like Yakuza is shrinking down as a franchise
Very few IP release two full games within the same year while once is already announced to be coming a year later. Never played Yakuza but like, there's always a Yakuza game lol.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Dw-_EAAV4AEy237.jpg:large

Deleted member 10981

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 24, 2022
Not the first time it's happened, like Namco doing stuff similar with EVERY region in the world EXCEPT NA to receive the Klonoa remaster. It sucks when they just pick and chose like this and while sure, digital sales are high here, there's still plenty of people willing to spend. Sega has their own online store too, what's stopping them from doing a limited print like other companies have clearly shown there is interest in doing? Even if it was $10ish more, people would buy it.

Least with Namco that stuff has been limited to Switch games which getting a print run for anything is apparently justā€¦annoying.

I can't even remember the last time a big game got a localization but no physical release on Playstation consoles, definitely been almost a decade.

convo

Oct 25, 2017
Would be kinda weird if NA misses out when it's usually EU when i think about not getting something. I was thinking of more of these Gaiden games were to come out, having one physical collection of them would be neat but something else seems to be going on.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I can't even remember the last time a big game got a localization but no physical release on Playstation consoles, definitely been almost a decade.

Another example is the upcoming Atelier Marie. It's also a remake, but a game we never got localized in the past, either. With Atelier at it's height and receiving ALL of the releases as not only localized physicals since the PS2-era, but with Collector Editions for each one too, this one was also bizarre.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
Very few IP release two full games within the same year while once is already announced to be coming a year later. Never played Yakuza but like, there's always a Yakuza game lol.
it only looks that way because sega has been working overtime to localize/rerelase the backlog after zero blew up. yakuza was a dead ip outside japan before that.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020

Like a Dragon 7 came out in 2020, Lost Judgment came out in 2021 (I know technically not a Yakuza/LaD, but is basically a cousin to the series) Ishin and Gaiden are both this year, and 8 is coming next year. Thatā€¦does not seem like a franchise that is slowly down

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
That sucks. Probably treating it more like an expansion story than a "full" release.

LazyLain

Jan 17, 2019
Quite a few digital-only releases lately.... guess I made the right choice switching to PC this gen. If physical's gonna go the way of the dodo, then I at least want to be on a platform where I have some modicum of control.

Lord Fanny

Banned
Apr 25, 2020
Quite a few digital-only releases lately.... guess I made the right choice switching to PC this gen. If physical's gonna go the way of the dodo, then I at least want to be on a platform where I have some modicum of control.

Almost all major releases have a physical edition, so not sure where the quite a few is referencing. Alan Wake 2 is really the only like full priced title release that is only digital. Even in this case they've openly talked about it being a smaller release compared to the other titles. Maybe if LaD 8 is digital only or something but even Ishin got a physical release earlier this year. The big issue in this case is the price. It's even getting physical releases in other regions.

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
Its weird to see Sega do this, wasnt one of the big selling points of the physical version of the yakuza 3-5 remasters that it came with a ps3 case for yakuza 5 to display because they knew people wanted it physical..

Status
Not open for further replies.