Messofanego

Oct 25, 2017
UK
Thank you MrCafecito made a profile and logged a bunch of games just now that I want to keep track of. I already use lists on Steam for this, but this is helpful on keeping the progression updated.

Li Kao

Oct 25, 2017
- trying Backloggd -

Why does the site insists on displaying 'Completed' in the journal when I decidedly clicked on 'Abandoned' ?

pixeldreams

Oct 27, 2017
- trying Backloggd -

Why does the site insists on displaying 'Completed' in the journal when I decidedly clicked on 'Abandoned' ?
For whatever reason, regardless of the status you place on the game in the Log page, it always defaults to Completed on the Playthroughs page, it's annoying but I've learned to check it when I add a game.

Xadra

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2018
I just started using Backlogged, after months of searching for a nice website to track played games and the upcoming titles. I settle with Backlogged

It's not exactly what I was searching for, but I'm saw commitment and they managed to pull out all the IGDB games database (some other tracking sites are not able to do it).

AzorAhai

Oct 29, 2017
I'm actually using Senscritique for this. It's a French website similar to this one but it also has movies/shows/books/music.

That said, since I'm mainly posting on international forums, it might be funnier to use this one and share.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm actually using Senscritique for this. It's a French website similar to this one but it also has movies/shows/books/music.

That said, since I'm mainly posting on international forums, it might be funnier to use this one and share.
It would be more accessible, yeah. Though a website that has all of those categories sounds very useful!

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Hi all, Thank you MrCafecito for posting this thread. I've had a lot of fun cataloging all my games over the past couple of months and have now reached 52 games completed in 2021 and over 400 games completed in total.

I followed most of you who shared their profile in the thread so here's mine: https://www.backloggd.com/u/thelongestj/

Now after rating all my games, I've moved on to rating all the albums in my collection on rateyourmusic and that is a much bigger undertaking.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Hi all, Thank you MrCafecito for posting this thread. I've had a lot of fun cataloging all my games over the past couple of months and have now reached 52 games completed in 2021 and over 400 games completed in total.

I followed most of you who shared their profile in the thread so here's mine: https://www.backloggd.com/u/thelongestj/

Now after rating all my games, I've moved on to rating all the albums in my collection on rateyourmusic and that is a much bigger undertaking.
Followed!
I tried to log movies in Letterboxd as you're doing with music, but I gave up quickly since I'm not a very good movie critic haha

Miamiwesker

Oct 25, 2017
Miami

Followed, good stuff. Just a note, if you are doing the games completed for this year make a separate list for those games. It's much easier to see and count than going through the journal. It doesn't need to be ranked, just throw all games you beat this year in the list and you will have the number of games and them easily viewed. This could be a different list than a GOTY list of games that came out this year.

OP
OP
MesaEterna

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Followed, good stuff. Just a note, if you are doing the games completed for this year make a separate list for those games. It's much easier to see and count than going through the journal. It doesn't need to be ranked, just throw all games you beat this year in the list and you will have the number of games and them easily viewed. This could be a different list than a GOTY list of games that came out this year.
I agree with this. I have a dedicated list for 2021 and 2020 completed games that I update every time I complete a game (if I remember lol)

Cantona222

Chicken Chaser
Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
I like the idea of documenting the games I played. That's why I like the xbox achievement system. It tells me whether I played the game or not, the date I played the game, and whether I beat it or not. I love how it's done automatically. The PS Trophies are similar but a little bit late (I have no proof that I played Uncharted in 2007). Well, Nintendo is the worst at this.

thelongestj

Oct 27, 2017
Followed!
I tried to log movies in Letterboxd as you're doing with music, but I gave up quickly since I'm not a very good movie critic haha
I have Letterboxd and Goodreads too. Next year's goal is to read 52 books. There will probably have to be a lot of graphic novels if I
m going to reach that goal.

Good idea, after I add some more impressions I will make that list and post in the games beat in 2021 thread. I think this is my first year ever accomplishing 52 games finished in one year!