• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Larry Hryb aka Major Nelson just posted this on Twitter

So, it looks like Gears 4 is going to be hitting Game Pass on December 1st. That's one heck of an addition to the library and should bring a nice boost to the playerbase.

SunDimension24

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Or you could be getting a free gears of war pin with every purchase of gamepass at your favorite retailer....We should not rush to conclusions.
Yayyyy!![\SPOILER]

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
So I wasn't expecting that. Makes GamePass a great value with both Halo 5, Gears 4, and ReCore + more. I wonder why they haven't added Quantum Break yet. They need to add their first party games to the system and this is a good move. Gears 4 is only a year old. This makes sense why they want service based games...after they get old, add them to GamePass and get extra money from microtransactions on top of the $120 a year. I am willing to bet that they will announce an exclusive for GamePass at next years E3, it will only make sense to do so.

Also, it's a Play Anywhere title, so you get it on Windows 10 as well, for those PC gamers who want to try it for the cheap...especially with black Friday getting a month of GamePass for $1.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
Wow that's awesome. I have a free trial to game pass and imo I might just keep it. $9.99 a month is a great deal for all these games.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear for Xbox peoples. Gears 4 is a really, really solid game and I think the best in the franchise.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
So I wasn't expecting that. Makes GamePass a great value with both Halo 5, Gears 4, and ReCore + more. I wonder why they haven't added Quantum Break yet. They need to add their first party games to the system and this is a good move. Gears 4 is only a year old. This makes sense why they want service based games...after they get old, add them to GamePass and get extra money from microtransactions on top of the $120 a year. I am willing to bet that they will announce an exclusive for GamePass at next years E3, it will only make sense to do so.

Also, it's a Play Anywhere title, so you get it on Windows 10 as well, for those PC gamers who want to try it for the cheap...especially with black Friday getting a month of GamePass for $1.

Gears before QB is interesting but I guess they want all those people who are getting XB1 this holiday to play it.

Try to build the franchise again, get some MT $$, shows off the X well and push game pass subs.
Not sure QB would have the same effect although it should be in there

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
Gears before QB is interesting but I guess they want all those people who are getting XB1 this holiday to play it.

Try to build the franchise again, get some MT $$, shows off the X well and push game pass subs.

Those points are valid and I agree. I was just stating that i would have thought that MS would get their 1st party games on the service quickly.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised Gears is added, I said on Neogaf it would probably be added in November to steer the headlines from "X game leaves game pass" to "Gears 4 comes to game pass".

December will probably be the first month games get removed since they're adding a big game.

Yep, they will make more off mtx adding Gears to Game Pass than they would make off new subscribers adding QB.

But I was surprised QB wasn't there at launch, so.. I can't imagine it's too far behind, maybe early next year?

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't realize there was a $1 gamepass thing going on soon. I might get in on that just for Gears 4, though I do not look forward to downloading 100gb for a ~10 hour game.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, I just bought Gears 4 with my One X. Guess I won't be keeping my subscription for now, you don't keep them ala PS+ correct? You can only play the current rotation with a sub? As a new Xbox owner, it doesn't seem like a great deal.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok they got me I signed up for game pass. $1 is hard to say no to.

Quick side question where do I find this lounge thing they talk about on the FAQ, where the goals are posted?

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Those points are valid and I agree. I was just stating that i would have thought that MS would get their 1st party games on the service quickly.

I guess as uptake seems kinda slow on the service they are using their titles to push it (which imo are a lot more desirable than most of the other stuff on it) so they will spread them out.

Recore also hit before QB, so I guess they're saving that for later

Oct 27, 2017
Not surprised Gears is added, I said on Neogaf it would probably be added in November to steer the headlines from "X game leaves game pass" to "Gears 4 comes to game pass".

December will probably be the first month games get removed since they're adding a big game.

Yep, they will make more off mtx adding Gears to Game Pass than they would make off new subscribers adding QB.

But I was surprised QB wasn't there at launch, so.. I can't imagine it's too far behind, maybe early next year?

I thought they said they won't be removing games in the past?

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Welp last Gears I bought, now you can finish singleplayer and play multi for a month for a dollar. ;p But seriously, it's an incredible add even if it's partially to cover up the first removals.

zedox

Oct 28, 2017
I guess as uptake seems kinda slow on the service they are using their titles to push it (which imo are a lot more desirable than most of the other stuff on it) so they will spread them out.

Recore also hit before QB, so I guess they're saving that for later
I guess to have a game during the "dead" part of the year makes sense. They'll probably add games like Ryse, and Ori later on as well. Obviously all their 1st party games will eventually get on the service. A year later really sets a precedent though, but I guess it depends on how well a game sold as well because we don't see Forza Horizon 3 on there...but I guess because it's still selling based off of its DLC. I wouldn't be surprised if they did put it on GamePass in January though to coincide with the X enhancements.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not too fond of GOW multiplayer, but I have the other chapters from GwG and such and I am slowly playing through the episodes. I played through the Remastered of the first one when the Game Pass was available for free for alpha members, guess I'll play through GoW4 using the Game Pass trial I still have lying around.

Overall a really great service, tons of quality games for a very small price. If I didn't own hundreds of games already and thus a great share of what's in the pass it would be fantastic, buying an Xbox One S for 200 bucks or so, get 1-2 months of this and I get a very good look at some of the best games in Xbox's library before deciding what I want to buy.

Minx

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Illinois
If I have the free month from the Xbox One X should u use that first and then add a month for $1 or the other way around? I'm assuming one of the offers is only for new customers.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's actually irrelevant to people getting the X since that comes with a month that is not stackable with this deal I just found out.

In a related note, first person to message me gets a 1 month sub to game pass code.

Is it, though? I think you could just not use your 1 month code, subscribe for 1 month using the 1$ deal since your account never had Game Pass, turn off auto renew, and when the month is over you use the code. 2 months, 1$.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Is it, though? I think you could just not use your 1 month code, subscribe for 1 month using the 1$ deal since your account never had Game Pass, turn off auto renew, and when the month is over you use the code. 2 months, 1$.

It is possible that would work I guess. Only if MS doesn't keep track of previous subscriptions though, which I doubt they would forget. I just purchased the $1 thing and then tried to stack the code in the box, but it said it only worked for new subscribers.