Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
As the title states I'm looking for advice for how to bypass the PS3's frustrating baked in HDCP output. I've heard a HDMI splitter is the best option, does anybody use one and if so can you recommend one that is worthwhile? (good picture quality, actually works in practice)

Alternatively I'm open to hearing other options for capturing high quality PS3 footage via a capture card linked up to a PC.
I'm not sure where to post a thread like this but I really want to make sure I'm making educated purchases so I don't burn through money attempting to capture footage of older games.

Thanks anyone who can help out with this!

Desma

"This guy are sick"
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I just used the first HDMI Splitter I saw online.

Works great

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Yeah, so the Elgato is not officially supported but using a splitter is the way to go about it.

The weird issue is that not all splitters will work, I'm not really techy so I don't know why that would be. Here's a splitter my friend used when he did it:

Not sure if it's the best, worst or somewhere in between, but it worked for him so it might work for you.

I_love_potatoes

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jul 6, 2020
Turns out a lot of people used that splitter. There you go OP. šŸ˜‚

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
OP
OP
Appollowexx

Appollowexx

Oct 27, 2017
Appollowexx Bob released a video today that may interest you.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEyoqkJDhEc

www.retrorgb.com

HDMI Switch, Splitter and Extractor Shootout

https://youtu.be/GEyoqkJDhEc Hereā€™s a shootout of a bunch of HDMI splitters, switches and audio extractors Iā€™ve been using. They're all zero-lag devices (even in downscaling modes!) and appear to work well with retro gaming devices, including the OSSC. The first ā€œreviewsā€ are the longest, as th

Thanks for the heads up. I actually picked up a splitter now that works fairly well so far. But I appreciate the responses!