• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
www.nme.com

Limp Bizkit see huge stream and sales spike after Lollapalooza set

The band have seen a spike in streams and sales since their Chicago performance.

After their performance, Limp Bizkit became a trending topic on Twitter for the rest of the weekend which has since led to a rise in the overall consumption of their discography.

Across Sunday and Monday (August 1 and 2), the band recorded a combined 1.9million on-demand streams, according to MRC Data (via Billboard). That was up 27 per cent from the previous Sunday and Monday (July 25 and 26), when the band accounted for a combined 1.5million on-demand streams.

Are y'all ready for the next Bizkit era?

giphy.gif

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
sorry for the cccccombo breaker but amidst all the talk about how streaming is terrible for any number of reasons, it's fascinating that apparently over two "normal" days without any promo or hype, the band gets 1.5 million streams.

idk if in previous iterations of the music market (physical, digital marketplace) LB or any number of forgotten bands would have generated nearly as much income (or their label, more precisely)

Joshua

Oct 27, 2017
sorry for the cccccombo breaker but amidst all the talk about how streaming is terrible for any number of reasons, it's fascinating that apparently over two "normal" days without any promo or hype, the band gets 1.5 million streams.

idk if in previous iterations of the music market (physical, digital marketplace) LB or any number of forgotten bands would have generated nearly as much income (or their label, more precisely)
Hey this is a good point and something I've wondered about as well. Income seems more perpetual (though could be smaller) vs selling a physical piece of plastic.

Potterson

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe they will finally give us this album that supposedly is getting made for years now :P

JackSwift

Oct 28, 2017

Yeah, I don't think people would have went out and bought Fleetwood Mac CDs after that guy skateboarding drinking Ocean Spray Video went viral.

Rsinart

Oct 27, 2017
Almost seen them last night, show got cancelled, supposedly someone tested positive for covid from one of the bands that were supposed to play.

excelsiorlef

Bad Praxis
Oct 25, 2017
So since they're back in some sort of social consciousness... can someone please ask them why the fuck their pretty great M:I 2 theme is called Take a Look Around when that is never sung and the chorus is now I know why you want to hate me

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wes said everything is on Fred, and he's never happy enough with the lyrics etc but the instrumentals are done.
Imagining a tortured Fred Durst sitting in the studio for 10 years struggling to come up with new unique double entendres for fucking and killing

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Jnco is still alive and well. They actually remake all the old jeans again.

Sigh...zoomers, plz...don't piss away your money on terrible fashions like we 90s olds did. Wear clothes that fit you, no matter your body type, and thank me later.

DirtyLarry

Oct 27, 2017
That extra $19,000 for them should go really far especially if it is split equally among the members.
And that is actually if they somehow make a penny a stream which they probably definitely do not.