Who is the best member of the Mystery Inc.?

• Scooby Doo

Votes: 76 21.5%
  • Shaggy

Votes: 91 25.7%
  • Daphne

Votes: 21 5.9%
  • Velma

Votes: 111 31.4%
  • Fred

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • The Guest Star of the Week

Votes: 15 4.2%
  • No, you are not allowed to pick Scrappy. If you do, prepare to be shamed for it.

Votes: 24 6.8%

• Total voters

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
On September 13th 1969, the very first episode of Scooby Doo, Where Are You! titled "What a Night for a Knight" aired.

x1080

Who would have thought back in 1969 that 50 years from now, Scooby Doo would still be going.

From the good.

latest

maxresdefault.jpg

MV5BNzA1ZmMyYjUtMjMzOS00NGRmLTkzMzQtZmVmN2ExMWI1NjJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg1MDQzMzc@._V1_UY1200_CR123,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fs3-ap-southeast-2.amazonaws.com%2Fnine-tvmg-images-prod%2F65%2F26%2F91%2F652691_p8175225_b_h3_be.jpg

The Bad...

7161813_3_1404.jpg

latest

The fun crossover here and there.

The-Mystery-of-Haunted-Island.jpg

0d725c2bc80e742a4688f6dfe417eb91.jpg

scooby_doo_and_guess_who_e6_scooby_wonder_woman_1_by_giuseppedirosso_dddb8g6-pre.jpg

3001f204115175703129167122407bee.jpg

To the... frankly, I don't even know what this is. But it's awesome.

The Great Dane has been going for 350 Dog Years now and would probably make another 350 Dog Years going forward.

We already know that Scooby is returning to the Big Screen next year with the Animated Feature Scoob! Which has recently had some test footage recently released, as well as showcasing some of the new character designs for the film.

The cast list also states we'll be seeing Captain Caveman, Dynomutt, The Blue Falcon (Not to be mistaken for Captain Falcon) and Dick Dastardly in this film? Drop that teaser trailer already Warner Bros. I want to know what this is all about! Today is as good as a day as any other!

Until then, a commerative limited edition Blu Ray set of the original Series has been released with a Mystery Mansion packaging, Encyclopedia of Scooby Doo and a Funko Pop that you can throw into the trash can.

67ddd961-b6ad-4c3e-a6d3-df0cc6d6425e-SD-50TH-MYSTERY-MANSION-GLAM-SHOT-FINAL-SMALL.jpg

So on this Friday the 13th which coincidentally is also Scooby Doo's Birthday, what are your best memories of Scooby Doo? Your worst memories? Where do you see the Mystery Machine crew going in the future? Are you interested in Scoob! coming out next year? And what does a Scooby Snack actually taste like?

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
One of my all time favorite franchises ever. The vhs and dvd movies, the live action films, and the shows are just so loveable.

We need a poll for favorite member of Mystery Inc. though.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Probably my favorite kids show of all time, been meaning to check out the new series with cross over famous people.

Neece

Oct 27, 2017
Is Scooby Doo still a thing for todays kids? Like, would they recognize "Zoinks!" ?

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
The only hanna barbera show to live like the cockroach....

Anyways, its obviously Velma. Velma should be the only option on the poll to begin with

OP
OP
KillstealWolf

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
One of my all time favorite franchises ever. The vhs and dvd movies, the live action films, and the shows are just so loveable.

We need a poll for favorite member of Mystery Inc. though.

Poll added, make your choice wisely because I'm not letting you change your vote on this one.

I love this franchise, so many memories

Also, you didn't put Ghoul School

I was wanting to throw Moon Mystery Madness on there as well, but the OT was getting busy as it is, so I post the trailer separately here instead.

Is Scooby Doo still a thing for todays kids? Like, would they recognize "Zoinks!" ?

Ultra Instinct Shaggy was a meme that resurfaced earlier this year and led to a bunch of people trying get Shaggy as a character in Mortal Kombat 11 of all things. Plus multiple tv shows in the last decade alone (Mystery Incorporated some will argue being the best Scooby Doo show of the bunch) and a new movie is due next year.

I think kids will still recognise the Great Dane.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't know they were making a new Scooby movie - those designs look pretty good. I'm interested.

I've watched a shitton of Scooby Doo over the years (in the late 90s/early 00s it was all over Cartoon Network in all its myriad forms) but I wouldn't really consider myself a fan. I really do want to watch Mystery Incorporated though, I feel like I'd be very into that.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
It's crazy to think that scooby doo is more relevant than looney tunes or tom and jerry.

Tom and Jerry is designed around being a pure slapstick comedy and it's attempts to have dialogue and stories all fall apart.

Looney Tunes has had pretty successful revivals or spin offs over the years, but they aren't as consistent as what Scooby Doo does.

I think Scooby Doo works so well because people inherently enjoy solving a mystery. Mix that with a very g rated horror aesthetic and you have a perfect recipe.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
Props to Frank Welker for voicing Fred in just about every single one of his appearances for all fifty years. If that's not a record for the longest run voicing a single character by now, I don't know who beats him.

Wish they'd take a stab at recasting Shaggy, though. Matthew Lillard's alright, but he's never really nailed Casey Kasem's tone.

And while we're talking about great one-off crossovers, let's not forget Bravo Dooby-Doo:

I'll also give a shout out to Scooby-Doo! Team-Up, which is an extended love letter to all things Scooby-Doo, DC, and Hanna-Barbera in general. Every issue feels like proper, authentic Scooby, but it's also jam-packed with in-jokes and shout-outs that only older readers are going to get.

HETQNNY.jpg

YISkBCE.jpg

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Man I saw that there is a sequel to Zombie Island. I got excited and then I watched the trailer. WTF disgusting shit is that!? Hype deflated instantly.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ah, this must be why VUDU is having a Scooby Doo sale. I've been wanting to see Mystery Inc. ever since reading what it's like on gaf a couple of years ago and bought the series for $20.

Oct 27, 2017
Greatest cartoon of all time with the greatest dog breed of all time as its main character.

Great Danes are the best. Scooby Doo is the best.

Chris McQueen

Self-requested ban
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
London
Fuck! I thought Daphne was Velma. I can't change my vote and I don't want to go sleep with this on my mind. :-/

Oct 28, 2017
When I was younger my favorite member was Shaggy because he was a comedic relief but watching recent Scooby stuff made Fred my favorite member. I hope the upcoming uses this version of Fred.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
Iconic

I was a spooky boy from the start, so I watched so much Scooby Doo on Cartoon Network in the late 90s. Perfect for a scaredy cat kid who was also fascinated with horror. And Zombie Island is good as hell

bremon

Oct 27, 2017
One of my favourite franchises as a kid (original series especially) and I still love it to this day. I've watched so many DVDs of that dog it's ridiculous. I used to work at a video rental store and used to play the reluctant werewolf on loop. That Blu-Ray set is awfully tempting.

ZeroDotFlow

Oct 27, 2017
Scooby Doo is one of those series that you can really take in almost any direction and have it still make complete sense. It helps that it's been going on for so long across so many different series that even though there are a few stinkers, there are some real stand outs.

ChubbyHuggs

Oct 27, 2017
Scooby Doo, Where Are You! Mystery Incorporated and A Pup Named Scooby Doo were all my jam. Had to see if the best two were leading the polls. I am not disappointed to see Scooby and Velma in the lead.

Oct 25, 2017
I know Zombie Island gets all the love but honestly I loved Witch's Ghost nearly as much thanks to the theme/setting also

AcidCat

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Bellingham WA
Obviously Shaggy is the breakout archetype from this show. Anyway, watch Mystery Inc. for the absolute best realization of what this whole concept has to offer.

Santar

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I love Scooby-Doo!
Some of my favorites are:
The early 2000's DVD movies (a great modernization of the franchise, wish they'd stuck with it)
The Boo Brothers movie (it has this creepy vibe, even though it's very silly at times too)
Mystery Incorporated (A very good more serialized take on the premise).

One of the big tragedies of Scooby-Doo is how bad the current Scooby voice is. It doesn't sound like the original at all, waay to light. No offense to Frank Welker (who is a voice acting legend, but he just isn't a good fit for Scooby).
Wish they'd let Scott Innes, who voiced Shaggy and Scooby in the early 2000's movies and games get the role back. Give him Shaggy too, Lillard isn't terrible, but Innes was a bit closer to casey kasem. Or give the guy who did the Scooby voice in the two live action movies the job, he was great I thought.

For a glimse of Scott Innes as Scooby and Shaggy:

Last edited: