The Climaxan

Oct 27, 2017
NC-USA
I was randomly listening to Hybrid Theory the other day thinking about how I wish the band could figure out a way to get back out there. A female vocalist is a beautiful idea.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm 100% behind this and I'll buy tickets as soon as they become available.

You could never replace Chester, so it's the best move to not even bother trying and just go in a completely different direction.

Merriweather

Oct 29, 2017
Seems like that would be the best way to move forward respectfully. Obviously, it's been 7 years so it's not something they are rushing into.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
100% down for this

This is just wishful thinking, but I'm just imaging Courtney Laplante on stage with LP and how wild that would be

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I don't get the Amy Lee stuff. Totally different voice and not really a vibe I see happening. A Haley Williams-type person would make more sense to me regarding vocals and energy and "frontmanship", if that's an actual word.

B4mv

Nov 2, 2017
This rumour has been circling around for a couple of weeks now right? It seemed pick up a bit when Mike Shinoda did a collab video with the lead singer of Stand Atlantic, who absolutely ripped it:

youtu.be

Mike Shinoda - Bleed It Out (Already Over Sessions 2023)

Tip me here : https://shorturl.at/cfCZ9Subscribe :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkREF8qboL1rXh5XBvQhIXA/?sub_confirmationFollow me on Tik Tok: https://rb....

I'm a MASSIVE Stand Atlantic fan, I have no idea how I never saw this.
I love this!

Ramsiege

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'd be there day zero for this. Might even jump in the pit at my advanced age. I'll be sure to stretch beforehand.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Obviously Chester was the lead, but it needs Rob and Joe if they're going to move forward.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To me Linkin Park was Chester. I'm not interested in someone replacing him

I don't think they're trying to "replace" him, if they were they would get a similar sounding male vocalist. This feels like the right middle ground of honoring Chester's work and also letting the band continue in a slightly different direction.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Ironically, if it had to be put on a spectrum, I've always aligned Chester's style to be more feminine than masculine. That's why it mixed well with Mike Shinoda's rougher male vocals. Would be interested.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
Amy Lee is a wildly terrible choice, I can't believe how many times her name has been mentioned in this thread. As if there are only two emo rock bands in the world lol.

I'm generally opposed to a replacement for Chester, but would fuck with Bonnie Fraser. She ripped it

Oct 25, 2017
Please let this be true. I had VIP concert tickets to go see them but Chester passed a couple months before the show. Would be a wonderful moment of closure to go see them even if it's another singer involved.

King Alamat

Nov 22, 2017
Amy Lee is a wildly terrible choice, I can't believe how many times her name has been mentioned in this thread. As if there are only two emo rock bands in the world lol.

I'm generally opposed to a replacement for Chester, but would fuck with Bonnie Fraser. She ripped it
Back in 2003, the Venn diagram between people who bought Meteora and people who got Fallen might as well have been a circle.

SatoAilDarko

Oct 25, 2017
Wow. It looks like one of those scenarios I think up sometimes could happen. I always thought the best way to get a replacement would be to get a female singer so you it would be really harder to do a direct comparison and you avoid trying to replicate Chester.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
Same. Just call it something else. This isn't Linkin Park.

It is still their band and they can do with it whatever they want. I loved Chester as an artist too and he obviously was a huge part of it all, but so were the other members. if they want to keep the name with a new singer it is their right.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Halocene does some cool covers for Linkin Park with their lead singer being a woman, so I can totally see Linkin Park picking up a woman vocalist.
Be very interested in seeing (hearing?) who it'll be.

Yourfawthaaa

Nov 2, 2017
Bronx, NY
I'm conflicted

The band got me through some dark times especially Chester's voice. But IF the new music slaps with a new lead vocalist especially female, they'll always have my support.

I also would love to see them live which is something I regret not doing while Chester was still with us.

davepoobond

Oct 25, 2017
www.squackle.com
yeah i wasnt sure what their future would be after Chester passed.

female vocalist sounds fine. even a male vocalist would. i think as long as it was mostly distinguishable?

Same as Alice in Chains, I get it, but I'm not interested.

well, with them, its like i can't even tell the difference between Jerry Cantrell and the new guy they got lmao. so it was like... why not just have Jerry sing the whole time

Jam

Oct 25, 2017
This rumour has been circling around for a couple of weeks now right? It seemed pick up a bit when Mike Shinoda did a collab video with the lead singer of Stand Atlantic, who absolutely ripped it:

youtu.be

Mike Shinoda - Bleed It Out (Already Over Sessions 2023)

Tip me here : https://shorturl.at/cfCZ9Subscribe :https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkREF8qboL1rXh5XBvQhIXA/?sub_confirmationFollow me on Tik Tok: https://rb....

Honestly I think if they're going to do it, this is the way to go. No point trying to find someone who sounds like Chester, it'll just feel like an imitation. Make it a bit different and make it its own thing.

Edit: a little weird that the whole band aren't on board yet. No reason why they wouldn't all be, surely?

The bridge is good, but otherwise I'm really not sold. I'm down with the idea in general though but she isn't a good fit.

There's a lot of times where that happens until everyone's ready to announce it. Just like rumours re Oasis reunion for 2025. A manager said last year looking like it's possible/being worked on.

I sincerely hope there's not an Oasis reunion. Ever. Let it die, it was never good to begin with.

Darkatomz

Oct 27, 2017
CA
Hell to the No. It's probably not a coincidence that Joe and Rob are not on board with this too. Even if they do go down this path, they need to change the band name and not try to directly replace Chester as that will never work. Lzzy Hale from Halestorm would be the closest fit style-wise IMO, but there's no way she will abandon her band with her brother.