• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Neoxon

Spotlighting Black Excellence - Diversity Analyst
Oct 25, 2017
Houston, TX

This was teased last night, so I'm glad to see the video go live. Plus Anthony is a great host (especially with his retro, emulation, & Linux videos).

Source: Linus Tech Tips (YouTube)

Last edited:

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I kept telling myself I didn't need or want one of these but damn man this thing seems like such a beast.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
ohohohohohohohoho

planning-cartoon.gif

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Linus has the clout and contacts at YouTube to claim fair use. Watching and yeah Anthony is great at retro stuff.

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Very cool to see. Nintendo has been DMCA'ing videos of Switch emulation on Steam Deck specifically so it's awesome to have LTT show how to legit do it legally and force the issue.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Very dumb that they felt they had to censor the gameplay footage when there's literally been a lawsuit precedent saying that using screenshots to advertise improved emulator screenshots is fair use. Someone honestly needs to take one of these overzealous publishers to court and win at least once to make an example of them.

Maybe LTT will be that someone if this video gets taken down. I can't think of mmany other people who would have enough time, money, and inclination to fight this in court. They've certainly made the video as unimpeachable as possible too.

Last edited:

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda funny that something that is possible and showed is getting depubliced

Ibuki

Feb 6, 2021
Good. Fuck Nintendo for picking on channels like The Phawx who is awesome.

Let's see what they try to do when it's LTT.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
idk how chuck has been getting people so hard recently but he always gets a lot of replies lmao

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
Great video, an Anthony-tier one for sure. Nintendo will be very happy I bet, but fuck 'em.

RedAhmed

Jan 9, 2018
Nintendo ninjas are closing in as we speak.

Seriously though, this really makes me hope there will be a Deck 2. Improve average battery life, make the fan a bit quieter (is that a word?) and improve the screen. That'll make me hop in.

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
The end of the video makes it crystal clear, this is LTT picking a fight. Will to be interesting to see how this plays out.

PinkSpider

Oct 27, 2017
theres is no way nintendo lets them keep this on youtube
Guessing when you have close to 15 million subscribers and the view count YouTube might actually listen back on the fair use thing, if anything I guess if you pushed they don't really do that in Japan so ban it on that basis from Japan only and I bet Linus has a decent contact at YouTube.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Very dumb that they felt they had to censor the gameplay footage when there's literally been a lawsuit precedent saying that using screenshots to advertise improved emulator screenshots is fair use. Someone honestly needs to take one of these overzealous publishers to court and win at least once to make an example of them.

Maybe LTT will be that someone if this video gets taken down. I can't think of mmany other people who would have enough time, money, and inclination to fight this in court. They've certainly made the video as unimpeachable as possible too.

You're in luck, because by the time they get to setting up emulators on Steam Deck, they either forgot to or intentionally stop blurring out cover art and Nintendo logos. Oops!

Puffy

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
They want Nintendo to try. Will be interesting to see how things shake out. Does Nintendo really want that smoke?