Jun 3, 2020
0sBmhYh.png

IVr9UWe.png

ABOUT THIS GAME

Developer: Double Dagger Studio
Publisher: Double Dagger Studio
Genre: Adventure / Comedy / Catformer / Sandbox
Platforms:
Xbox One/Series S|X (Also on Game Pass), Switch, PC (Steam, Microsoft Store and Itch.io)
Price: $24.99, £22.49 (With a 10% Launch Discount) [Pricing varies by region.]
Release Date: May 9th, 2024
Game Length: ~6 Hours

OpenCritic: 78
Metacritic: 81
(Scores not final; not all reviews have been counted yet.)

Description

You're a curious little kitty with a big personality, lost in the city. Will you make your way home or will you explore what the big city has to offer first? Take Kitty on an adventure to explore, make new friends, wear delightful hats, and leave more than a little chaos in your wake. After all, isn't that what cats do best?

/ᐠ .ᆺ. ᐟ\

Features

• Explore the city at your own pace in an open-world playground filled with surprises!
  • Make friends with a colorful cast of chatty animals.
  • Complete quests, help your animal friends, or cause a total ruckus. It's up to you.
  • Customize your Kitty with a plethora of very adorable hats!
  • Take a nap in the sunshine.
  • Find a way home...?

About the Studio

Double Dagger Studio is an independent game development studio founded in Bellevue, Washington, by veteran game developer Matt T. Wood. Previously, Matt worked on hit titles at Valve, including Half-Life 2 (Lead Level Designer), Portal 2 (Co-op Lead), Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Various Roles), and Left 4 Dead (Level Designer). Double Dagger Studio has been working with contractors and collaborators from across the globe on their first title, Little Kitty, Big City.

Zjg3WuZ.png

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

(Some questions and answers taken from the official Discord.)

Q: Will I be able to laze around, meow for attention, only to avoid human interaction at all costs?
A: You can absolutely do that.

Q: Is there a meow button?
A: Yes. We also call the sprint button 'zoomies'.

Q: Will it have both Mouse + Keyboard and Gamepad controls?
A: Yes to both. I'm designing primarily with controller in mind, but I also test with m+kb.

Q: Will this game be colorblind friendly?
A: I've worked on color blind modes before so I went into this game with it in mind and designed the visuals to be noticeable and obvious without relying on color only.

Q: Is there any chance LKBC would get multiplayer/coop support in the far far future?
A: Games that have multiplayer (or coop) are designed from the beginning with that in mind. Every entity or event or message sent needs to synch across a network. As for design, that also needs to consider 2 (or more) people achieving and accomplishing goals or interacting with NPCs. Does the host define what happens in the game or does each client have their own version, etc. For LKBC, I did not start out with the goal of doing mp because it is a lot of work for a game like this and when I'm doing this myself, it's a bit too much to take on. That said, depending on how the game does and demand, it could be done (but not without considerable effort :P
).

Q: Will there be a level editor?
A: Not at launch.

Q: Who composed the soundtrack and where is it available?
A: The soundtrack was composed by Riley Koenig (The American Dream, Aegis Defenders, Phantom Brigade) and is now available on
Steam and all music streaming platforms.

Q: Is there merch available?
A:
Yes, of course!

QYYgUqb.png

Last edited:

DECK’ARD

Creator of Worms
Verified
Nov 26, 2017
UK
I completely forgot this was out today.

Thanks for the OT. Give me all the cats.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
Looking forward to checking this out later! Haven't really looked too much into it beyond a couple of trailers.

Any word on how long it is? 5-6 hours would be perfect.

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to checking this out later! Haven't really looked too much into it beyond a couple of trailers.

Any word on how long it is? 5-6 hours would be perfect.

I've been playing it for review and got through the main story bit in 3 hours or so. But hadn't finished all the side quests and only collected about half of the hats and achievements in that time

CanUKlehead

Oct 30, 2017
My last cat had recently passed and that very first fall in Stray where the cat is limping made me rage sad uninstall. That was at launch.

Does it get rougher?
That was probably the big one, but, yeah, not the only emotional punch in the game.

I wanted rainbows like this game looks like it has.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
I've been playing it for review and got through the main story bit in 3 hours or so. But hadn't finished all the side quests and only collected about half of the hats and achievements in that time

Thanks for the info! Sounds like maybe 6ish hours all in then? Something fun to play over the weekend.

twister926

Apr 28, 2022
I need some positivity with my life right now and I'm crazy for cats, so I will likely play it on GP soon.

Completely different tone and gameplay than Stray but it's fine (I love Stray btw).

Zaro

Nov 13, 2017

I've laugh so much, thanks!

My boys have some eShop point ready for this game.
I think this will be a hit here.
The only let down is that, i think, we can't customise our cat beside hats.

Edit: Is downloading it on gamepass give more money to the dev?

Last edited:
PSA: Make manual saves intermittently New

Muetsch

Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick warning from my side:

Make manual saves every now and then. I completely ruined my main save by falling through the floor, into an underground vent with no exit and no I'm boned

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Just a quick warning from my side:

Make manual saves every now and then. I completely ruined my main save by falling through the floor, into an underground vent with no exit and no I'm boned

Oh yikes! Shame there's no pause menu option for that like in Another Crab's Treasure!

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Oh nice, is this a Gamepass release?

Will pick up on Switch down the line but want to play it and it's an otherwise expensive month

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
This looks pretty adorable

I also would have accepted:
Little Kitty, Big City |OT| Good Cat, Maad City

OP
OP
doops.

doops.

Jun 3, 2020
Reviews are out, and the overall consensus seems to be that it is indeed as charming and fun as Untitled Goose Game; however, much like that game, full completion takes less than 6 hours.

fifthblight

Apr 8, 2024
My last cat had recently passed and that very first fall in Stray where the cat is limping made me rage sad uninstall. That was at launch.

Does it get rougher?

There are points in the game where the cat can be hurt or defeated, but there aren't that many of them, they aren't graphic, and they're gameplay-dependent--if you're good at running away or simple stealth, you won't see them at all.

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Still not showing on gamepass for me, partner is itching to play it while I'm out tonight

Sponged

Oct 29, 2017
Still won't launch on gamepass on Xbox (it has let me install now though) is this going to be similar to untitled goose game but a cat? Partner can't wait because cats, but even I may end up enjoying it if it catches any of the vibes of the goose game.

Sasliquid

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna be a few weeks before I can play, but my questions, how big is the city? And how little is the kitty?

Wonky Mump

Oct 30, 2017
I feel dumb. How do I set the game to download to my system if I'm away from home? Does the system have to be left on? That can't be right.
You can do remote install using the Xbox app, but I think the console needs to be on the "always on" setting for it to work. I don't use the feature often and my main Series X is always set to on so I can't confirm for sure.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
You can do remote install using the Xbox app, but I think the console needs to be on the "always on" setting for it to work. I don't use the feature often and my main Series X is always set to on so I can't confirm for sure.
Blegh. That's crazy. I could do this on my 3DS. I'll look into enabling that when I get home I guess and won't play the game with the kids tonight. Ah well.

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Was pretty tempted to grab this but I can't seem to find it on UK PS store?