Status
Not open for further replies.

mreddie

Oct 26, 2017
Man, 2016-Present is all about ruining your idols.
snipes.jpg

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
Hmmm no. "crossfire" is not accurate. IDF is intentionally destroying innocent Palestinian lives.

slider

Nov 10, 2020
Thanks for the comment. I long for the time where Israel built settlements in occupied territories unilaterally and didn't give a shit (along with the rest of the world). A glorious time... /s

And that's not going into the detail of the IDF's brutality against Palestinians.

Mekanos

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 17, 2018
I am not really surprised at this point when an older Jewish person is ardently supportive of Israel. It's a miracle I can get people like my dad (who is also Jewish and about Blum's age) to come around to a somewhat different perspective of the matter.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna need receipts on that

It's been super disappointing, and the lack of self-awareness has been jaw dropping. Destroying Alderaan was a sad and unfortunate, but necessary, step to root out the Rebellion, I guess?

The current genocide has exposed a lot of people. It's pretty sad. Cmon Steve. Not to mention a total ahistorical propagandized, borderline Islamophobic, view on the region as a whole.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017
Ugh 7 months in with Palestinians suffering an active famine from starvation being used as a weapon and there are still people bothsidesing. They are heartless ignorant fucks.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It's starting to seem like statistically, a bunch of people you like will turn out to be not very good.

JuicyPlayer

Feb 8, 2018
anything more recent that this? Plenty of people changed their mind after really seeing the one sided killings
I honestly can't find anything else other than people online being mad at him and him openly supporting Biden which could also be just conservatives being mad at him and not people that actually support Palestine.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI

Beefsquid

Oct 27, 2017
USA
anything more recent that this? Plenty of people changed their mind after really seeing the one sided killings

He hasn't been vocal at all regarding Palestine. He posts constantly about Ukraine (rightfully), but hasn't said anything one way or another about the genocide in Palestine.

He was recently doing a lot of photo-op and campaign PR with Biden though, so he at least isnt largely opposed to how Biden is handling things regarding this.

So yeah, I don't know if you can say he's full on zionist or anything, but he has been disappointingly quiet on that topic.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017

I mean, on the surface this makes sense to me. I see Likud and Hamas as two sides of the same coin. Civilians are caught in the middle. Netanyahu only cares about himself, not the future of his country (going by the protests in Tel Aviv, many Israelis also feel this way).

Disappointed to hear about Steve Blum. I'm so glad Chris Evans has pretty much left social media to go home and become a family man. I can still cling to something, sigh...

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

A expect he is learning and growing like a lot of people should. For the most part, the decades of oppression and apartheid Palestinians have lived under has been pretty much been ignored so with Palestinian emancipation finally being given air to breath I expect a lot of people will hopefully educate themselves. The more recent tweet by him is much improved.

M.Bluth

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm...
surrounding territories filled with people who historically wanted/want all Jews exterminated
But, last I checked Israel wasn't in Europe.

Seriously, this isn't new. I am tired of it, though.
I get Netanyahu has been trying to credit the grand mufti or whoever of giving Hitler the idea for the Holocaust, but it bears mentioning because it seems to occasionally be (and conveniently) forgotten that the Holocaust was a crime committed by Germany and is the culmination of centuries of European Christian antisemitism. Not Palestinians or Arabs.

And no, not even fucking Hamas, with all the war crimes they're guilty of, are the new Nazis. Those are still around in the West and are in fact slowly regaining popularity in Germany.

So you know, it's well past time for Westerners to get a grip.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
People like Blum and sadly Mount are going to be those people who pretend they didn't know how bad it was once some time has passed and the dust clears.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
I think it's really important to note the difference between this tweet from Hamill -- which came literally the day after the Hamas attack -- and Tara Strong claiming that Muslims are trying to take over the world.

PhoenixAKG, it might be good to add some of what Tara was saying to the OP, to give context as to what Blum is defending:

QFzusUW.png
1udw69f.png

jJEMV0b.png
bsbFqYY.png
This is all pretty abhorrent and no one should be defending her with posts like this.

While I detect no lies in this.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
Steve Blum said:
Netanyahu has carried out atrocities on innocents caught in the crossfire cuz Hamas insists on hiding behind human shields. Do you have an answer?

Not shooting those human shields is a nice start, I would think.

Scuffed

Oct 28, 2017

Now THIS is irredeemable dogshit. Even Islamophobes like Amy Schumer reigned in their extremism for the sake of their public perception and here is this guy who seemingly just came out of a cryosleep or came through a hole in space and has no idea what has been happening for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.