Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hi Era. Having another family wataspp quiz night tomorrow.

We have decided our 10 questions will be on TLOTR books.

Am a fan and will get 10 good questions together but thought it would be fun to ask the good kind folks on Era.

So please can you pose a question and spoiler the solution and it may be used.

It might also be fun to test the folks here hence asking for spoilers please.

We are quite knowledgeable as a group so don't worry if you go for the obscure.

Thanks in advance.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It's weird that I like LOTR too, but as soon as I try to pick out any random bit of trivia my mind just goes completely blank.

Who was the greatest of Morgoth's dragons, and led them in the War of Wrath?

Ancalagon the Black

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
I like Tom Bombadil questions because even easy ones will stump movie only folks.

What color were Tom Bombadil's boots?

Yellow

What is Tom Bombadil?

Eldest

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
What ring does Gandalf wear? and what magic is he the wielder of against the Balrog?

iirc it's Narya and the flame of Anor

What is Gandalf's sword?

Glamdring

Which Rohan book character does Gandalf set out to find during the Two Towers who is absent from the movie?

Erkenbrand

Who is the progenitor of Shelob?

Ungoliant

What is the hammer of Morgoth called, which is also the name of the battering ram used during the siege of Minas Tirith?

Grond, the hammer of the underworld

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
What is Durin's Bane?

The Balrog of Morgoth

What Hobbit lead the Hobbits during the Battle of Greenfields?

Bandobras or Bullroarer Took

Who forged Narsil?

Telchar of Novgrod

Last edited:

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Why didn't the eagles drop the ring into Mount Doom?

If you have the answer the internet will implode

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
What were the two names given to the sword acquired by Turin Turambar and who created it?
Anglachel and Gurthang and created by Eol

How may Elves originally awoke in Middle-earth and what was the name of that place?
144 in Cuivienen

Name all the beings who have fought balrogs and the results of those battles.
Feanor, Ecthelion of the Fountain, Glorfindel, Gandalf the Grey. They all died.

Name the three houses of the Race of Men.
The House of Beor, The House of Haleth and the House of Hador

What is the name of the language of the Race of Dwarves.
Khuzdul

Where did Galadriel and Celeborn originally meet?
Doriath

Last edited:

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever™
Sep 24, 2019
Even though you said that your group is knowledgeable ... be careful with trivia. The minute details that have wormed their way into your brain may be independent to you. I'd suggest tossing in a few easy ones that somebody who simply finished the books would get. Maybe *slightly* more difficult than easy.

Source: I've been doing weekly trivia with friends during quarantine.

OP
OP
Any Questions

Any Questions

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
UK
What were the two names given to the sword acquired by Turin Turambar and who created it?

How may Elves originally awoke in Middle-earth and what was the name of that place?

Outch! Some real tricky ones here Edmond. To be fair am stuck on most of them

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Even if you accept that the eagles wouldn't simply have been corrupted by the ring like basically everyone else that tries to take the ring, you only feel clever about WHY NOT USE EAGLES if you for some reason believe that the legions and legions of orcs and men at Sauron's disposal, complete with airborne ring wraiths and an all seeing eye simply wouldn't have noticed or tried to stop the eagles at any point if they tried flying in with the ring of power.

Tuorom

Oct 30, 2017
Then why was Gandalf an ass and used his favor to get a Uber ride instead of destroying the ring?
Because Gandalf is a great dude to everyone and they like him so they'd do him this favour of saving him from death/imprisonment.

"hey mind flying through Mordor and dying to Nazgul for the chance of succeeding in dropping the ring into Mt. Doom" is kinda a much bigger ask. This "plot hole" has always been silly.

Nigel Tufnel

Mar 5, 2019
Even though you said that your group is knowledgeable ... be careful with trivia. The minute details that have wormed their way into your brain may be independent to you. I'd suggest tossing in a few easy ones that somebody who simply finished the books would get. Maybe *slightly* more difficult than easy.

Source: I've been doing weekly trivia with friends during quarantine.
1000%

We have a copy of Harry Potter and the Sorceror's Stone Trivial Pursuit. Its simply questions pulled from that book, many of them are along the lines of 'What color are the gates at the entry way to Gringotts?'

I have read the books many times and have helped teams win a few Harry Potter trivia nights, and I still can barely hit over 50% in that game. We love it though, its a makes a hilarious adaption to a drinking game, especially if you want to get plastered.

Ruruja

Oct 25, 2017

giphy.gif