takoyaki

Oct 25, 2017
I remember playing Dragon's Lair at the arcade.
It was very cool at the time. And still is special.
So which one was young dallow_bg?

that's my only real reference point for the game, but I always wanted to check out DL. Not sure if I'll like playing the game, but it's definitely historically important when it comes to the evolution of the medium (similar to Night Trap).

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Lair is truely great and Space Ace is really charming too. I almost passed but only because I've purchased them so many times.

Last edited:

Semoreh

Oct 28, 2017
France
Don't dismiss Dragon's Lair as a "meme game." It's legitimately great (at least the first one is, I've never played Time Warp) and it's pretty important historically.

It IS historically important, so "meme game" is maybe not the right term. But what I meant to say is that aside from the nostalgia factor it is wildly considered to be a poor game. Beautiful, but hard as nail, super short and yet a rage-inducing pain to finish because of the (innovative) "gameplay".

I wasn't around when it was first released, I only know it through our local French "Angry Videogame Nerd", and it's generally graded below or around 5/10 on most agreggated websites.

I'm legitimately happy for those who found a physical HD remaster they wanted, but at full price it's not for me ^^

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
It IS historically important, so "meme game" is maybe not the right term. But what I meant to say is that aside from the nostalgia factor it is wildly considered to be a poor game. Beautiful, but hard as nail, super short and yet a rage-inducing pain to finish because of the (innovative) "gameplay".

I wasn't around when it was first released, I only know it through our local French "Angry Videogame Nerd", and it's generally graded below or around 5/10 on most agreggated websites.

I'm legitimately happy for those who found a physical HD remaster they wanted, but at full price it's not for me ^^
Yeah, it's short since it was originally an arcade game, but at least it has all the games included for the price.

i-Jest

Oct 25, 2017
I feel the same way about Pier Solar HD as I do about the iOS Final Fantasy's. It's a great achievement for the Genesis, elsewhere, it makes those Kemco RPGs look good.

Not a fan of that possibility I see.

Axiom Verge? I swear I remember reading that the physical copy for the WiiU was going to be European only, but I don't believe it ever showed up on shelves. Please correct if I'm wrong.

Never heard of that, might look it up later.

heisenbrg

Jan 23, 2018
Großfrostheim
Switch carts come game card only, they have to go about packing them themselves.
Yeah, i was surprised about that. A documentary about the production of games for Switch and PS4 would be really interesting! Because PS4 games arrive at the LRG offices complete, so far i know.

Axiom Verge? I swear I remember reading that the physical copy for the WiiU was going to be European only, but I don't believe it ever showed up on shelves. Please correct if I'm wrong.
Could be, yes. My Axiom Verge Wii U preorder on amazon Spain is still active but i don't think i will ever get it.

If that's the LRG Wii U game, i'm okay with that. I already have it for Switch and don't need it for Wii U anymore. Because the Wii U is region locked i can't buy the LRG version of that game.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Curious what it is, even with the WiiU being region locked, it could be a fun thing to have regardless.
It could be Axiom Verge, I remember putting a order in, which never happened in the end here in Europe and I don't remember that game was ever announced for a physical US release.

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
I used to get excited for all of these teases, but they're often so far in the future that I don't even bother getting hyped now. It'll probably be Axiom Verge considering Bad Lands was also involved in a debacle with Velocity X2.

Lakeside

Oct 25, 2017
I guess a Wii U title will sell, but at this point I barely use mine. And a multiplatform game like that.. seems unnecessary at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
Just logged into Kickstarter for the first time in well over a week to see that I missed a request for addresses for Mages of Mystralia. Hope I'm not screwed.

Curler

Oct 26, 2017
I would say the chance of seeing any of those Sekai Vita physicals is about at 5%. A chance, but paper-thin.

Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
So it looks like it cannot be guaranteed that the address for my Mages of Mystralia can be updated. I've certainly learned my lesson about extended delivery Kickstarters.

Oct 25, 2017
Dragon's Lair isn't that great of a game, even if it was revolutionary and important at the time of its release, and also featuring some fun animations. I can see someone buying it for those reasons.

Now, all of y'all that bought Lawbreakers on the other hand...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That Outlast Briefcase version really seems a bit much for the few extras you get. I think I'll just go with the two games separate. It's barely any more expensive than getting the two digitally in Europe. It's mostly the shipment...

Oct 27, 2017
I love don bluth and dragon's lair/space ace. I've bought many copies of the collection, almost backed his indiegogo (but didn't) and was considering getting the PS4 version but I forgot about it and it sold out.

took a quick look at ebay to see that the game is hilariously up there for almost double the original price. no thanks.
maybe I'll wait 6+ months like I did for night trap to buy it at the original price (sorry about the ebay fees seller!) or just buy it digitally

Oldmario

Oct 25, 2017
I love don bluth and dragon's lair/space ace. I've bought many copies of the collection, almost backed his indiegogo (but didn't) and was considering getting the PS4 version but I forgot about it and it sold out.

took a quick look at ebay to see that the game is hilariously up there for almost double the original price. no thanks.
maybe I'll wait 6+ months like I did for night trap to buy it at the original price (sorry about the ebay fees seller!) or just buy it digitally

the CE is still in stock, you could probably flog the stuff from it on ebay

mattysaurus

Oct 27, 2017
Took a deeper look at Dragon Sinker since I was considering, but bleh, just can't get over it being Kemco. I'll save my money for a game worth my time. May pick up Layers of Fear PS4 (heard it doesn't look great on Switch) if it's still around when I pick something else up, and I'll just grab Outlast Trinity for PS4 and save $45.

Chessguy1

Oct 25, 2017
Here is the Best Buy partnership announcement.

gfP0f85.png

https://mailchi.mp/limitedrungames/limited-run-games-at-best-buy

If you bought golf story, they will allow cancellations, or if you keep it, you get a discount code.

Wonder how much the discount code will be.