splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Does this seem like something worth waiting for? I was looking to grab while it's on sale and get a quick Platinum before the deluge of 24 releases hits.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Is something like this generally difficult to implement? 'Cause I was kinda buffaloed that they didn't launch with it.

OP
OP
JBoogieG

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
Is something like this generally difficult to implement? 'Cause I was kinda buffaloed that they didn't launch with it.
Probably depends on the game. For the Saints Row series it's somewhat well known from the devs themselves for games after SR2 that it would be a huge pain in the ass to implement NG+ due to how the game handles world states.
Does this seem like something worth waiting for? I was looking to grab while it's on sale and get a quick Platinum before the deluge of 24 releases hits.
It was definitely a surprise hit of last year. Ymmv like all things but the reception to it before and after the demo came out was a pretty amazing change.

Oct 25, 2017

No, get it now. Everyone loved it and those who have finished it (not me) were champing at the bit for this mode.

I know this is a typo but please don't change it becowse it's hilarious.

As OP states it seems like it might be ok.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017

There's one achievement you can kind of screw yourself with but the game has a soft chapter select by making separate save games for ever single chapter (every game should let you have this!) so you can get those chapter specific achievements later if you missed any.

HOTSPUR

Oct 25, 2017
what's the ps5 sale price looking like?? (can't look atm, being on mobile used to be an excuse but im cooking dinner for the gf and my daughter and the ps app hates me)

OP
OP
JBoogieG

JBoogieG

Aug 2, 2022
SW Virginia
There's one achievement you can kind of screw yourself with but the game has a soft chapter select by making separate save games for ever single chapter (every game should let you have this!) so you can get those chapter specific achievements later if you missed any.
Oh man, when I discovered this I was amazed. I also wish more games did this by default. The fact it still let's you do your own saves at the same time is a masterstroke.
what's the ps5 sale price looking like?? (can't look atm, being on mobile used to be an excuse but im cooking dinner for the gf and my daughter and the ps app hates me)
41.99 for standard and 48.99 for the Alex Murphy edition looks like.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Not for me but I can see why people would want it with how substantial the final upgrades are and how long it takes to get them.

Also I assume you can't get all the upgrades in one playthrough, right? I'm over halfway though and feel like I'm only at 30%.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
Hell yeah, I'm good for another run.

Looking forward to all the fresh maxed-out NG+ players running into trouble with the exploding dam mission, if they didn't the first time.

Also I assume you can't get all the upgrades in one playthrough, right? I'm over halfway though and feel like I'm only at 30%.

Yep. I prioritized the "get extra XP" perks and did all the side stuff and I think I was about 75%, maybe.