• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm already subscribed to a few channels that deliver interesting, often unsettling stories focused on paranormal mysteries, real-life events or just discussions about the horror genre (including discussions/recommendations on horror games, movies and/or series), but I'd like to add a few more under my belt as it makes for good incentive in late night WFH overtime sessions.

A few of the spooky-themed channels I'm subscribed to include:

Feel free to also list any original YouTube series, although keep in mind I'm already aware of Marble Hornets, Everyman Hybrid, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared and Petscop.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How about this guy? I just stumbled onto one of his videos but I liked it.

Deleted member 7148

Oct 25, 2017
Bedtime Stories is pretty good. It's essentially spooky stories from real accounts of supernatural stuff. Cool illustrations too.

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
One I can't see that I'm surprised you aren't subbed to is Nightmind, he does deep dives on horror ARGs mostly, but it is a good one to look at for new and upcoming ones - he's started putting a site together to try and monitor/catalogue them too

https://www.youtube.com/c/NightMind
https://www.nightmind.info/

There's also Inside A Mind, simular thing, but the ARGs he looks at aren't always horror related

https://www.youtube.com/c/InsideAMindInsideAMind/

I'll have a gander at my subs and see if I have anymore, I tend to love this shit too.

Mirado

Jul 7, 2020
I'm already subscribed to a few channels that deliver interesting, often unsettling stories focused on paranormal mysteries, real-life events or just discussions about the horror genre (including discussions/recommendations on horror games, movies and/or series), but I'd like to add a few more under my belt as it makes for good incentive in late night WFH overtime sessions.

A few of the spooky-themed channels I'm subscribed to include:

Feel free to also list any original YouTube series, although keep in mind I'm already aware of Marble Hornets, Everyman Hybrid, Don't Hug Me I'm Scared and Petscop.

https://www.youtube.com/c/LEMMiNO - Started as a top ten meme channel, switched gears to some of the highest quality documentary videos on Youtube. If you are looking for real life mysteries and a touch of the paranormal, you'll love what he does on D.B Cooper, UFOs, the lost Roanoke colony, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/c/JCSCriminalPsychology- This is less paranormal or traditional horror and more true crime and psychology, but there's no denying that most of these are deeply unsettling looks into the interrogation of sociopathic, disturbed, or otherwise callous and coldhearted people.

https://www.youtube.com/c/FredrikKnudsen/videos - If you like Atrocity Guide, Down The Rabbit Hole should really be up your alley. He does a blend of internet weirdness and subcultures (Temple OS, Time Cube, furries, etc) and real life events (mass Austrian wine poisoning, a fantastic look at Deep Blue, the horrifying mouse Utopia experiments).

Between those three, you should find at least a few videos that tick your boxes.

Weiss

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If it's cool to hijack the thread with my own question, are there any good channels about cryptids and urban legends? I'd like the material to be presented seriously (I know, I know) instead of the handful I went looking for where it was WatchMojo levels of detachment.

HStallion

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you like horror short stories read by a guy with a great voice for such things then check out HorrorBabble. Mostly it's older short stories like those from Lovecraft but I've found out about a ton of lesser known horror authors and discovered tons of great stories.

Marossi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You probably should look for blameitonjorge videos. Great investigative mini-documentaries, mostly in Lost Media stuff but many of which are pretty creepy by itself. Probably my favorite YouTube channel within the investigative mini-documentaries genre.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One I can't see that I'm surprised you aren't subbed to is Nightmind, he does deep dives on horror ARGs mostly, but it is a good one to look at for new and upcoming ones - he's started putting a site together to try and monitor/catalogue them too

https://www.youtube.com/c/NightMind
https://www.nightmind.info/

There's also Inside A Mind, simular thing, but the ARGs he looks at aren't always horror related

https://www.youtube.com/c/InsideAMindInsideAMind/

I'll have a gander at my subs and see if I have anymore, I tend to love this shit too.

I actually am subscribed to NightMind, forgot to include him.

The thing that tends to annoy me with ARG analysis videos is how they essentially summarize and give away the entirety of the ARG. I'd prefer something where they recommend it while only listing a few minor spoilers on why they're worth checking out.

If you like horror short stories read by a guy with a great voice for such things then check out HorrorBabble. Mostly it's older short stories like those from Lovecraft but I've found out about a ton of lesser known horror authors and discovered tons of great stories.

Oh yes, I definitely would welcome some audiobooks of good horror that are presented with a good voice, maybe even music and sound effects.

I don't know if I'll ever have the patience to read a Lovecraft story on my own, but a recent attempt to listen to an audiobook of In The Mouth of Madness on Spotify left me real bored real fast.

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Final Season of Buzzfeed Unsolved Paranormal is coming up, but Ryan and Shane have their new channel, Watcher where they have:
Are You Scared? Where they read user submitted stories, be they fiction or real
Too Many Spirits, where they sit around a fire one night, and drink, while reading user submitted stories.
They also have Puppet History, where puppets retell history.

Going to assume that their follow up to Unsolved will start there once the final season airs.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
ScaredyCats - I initially came across Mil-Dread and this channel via Thought Slime, but it's a fun critique/series about horror films

JayCB64

Oct 25, 2017
Wales
I actually am subscribed to NightMind, forgot to include him.

The thing that tends to annoy me with ARG analysis videos is how they essentially summarize and give away the entirety of the ARG. I'd prefer something where they recommend it while only listing a few minor spoilers on why they're worth checking out.
I get you, I will say he's been a bit better lately about denoting a bit of time in the videos to hyping up the ARGs then recommending pausing and watching them before coming back, even providing links to the channels or playlists for you to make it nice and easy.

Richiek

Nov 2, 2017
Mr. Nightmare's channel is pretty good. Funny enough, I listen to it to fall asleep LOL

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
Dead Meat! They have podcasts about horror movies and kill counts going over the plot and deaths in horror movies.

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
If it's cool to hijack the thread with my own question, are there any good channels about cryptids and urban legends? I'd like the material to be presented seriously (I know, I know) instead of the handful I went looking for where it was WatchMojo levels of detachment.

mega64 has a new one called mega strange. they cover more than just cryptids but they are having fun with it.

carrot_

Feb 21, 2021
Not sure if it's in exactly the same vein, but I really got into Overnight/TFIL's stuff recently. It can also be kind of silly, but I like that because the guys are also just fun to watch. Though I finally had to take a break after bingeing a bunch of their stuff for a week because it was affecting my sleeping quality and I kept waking up freaked out in the middle of the night. But I'm also a major coward so it's probably just a me thing lol.

Hoggle

Mar 25, 2021
I can't remember the channels, but the scariest ones I've seen have been people urban exploring in dodgy areas.

There was one in Brazil where they sent a "kill team" into the sewers the day after the original exploration footage was shot and the guy would most likely have been killed had he gone the following day. But the creepiest was a guy exploring old storm water drains and a random homeless dude walked up to him and told him not to keep heading in the direction he was because the junkies down that way would murder him, and you could faintly hear a bunch of people a few hundred metered around one of the bends making godawful noises.

The problem is these were filmed ages ago and since then a bunch of channels have popped up with overly dramatic people and clearly faked situations, so it's hard to find the good stuff. By even if nothing happens in a video simply sitting in the dark with a good pair of headphones while some explores an empty train station can be intense.

Dec 30, 2020
NightMind is fun.

Nana825763 is an interesting channel. Japanese guy did an amazing blind Let's Play of Minecraft where he refuses to look up ANYTHING and just works everything out by testing.

Then every so often he'll post some of the most horrifying videos you've ever seen. Then it's right back to Minecraft.

In Praise of Shadows is also a nice, analytical horror channel.

Oct 25, 2017
Been wanting to make a thread like this for a while. Cool to get some new channels to watch.
A good one is ScareTheater, though he hasn't updated in a long time (I think he's busy with school).

Anyone have good creepypasta narration channels?

SoundCheck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
The Kirlian Frequency is a great argentine short animation series. It's about a radio program telling the news of a supernatural small city. It has a distinctive animation style that works pretty well with the stories.

TheFurizzlyBear

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
While I am a sucker for this stuff, I'm also a pretty big skeptic.

Are these videos at least within the realm of "can't explain that weirdness" or are they easily debunked fakes?
Out of all the aggregate people I've watched I think Nuke does the best in filtering out the obvious fakes. I ain't gonna say that some don't slip in cus there are a few but his presentation helps cus he will do some extra research on the videos to help get some details when possible.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The Kirlian Frequency is a great argentine short animation series. It's about a radio program telling the news of a supernatural small city. It has a distinctive animation style that works pretty well with the stories.

Saw it on Netflix, pretty good stuff.

They ever make more?

LilScooby77

Dec 11, 2019
Blameitonjorge is also a good one .(of your list I regularly watch nick crowly, reignbot, nextpo and lazy masquerade). Also not a creepy channel but I enjoy the way Quinn narrates some of his creepy explanations.

Last edited:

Turbowaffles

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna give this topic a little bump.

I wish you could categorize your channel list on YouTube. I'm subscribed to hundreds and hundreds and I'd love to make a "Creepy/Paranormal/Horror" category.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Gotta give thanks to this thread for introducing me to Dead Meat. In the last two months I think I've listened to every podcast they put out, aside from the spoiler reviews of the movies I haven't seen yet. But I am now actively watching those movies just so I can listen to those remaining episodes. Also love James's Kill Count videos on YouTube. Sometimes I don't like the high energy of younger YouTubers and podcasters or show hosts (IGN, old Collider, etc.) but I really like James and Chelsea.