• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't see one/find one, so here it goes.

og_img.jpg

Minimum

• CPU: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.2 GHz or AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 3.1 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960, 2 GB or AMD Radeon RX 460, 2 GB or Intel Arc A380, 6 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 2048 MB
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • SOUND CARD: Windows Compatible Audio Device

Recommended

• CPU: Intel Core i7-4790, 3.6 GHz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.2 GHz
  • RAM: 8 GB
  • VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 6 GB or AMD Radeon RX Vega 56, 8 GB or Intel Arc A750, 8 GB
  • DEDICATED VIDEO RAM: 6144 MB
  • PIXEL SHADER: 5.1
  • VERTEX SHADER: 5.1
  • SOUND CARD: Windows Compatible Audio Device
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yesterday I only played like half an hour and didn't notice any stutters, but playing it today with the most recent nvidia driver, I noticed, that on transition the fps drops, also on attacks in combat, quite annoying. Having capped it at 60 with rtss, it drops to like 46fps for a split second.

Update: Nevermind, someone frame gen was on and turning that off fixed it.

Last edited:

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Yesterday I only played like half an hour and didn't notice any stutters, but playing it today with the most recent nvidia driver, I noticed, that on transition the fps drops, also on attacks in combat, quite annoying. Having capped it at 60 with rtss, it drops to like 46fps for a split second.

This is a problem on win11 for a lot of Nvidia users. There should be a hotifx coming to circumvent the issue.
Supposedly its a win11 issue but nvidia has found a workaround. And it affects other games too, not just LAD:IW.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It runs between 75-90fps in my RTX 3080, 4K all maxed out, DLSS quality.

In general, if you played any of the recent LAD / Judgment games, this is exactly the same performance.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Ryzen 7 5800x
RX 7900XTX
highest quality + fsr 3 native AA at 4k
75-90fps

no issues unless frame gen is on for me. get stuttering with that, so i've left it off for now. might try again later, but it seemed better in gaiden anecdotally

it's as solid as the last few releases imo

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
RTX 4070
Ryzen 7 7700

Everything maxed @ 1440p with DLAA/TAA, there's spots where I drop below 60 fps especially during rain.
With DLSS on Quality, it's 100+ fps everywhere.

My only annoyance is that the character models in the menus seem to not get DLSS'd and look really grainy.

FSR 3 Native AA + FSR framegen also seems to work really well. But I think DLSS quality might still have better IQ.

ramyeon

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the depth of field effect really suffers when using DLSS in this game. Surprised that 4080 can't hold a solid 120 with DLSS Quality or Balanced at 4K.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
Ryzen 7 5800x
RX 7900XTX
highest quality + fsr 3 native AA at 4k
75-90fps

no issues unless frame gen is on for me. get stuttering with that, so i've left it off for now. might try again later, but it seemed better in gaiden anecdotally

it's as solid as the last few releases imo
fixed my frame gen issue I think - vsync found its way back on, I think my settings got messed up after playing on steam deck a bit
vsync off, radeon anti lag on, and frame gen has me locked at 120 without any weird hitches at the moment

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
4k Resolution
DLSS quality
Vsync on (because why not? Dont need framegen)
Max everything

4090. 7800x3d. 'nuff said. Im locked at 60 fps because im playing on my other TV downstairs and not my monitors. I really need a new tv with higher refresh rate. Im probably just gonna pick up a more current TCL or or something. My 4090 sounds like it is going to sleep on this game. It's probably bored.

Atom

Jul 25, 2021
laptop 3070/r7 5800h 32gb ram.

Only playing at 1080p60 but everything is maxed out. Have been flipping back and forth between dlss quality and dlaa. Honestly can't tell the difference most of the time at the distance I am and size of screen. Basically a locked 60 with the odd blip here and there. Same sort of deal as most recent dragon engine ports.

FSR3 feels excellent but at 1080p even native there's just a lot of shimmering and flickering of fine details, and this game has quite a bit of that. Was honestly surprised how close FSR3 at 30fps looks to 60fps. Latency is noticeable, and UI stuff can be quite noticeable, but when playing it comes across as just a somewhat excessive motion blur.

Greywaren

Jul 16, 2019
Spain
My 3060Ti can handle max settings at 60fps/1080p no problem. I'm lowering the settings because temps get a bit high on my PC, but I could play at max without issues.

Rhowm

Nov 27, 2017
Definitely interested in Steam Deck impressions.

For those that switch between desktop PC and deck, do the settings sync so that you have to change them when switching back and forth? I hate that, personally

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017
4k Resolution
DLSS quality
Vsync on (because why not? Dont need framegen)
Max everything

4090. 7800x3d. 'nuff said. Im locked at 60 fps because im playing on my other TV downstairs and not my monitors. I really need a new tv with higher refresh rate. Im probably just gonna pick up a more current TCL or or something. My 4090 sounds like it is going to sleep on this game. It's probably bored.
do you even need dlss at that point to lock 60,
some were saying it has IQ issues in this game. (haven't played myself)

Aeana

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any way at all to increase the shadow lod distance? Watching shadow quality change so close to the characters is so distracting.

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
do you even need dlss at that point to lock 60,
some were saying it has IQ issues in this game. (haven't played myself)
If they like the IQ with DLSS Quality why not use it? Less power draw, less heat, quieter operation. I'm using DLAA at 4K and holding 115 fps most of the time but was probably going to bump it to DLSS Quality when I play tonight just to not max the GPU out the whole time.

Bandate

Nov 6, 2017
Definitely interested in Steam Deck impressions.

For those that switch between desktop PC and deck, do the settings sync so that you have to change them when switching back and forth? I hate that, personally
No it doesn't which is great. Cyberpunk did this and was annoying as fuck.

Steam deck wise I've been around medium settings with fsr 3 quality and it's holding around 40fps. I've only just got to Hawaii so we'll see.

Aug 27, 2019
7950X3D/4090, everything cranked. Tested with just DLAA and no DLSS, mostly running in the 110-120 range, but there are some spots where I'd see drops down to 75. DLSS quality locks it at a solid 120 and takes some strain off the card, and I haven't seen any real IQ issues. Could probably go higher in frame rate, but I've seen one too many Dragon Engine game get really wonky over 120fps so I'm leaving it locked there.

Conkerkid11

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is TAA broken in this game like it is in 7? Playing through 7 right now, and TAA causes stuff to look like there's a constant heat haze effect.

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
The game runs very well for me. One thing I noticed though, some cutscenes turn off whatever upscaling is set during specific camera cuts. It's really distracting, is anyone else seeing that?

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
The game runs very well for me. One thing I noticed though, some cutscenes turn off whatever upscaling is set during specific camera cuts. It's really distracting, is anyone else seeing that?

its mostly the awful depth of field i think. and yeah upscaling doesnt seem to work on character models in the menus

RayCharlizard

Nov 2, 2017
Anyone else getting this issue during the cutscenes that have the grain effect over them? There's some sort of overlay that's not scaling properly, you can see it in the top left corner of the image.

sotuYYg.jpeg

Edit: Seems tied to render resolution. The above image is with DLAA, the below on is with DLSS Ultra Performance (720p render resolution). The overlay gradually increases in size as DLSS quality settings are lowered to increase the scale factor. Disabling DLSS/DLAA and using TAA does not fix the issue.

03KPupQ.jpeg

Last edited:

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
Is DLAA bugged too or is it just frame-gen? Honestly the 'Custom' option looks just as good.

senj

Nov 6, 2017
On a 4090 / 5800X3D at 4K with everything maxed (default AA) and DLSS off (no framegen either) I was sitting at 120 fps. I turned the AA over to DLAA which looks significantly better and framerate was down around 100-110ish fps, which is still fine by me on my VRR TV.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Is DLAA bugged too or is it just frame-gen? Honestly the 'Custom' option looks just as good.

ive used DLAA for hours with no issues.
Unfortunately I ended up turning it off and going with DLSS quality because there absolutely is places that seem to dumpster the fps without upscaling on my 4070.

Kami

Jul 13, 2020
ive used DLAA for hours with no issues.
Unfortunately I ended up turning it off and going with DLSS quality because there absolutely is places that seem to dumpster the fps without upscaling on my 4070.
DLSS is too big of an image hit for me even on Quality. Definitely not indistinguishable like most games.

I wonder if there's a way to edit the DLSS Preset. 🤔

Ruck

Oct 25, 2017
1440p@120fps w/ 12600k and 3070 on max settings with DLSS Quality. It stutters for a frame or two maybe once every 20 minutes? It's not bad at all. I'm pretty happy with the performance

fake edit: oh sometimes some objects in motion will be smeary during cutscenes? probably a DLSS thing

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
DLSS is too big of an image hit for me even on Quality. Definitely not indistinguishable like most games.

I wonder if there's a way to edit the DLSS Preset. 🤔

I agree, not a fan of DLSS here. But sadly the framedrops are more annoying IMO
Gonna give FSR Native AA + FSR framegen a spin.

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
Anyone tried it with a slightly older card like a 1070? The previous game ran fine for me, hoping this one isn't a big change.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing at 30 on the Deck. FSR made it too blurry. Without FSR it looks pristine and 30 is enough for a turn based game.
Really impressed with how it looks tbh.

Apollo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm playing at 30 on the Deck. FSR made it too blurry. Without FSR it looks pristine and 30 is enough for a turn based game.
Really impressed with how it looks tbh.

Yeah it looks stunning. You can get really good performance with FSR, but Kasuga's hair in particular is just FSR's worst nightmare so I'm mostly opting to leave it off like you.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Other than frame gen causing stutters it's been perfect for me since turning it off.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it looks stunning. You can get really good performance with FSR, but Kasuga's hair in particular is just FSR's worst nightmare so I'm mostly opting to leave it off like you.

I just got to Hawaii and it's more demanding, not holding 30 all the time like it was in Yokohama. I tried FSR3 in quality mode and the result is decent while keeping the frame-rate above 30.
Initially I was trying for 60fps so I was using lower FSR settings which looked bad, but this setting seems fine.
Otherwise I'm on medium settings with 16x texture filtering, depth of field and motion blur on. It looks great on the OLED with HDR.

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017
I'm having a blast with Like a Dragon Infinite wealth. What a game! The characters, story, new gamwplay additions makes it highly addictive.

Runs well on ps5, imo.

Lkr

Oct 28, 2017
starting to think it looks a tad better without any upscaling enabled compared to fsr3 native AA.

this isn't a game I really play for visuals though

Dinjoralo

Oct 25, 2017
its mostly the awful depth of field i think. and yeah upscaling doesnt seem to work on character models in the menus
No, I'm talking about cutscenes. Look, here's an example;
1DKvoyG.jpeg

YxxsXnW.jpeg

Compare how the glasses look. Both of these scenese are with DLSS ultra performance set, but in the first cut it looks like it's suddenly switched to using FSR1 for just that cut, before the next cut is using DLSS again. This happens all the time in these mocapped cutscenes, certain scenes turn off upscaling. If you're not playing with upscaling, then they turn off anti-aliasing. I think it's a console optimization thing that wasn't turned off on the PC version.

If you have frame gen on, then that also gets turned off, which is a lot more noticable. I've been testing that out on Steam Deck, and it's really obvious when there's suddenly no AA and everything's capped to 30 FPS.

Last edited: